You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Shannon_Lindsey

British DD captain question

8 comments in this topic

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
186 posts
5,104 battles

I had a 6 point British commander, formerly assigned to Orion, whose skills had been reset. I have been using him on Acasta, on which he has now reached 10 skill points. Tomorrow, I should be unlocking Icarus, at which time I will be moving him to that DD. When the next patch comes out, and the DDs move into the tech tree, will he still be on the Icarus, will he still need to be retrained, and if so, will I still get the option to get him halfway there for 200k credits? 

[STURM]
Members
298 posts
2,877 battles

Icarus is a premium right now, so he is still trained on the Orion. You will need to retrain him.

As for the 200k credits, I honestly don't know. Just to be safe, you might want to put him in reserve right before the patch, and put him on after the patch drops. 

[ENDVR]
Members
410 posts
5,323 battles

I’ve heard it both ways so far...

- the captain will auto-retrain to the British DD if still on it when tree goes live.

- the captain will still be trained on the Orion and if you want him on the DD you’ll have to go through the retraining process.

So... shrug?

[PVE]
Members
9,547 posts
7,456 battles
9 hours ago, SmokeHenge said:

I’ve heard it both ways so far...

- the captain will auto-retrain to the British DD if still on it when tree goes live.

- the captain will still be trained on the Orion and if you want him on the DD you’ll have to go through the retraining process.

So... shrug?

The second one. He will still be trained on the Orion and will need retraining.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
549 posts
3,605 battles

Does anyone remember what happened to the French BB captains?  Should be the same dance here.

Edited by Captain_Slattery

[PVE]
Members
9,547 posts
7,456 battles
1 minute ago, Captain_Slattery said:

Does anyone remember what happened to the French BB captains?  Should be the same dance here.

They might be saving them for a French DD event.

[4HIM]
Members
1,791 posts
4,051 battles
1 hour ago, Captain_Slattery said:

They're in hiding, waiting to taunt the new RN captains

871.gif

• Funny 1

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
186 posts
5,104 battles
1 hour ago, Captain_Slattery said:

Sadly, I didn't have a situation like this with the French event, or I would already know the answer.