You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
dmckay

Icarus? DD?

7 comments in this topic

Members
4,566 posts
6,505 battles

This just appeared in my lineup. DD.  Not on tree that I can find. Is the thing worth keeping?  Why did I get it...just saw it in my lineup. Just wondering.  Tks

[WOLF9]
Members
42 posts
3,633 battles

The Icarus is one of the 4 RN DD’s that can drop via the RN crates.  It comes in the form of a mission that earns you the destroyer.  Definately keep it so you have a head start on the new line.

Members
4,566 posts
6,505 battles
1 minute ago, Purple_Dawn said:

The Icarus is one of the 4 RN DD’s that can drop via the RN crates.  It comes in the form of a mission that earns you the destroyer.  Definately keep it so you have a head start on the new line.

TKS.  Did not know why it appeared cause I am an idiot. I played it twice tonight in coop and won both matches and killed 4 ships.... BUT that is co-op....not random battle. Thing does not have speed boost but the torps seem ok.  Not a DD guy here by the way. On the surface looks, to me, that it will be just average at best in the real thing like random battles. Dunno.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,678 posts
9,071 battles

I want the 7 or the 8 so I am not locked out of some of the missions without spending more than $40.

[CVA16]
Members
2,301 posts
9,881 battles

One thing I was realized when I got the Icarus is that it counts as a premium. Therefore it can use the same captain as its T6 near clone that had already got a bit of experience. Put the 3 pointer into reserve. The captain still says Black Swan for both. I'll reassign when I decide what keeper ship I want.

I doing better in the Icarus for some reason. Still NEED those 10 pts to get CE.