You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
A_Horde_of_Sharks

Tier 8 Matchmaking is Painful

62 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Members
321 posts
2,133 battles

Tier 8 matchmaking is by far the worst.  People need to be aware of the issues with the amount of times tier 8s get pulled into tier 10 games. 

Just check out the footage of this tier 8 battle below.

Spoiler

5baebcec13615_TierIIIVMatchmaking.thumb.png.6885f60c7c849dc99b44d2ec81f0ddc7.png

For just a few easy payments of doubloons a month, you too can spread tier X bully awareness, and help Poor Prinz Eugen with his undoubted psychological  damage from buying directly into tier 8.

Send all payments into the mail by directly inserting it into your local time machine.  This will spare Prinz Eugen from explaining to his parents why he became an over-glorified reef.      

(Edit) Please take this as satire, no ships were harmed in the making of this image... :cap_like:     

Edited by A_Horde_of_Sharks
  • Funny 7
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 5

[HINON]
Supertester
19,224 posts
12,756 battles

3VwfviR.gif?noredirect

• Cool 3
  • Bad 2

[ENDVR]
Members
415 posts
5,330 battles

I spend my hard-earned premium time so WG will send T8s into my T10 jaws. Converted all my XP by buying doubloons. Ha! Stickin’ it to the man, WG!

Wait a sec...

• Cool 1

[DPG]
Members
897 posts
4,435 battles

That was the most recent depiction of t8 MM you could find?  Those citadel ribbons haven't been around for a loooooong time.

• Bad 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,650 posts
9,052 battles

Checks the calendar and yes it is a day ending in y.

[TF16B]
Modder
645 posts
6,889 battles

It’s really a shame, isn’t it? Some of the best, most historic ships ever built, and most of my favorites, historically speaking, are in this tier. I suspect they just don’t get played as much as they should because of routinely being placed in T10 matches. “Getting Gud” definitely helps and anything that doesn’t get you killed, at this tier, will surely make you stronger.

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
918 posts
2,119 battles

I'm sorry but if you cant handle +2 matchmaking, then move down a tier. Tier 8s can knock tier 10s just fine

Please, downvote me:fish_palm:

• Cool 6
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 11

[HINON]
Members
321 posts
2,133 battles
13 minutes ago, _1204_ said:

I'm sorry but if you cant handle +2 matchmaking, then move down a tier. Tier 8s can knock tier 10s just fine

Please, downvote me:fish_palm:

I honestly mostly agree, the point of this post is to point out the disparity in tier 8 matchmaking, then to exemplify the over-embellishment of the problem by the community.  Tis a Joke, why you heff to be mad?  :cap_like:

Edited by A_Horde_of_Sharks

[WOLF9]
Members
91 posts
3,814 battles
16 minutes ago, USNA_76 said:

It’s really a shame, isn’t it? Some of the best, most historic ships ever built, and most of my favorites, historically speaking, are in this tier. I suspect they just don’t get played as much as they should because of routinely being placed in T10 matches. “Getting Gud” definitely helps and anything that doesn’t get you killed, at this tier, will surely make you stronger.

Couldnt agree more with this. Never really like the whole "Getting Gud" saying. its about as useless as the military saying "suck the suck." The whole problem with an 8 ship in a 10 game is they are the first targeted. I mean yeah sure this will get you stronger in time learning how to deal with it. But in the end it only supports passive play. In my opinion tier eight should only be plus one in each category. But im in the minority in this and will most likely be prosecuted for it! but meh! I always try to roll the dice in tier 8. Though im starting to play it less and less. 

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[TF16B]
Modder
645 posts
6,889 battles
1 minute ago, Murasame92 said:

Couldnt agree more with this. Never really like the whole "Getting Gud" saying. its about as useless as the military saying "suck the suck." The whole problem with an 8 ship in a 10 game is they are the first targeted. I mean yeah sure this will get you stronger in time learning how to deal with it. But in the end it only supports passive play. In my opinion tier eight should only be plus one in each category. But im in the minority in this and will most likely be prosecuted for it! but meh! I always try to roll the dice in tier 8. Though im starting to play it less and less. 

T8 is definitely painful and I definitely support 1 up 1 down matchmaking, but my Atlanta is the only ship I have ever driven that achieved a Priority Target score of 10 =D

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
918 posts
2,119 battles
9 minutes ago, A_Horde_of_Sharks said:

I honestly mostly agree, the point of this post is to point out the disparity in tier 8 matchmaking, then to exemplify the over-embellishment of the problem by the community.  Tis a Joke, why you heff to be mad?  :cap_like:

Lots of people have tested this, including Mr Lert if I recall. It's pretty much 50/50.

Never mad. Just having a little fun with people beating dead horses. Kinda like the anti radar extremists:Smile_teethhappy:

[HINON]
Members
321 posts
2,133 battles
Just now, _1204_ said:

Lots of people have tested this, including Mr Lert if I recall. It's pretty much 50/50.

Never mad. Just having a little fun with people beating dead horses. Kinda like the anti radar extremists:Smile_teethhappy:

Right?  AA builds are hilarious, especially when you hide them in a smoke screen...:Smile_teethhappy:

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,432 posts
3,875 battles

WG placed most of history's most popular and famous ships in tier 8. It's a real shame.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,650 posts
9,052 battles

There is a problem but it is not the MM, it is that it is too easy to play tier 10's regularly. With permanent camouflage it takes a complete face plant to lose any credits. They can't remove those camouflages so they need to incentivize playing in the middle tiers instead of tier 10.

2 minutes ago, _1204_ said:

Going from memory he came up with 45% tier 8 or tier 9 matches which is not really bad when you step back and look.

• Cool 1

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,432 posts
3,875 battles
1 minute ago, BrushWolf said:

Going from memory he came up with 45% tier 8 or tier 9 matches which is not really bad when you step back and look.

It was 55% of your time fighting tier 10. That is not symmetrical. That is literally the majority of your time spent bottom tier. The remaining 45% was equally distributed between the other 2 possible outcomes.

Ideally they'd all be ~33-35%, a roughly even distribution. This is significantly off balance and from a player perspective feels terrible and tiresome.

Edited by KiyoSenkan
  • Cool 1

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
918 posts
2,119 battles
Just now, KiyoSenkan said:

It was 45% of your time fighting tier 10. That is not symmetrical. That is literally the majority of your time spent bottom tier.

Read that again, but slowly

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,432 posts
3,875 battles
5 minutes ago, _1204_ said:

Read that again, but slowly

I already corrected it.

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,650 posts
9,052 battles
13 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

It was 55% of your time fighting tier 10. That is not symmetrical. That is literally the majority of your time spent bottom tier. The remaining 45% was equally distributed between the other 2 possible outcomes.

Ideally they'd all be ~33-35%, a roughly even distribution. This is significantly off balance and from a player perspective feels terrible and tiresome.

No, it was 37% tier 8 and 18% tier 9 for the 55 percent number and 45% tier 10. The over population in tier 10 is throwing that ideal out of wack. The question is how to get those people that live in tier 10 to drop down to the middle tiers more often.

[SIDE]
Members
1,256 posts
8,868 battles
1 hour ago, A_Horde_of_Sharks said:

Tier 8 matchmaking is by far the worst.  People need to be aware of the issues with the amount of times tier 8s get pulled into tier 10 games. 

Just check out the footage of this tier 8 battle below.

Reveal hidden contents

5baea334e2c98_TierIIIVMatchmaking.thumb.png.2b966647cf0727d84b6e3fa3d6fd60b8.png

For just a few easy payments of doubloons a month, you too can spread tier X bully awareness, and help Poor Prinz Eugen with his undoubted psychological  damage from buying directly into tier 8.

Send all payments into the mail by directly inserting it into your local time machine.  This will spare Prinz Eugen from explaining to his parents why he became an over-glorified reef.               

Which is why I won't be purchasing T8 premiums anymore.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
321 posts
2,133 battles

Wow, I am honestly surprised how few people bothered to take the original post as a form of satire.  Learn to laugh a little guys! 

so-laugh-i-forgot-to-funny_o_2706105.jpg.776d059e727a32c5f1c9fe7c35fb6552.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Members
4,825 posts
5,596 battles
40 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

There is a problem but it is not the MM, it is that it is too easy to play tier 10's regularly. With permanent camouflage it takes a complete face plant to lose any credits. They can't remove those camouflages so they need to incentivize playing in the middle tiers instead of tier 10.

This is precisely the problem. And only the players and WG giving into them are to blame.

[SALVO]
Members
17,070 posts
17,737 battles
56 minutes ago, Murasame92 said:

I think that you mean that you'd be "persecuted", not "prosecuted".