You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Soshi_Sone

If you can't beat them....

10 comments in this topic

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,444 posts
11,731 battles

Exactly. 

Well played.

Members
1,834 posts
17,629 battles
1 hour ago, Soshi_Sone said:

shot-18_09.28_21_51.30-0998.thumb.jpg.bfd4b1496920e9e7bb0dc0c88e72394f.jpg

Good 1...+1

Supertester
3,004 posts
10,057 battles
3 hours ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

Exactly. 

Well played.

???

I'm trying to piece this together here and maybe you can help me break this down as how it's actually "well played"?

All things considered, with the Zao having the recent torp range buff so it can now stealth torp to 12km. It has a max range of 16.23km, but translates into roughly 19.49km with a spotter up (it's also eligible for the spotter upgrade to keep it in the air longer) and has a "stock" 19% chance to start a fire... Lastly, it travels at 34.5 knots before flags and has a rudder shift time of 7.7s, again before mods.

The G.K. on the other hand, has a range of 20.61km before any modifications, however this is not a "sniping Battleship". Moreover, it's concealment can be seen from space. It travels at 30 knots and has a rudder shift time of 19.4s...

I'm trying to figure out how the G.K. could have avoided being rammed if he missed/grazed/penned the one salvo he got off if the OP was full steam bow on to him... Answer is, he couldn't, well unless I am really missing something here.

It looks like it was a choice to flat out ram the guy rather than burn or flood him. 

I guess I might be reading to much into the title "If you can't beat them.." and your follow up reply. If I'm not though, please let me know, I'd like to hear how the G.K. could have danced around the Zao, Zao's torps, etc., 

Then again I'm approaching this as if ramming was a last resort and not a first tactic.

EDIT: I'm not trying to take anything away from the OP by any means. I'm trying to see the justification for not simply owning the G.K. and moving on.

Edited by BURN_Miner

[WLDD]
Beta Testers
352 posts
5,170 battles
2 hours ago, BURN_Miner said:

???

I'm trying to piece this together here and maybe you can help me break this down as how it's actually "well played"?

All things considered, with the Zao having the recent torp range buff so it can now stealth torp to 12km. It has a max range of 16.23km, but translates into roughly 19.49km with a spotter up (it's also eligible for the spotter upgrade to keep it in the air longer) and has a "stock" 19% chance to start a fire... Lastly, it travels at 34.5 knots before flags and has a rudder shift time of 7.7s, again before mods.

The G.K. on the other hand, has a range of 20.61km before any modifications, however this is not a "sniping Battleship". Moreover, it's concealment can be seen from space. It travels at 30 knots and has a rudder shift time of 19.4s...

I'm trying to figure out how the G.K. could have avoided being rammed if he missed/grazed/penned the one salvo he got off if the OP was full steam bow on to him... Answer is, he couldn't, well unless I am really missing something here.

It looks like it was a choice to flat out ram the guy rather than burn or flood him. 

I guess I might be reading to much into the title "If you can't beat them.." and your follow up reply. If I'm not though, please let me know, I'd like to hear how the G.K. could have danced around the Zao, Zao's torps, etc., 

Then again I'm approaching this as if ramming was a last resort and not a first tactic.

EDIT: I'm not trying to take anything away from the OP by any means. I'm trying to see the justification for not simply owning the G.K. and moving on.

Are you sure you're looking at the image correctly?  OP was in the GK, and rammed a Yamato that bounced all their shells.

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,444 posts
11,731 battles
8 hours ago, BURN_Miner said:

???

When near death and in Grossers secondaries, she was dead anyways. Better to take him with her.

Without any game play, I expect she was spotted and under attack from other ships and was too close to disengage and heal. When found in a bad situation, and nearly dead, ram to take out the enemy so you get a trade.

With all you said, zao should have never gotten detected and could have lived. But a simple snapshot does not tell us how she got into a position to have to ram...

Btw, she was losing the gunfight.

• Cool 1

Supertester
3,004 posts
10,057 battles
8 hours ago, Deno said:

Are you sure you're looking at the image correctly?  OP was in the GK, and rammed a Yamato that bounced all their shells.

Apparently not... So much for posting at 4am.

Talk about an epic "derp" moment on my part.

hmmrhed.gif

EDIT: +1 to both you and Desturbed. My apologies. lol

Edited by BURN_Miner