Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

7 comments in this topic

Members
3 posts
1,254 battles

I'm not sure where to begin.  I have no doubt that the good players will scoff at me for making this post. 

I started playing this game during open beta (August 22 2015).  I'm not a good player.  WR 48%

What I don't understand is why Wg has some of their missions set for Base XP. 

My thinking is that if someone wants to use their flags or camouflage to increase their XP for the match then that is their right.

IE: if I earn 500 XP in a match and if I have a premium account then I receive 750 for the match, but I am only credited with receiving 500 towards the mission.

I have no problem with WG making money with premiums accounts ( I sometimes will spend the money for one).  But at this point what is the reason for getting a premium account if the XP for said account is not included  in the missions.

I'm not trying to stir up trouble or complain, I'm just curious.  I'm I the only person who thinks like this?

Thanks for taking the time to read my mild rant.

• Cool 1

[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,253 posts
1,860 battles

Setting the requirement as base EXP allows them to control how many matches, on average, it takes to complete for all players.  Some tasks do require EXP instead, and the amount required is always much larger than it is on the Base EXP tasks.  This way the players on free accounts aren't always at a disadvantage and it mixes things up a bit.

• Cool 3

Members
3 posts
1,254 battles

Thank you Helstrem for your reply, I appreciate it. 

I do agree with you and that is the way it should be.  I just can't help but think that paying customers (premium accounts) wouldn't receive a bonus at the end of the match. 

P.S.  I'm currently playing non-premium.

I've to give credit though at least by going this direction at least it isn't pay to win I guess  :)

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,684 posts
3,824 battles
18 minutes ago, Levi_Dastardly said:

Thank you Helstrem for your reply, I appreciate it. 

I do agree with you and that is the way it should be.  I just can't help but think that paying customers (premium accounts) wouldn't receive a bonus at the end of the match. 

P.S.  I'm currently playing non-premium.

I've to give credit though at least by going this direction at least it isn't pay to win I guess  :)

Be careful when using that word in these forums woods.

Members
3 posts
1,254 battles

Hello Vader_Sama

I don't think that I've said anything wrong.  If I get banned for saying this game is "not pay to win" then that is fine.  There is nothing that I can do about that.

I was only asking a question on these forums.

[PVE]
Members
512 posts
4,345 battles
4 hours ago, Levi_Dastardly said:

Hello Vader_Sama

I don't think that I've said anything wrong.  If I get banned for saying this game is "not pay to win" then that is fine.  There is nothing that I can do about that.

I was only asking a question on these forums.

Its not getting banned, but getting flamed by other posters that is the worry. Many a thread has been derailed due to someone getting triggered by that phrase.

[O_O]
Members
4,425 posts
9,588 battles

There have been mission tasks before that required a significant Base XP total for a single game...I think 1,700 Base XP is the highest I have seen.  A requirement that high requires three things...the player must play Random game mode (or another PvP mode), the player will probably have to win, and the player has to have a good game.  In the past, however, the mission could be completed without accomplishing the difficult, high Base XP task.

Fortunately, requirements for Base XP in a single game are either fairly uncommon, or low enough to be attainable by the majority of the player base (although it may take a few games to accomplish it).

There have been mission requirements in the past requiring 'x' number of destroyer kills or cruiser kills.  Those requirements really created a lot of blow back and frustration by many players.  It was frustrating because many players seemed to play only for those kills to the detriment of the team, or "kill stealing" became a thing because that particular kill actually did mean something.

WG has to have objectives for missions, campaigns, etc.  There has to be variety in those objectives or things get stale.  Some they tried were just not received well by the players, and in response WG will either not use them again or use them infrequently.

XP, Base XP, Free XP, damage, and credits are a few things that are earned/achieved every time we play.  That makes for an easy objective.  The amount required to complete the objective becomes the bar.

Sign in to follow this