You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Babui

YOU CAN SELL THE ARP SHIPS!!!!

46 comments in this topic

Members
25 posts
4,509 battles

Was wondering how to get rid of them when at a whim I tried selling them....AND YOU CAN!

The T7's go for 2.6mil credits and the T5's go for 1.1mil.

I had no bloody idea all this time.

So not only did I get rid of them I also made a massive fortune in credits.

FYI to those unaware!

• Boring 1

[B-W-M]
[B-W-M]
Members
324 posts
4,656 battles

There are three problems with the ARP ships.

Anime girl captains

no cammo bonus (with bright as hell shoot me colors)

And they are sitting in massively expensive port slots that cost 300 doubloons.

Ill be keeping mine, though.

Members
25 posts
4,509 battles
1 minute ago, RipNuN2 said:

You're a bit late on this :Smile_hiding:

Which is I feel so silly lol.

Regardless I'm happy to have discovered this late than not at all.

[RED2]
Members
107 posts
6,604 battles
8 minutes ago, cavscout1739 said:

At least duing the ArP event ArP ships took thier port slots with them if you tried to get rid of them, don't know about now though.

[DPG]
Members
886 posts
4,422 battles

I kept one of each of the clones and the Takao.  I would use them more often if their "camo" had normal premium bonuses.

[SIDE]
Members
1,247 posts
8,868 battles
51 minutes ago, Babui said:

Was wondering how to get rid of them when at a whim I tried selling them....AND YOU CAN!

The T7's go for 2.6mil credits and the T5's go for 1.1mil.

I had no bloody idea all this time.

So not only did I get rid of them I also made a massive fortune in credits.

FYI to those unaware!

I don't get why you seem to value credits over ships that are no longer attainable, but to each their own, I guess. I will be keeping mine; credits are easy to come by.

• Cool 4

[C-1]
[C-1]
Members
356 posts
6,759 battles

Keeping all of mine. I never have to wait or pay for any of the tier 7 scenarios that allow Japanese cruisers XD

Not to mention that the captains all interchange with the ships. They are Premium ships after all and you don't have to retrain any captain that you put on them. This means that you can use one of those 200% first battle bonuses roughly 10 times to nab a quick boost to captain XP.

Not to mention I like being able to play around with the different builds and captain skills on my lower-skill ARP captains. Keeping the lv10 captains for other ships if/when I get them.

Beta Testers
1,323 posts
3,585 battles

I'd rather buy them and have ARP come back for a second round having Musashi and Yamato skins added in. If anyone watches the anime SPOILER WARNING I WARNED YOU.

Spoiler

They see that it ends with a special torpedo being carried to American and the following movie sees Musashi try to take over everything and starts a warsEventually Yamato and I 409 merge together and fight Musashi and the end. So that allows for both skins to be added to the game along with I-409.

[ERN]
[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,122 posts
4,270 battles

I haven't sold any yet, but when I do. It will be the day I quit

Members
25 posts
4,509 battles
1 hour ago, _Rumple_ said:

I don't get why you seem to value credits over ships that are no longer attainable, but to each their own, I guess. I will be keeping mine; credits are easy to come by.

I never use them, not a fan of anime, and I was grinding the credits for the Buffalo I had already unlocked from the earlier tech tree.

I got bored of grinding credits in my MO (yes, yes, first world WOWS problems lol) so it saved me a few days.

Also WOWS is my after work hobby. I get maybe an hour or so every night. So it was a worthwhile trade.

Members
649 posts
7,453 battles

I still keep mine, even if I rarely use them, they are good enuff to be in my port just being a decoration or rather for collecting (once in a lifetime/contract unique ship camo) purposes...
Credit's aren't an issue for me as well...

2 hours ago, cavscout1739 said:

I believe when you obtained them they come with a free port slot plus the ARP ship (and also a captain free slot and those anime captains which they sit there for free) hence they do not really sit there on your port costing you 300 doubloons...
They basically sit there on your port for free...

Edited by Amatsukaze_KaiNi

[ZIPPO]
Members
1,553 posts
3,539 battles

I kept all my ARP ships because they act as a premium for captain training so when the 100-300% first win bonus events happen they make for good captain grinders even you tie in the right flags. 

[PIZZA]
Members
719 posts
8,099 battles
2 hours ago, Psycodiver said:

I kept all my ARP ships because they act as a premium for captain training so when the 100-300% first win bonus events happen they make for good captain grinders even you tie in the right flags. 

THIS is the dirty little secret to gather xp:s. 

[DAKI]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,513 posts
4,387 battles

I've kept mine, since at this point they are collector's items which will never be available again, and will only become less common over time.

The last couple of times I've used the ARP ships, I've had people wondering what they were, and where they could get one.

[O_O]
Members
4,397 posts
9,515 battles

I am not a fan of the neon, gaudy ARP ships.  They make my eyes bleed.

Still, they are discontinued so I am not selling them.  The elitist in me likes having a shiny thing that other people can't have.

[HINON]
Supertester
19,189 posts
12,700 battles
9 hours ago, cavscout1739 said:

A slot that you got for free when you got the ships.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
549 posts
3,605 battles

I would actually like to have the ARP ships.  Kongo, at least.  Throw the Southern Dragon in there as well.  I know that I could have purchased it, but I didn't like the twofer that was being offered.  Now I would have paid for just the Dragon.

[ENDVR]
Members
410 posts
5,323 battles
11 hours ago, Noone_You_Know said:

And you keep the 10 point captains. You can even mod out the pre-teen little girl voices, leaving you with a bunch of 10 point IJN captains.

Lol the little girl profiles with the normal IJN captains’s voice seems like it’d be hilarious.

Members
2,918 posts
1,365 battles
11 hours ago, Preteen said:

Why wouldr you sell free waifus?? Why??

Because bright colors and 7 of the same ship?  Plus, IjN ships...meh...

And om not a fan of anime and squeaky voiced preteen girls screaming stuff in a language I dont understand.  No hate on Japanese, but I dont want those ships in my port.  I think Ill keep the green back girl just cuz her portrait looks cool lol.

Finally, yeah, free port slots...