You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ocoda

IFHE WHAT THE HELL did WG change it ?

56 comments in this topic

[BRO1]
Members
93 posts
6,275 battles

OK just noticed on my Mass and GK both are saying IFHE are not relevant to the build what is up with that ? i use both as secondary monsters ????? is this an error on WG part or has something changed

Edited by Ocoda
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 5

[AGBSL]
Members
63 posts
7,363 battles

They (WG) just don't consider it a useful skill because 'battleship'. It still functions the same, so no worries.

[SIDE]
Members
730 posts
3,265 battles

I am pretty sure that WG only takes the main armament as a consideration as recommendations. To be fair IFHE is super meh on either of them ships if you don't heavily spec into Secondary weapons. 

IFHE is obviously amazing when you start focusing on secondary armaments, but when talking about the 16" american guns, IFHE is really pointless. 

• Bad 1

[SF-E]
Members
354 posts
9,789 battles
8 minutes ago, Ocoda said:

OK just noticed on my Mass and GK both are saying IFHE are not relevant to the build what is up with that ? i use both as secondary monsters ????? is this an error on WG part or has something changed

Were you using manual secondaries + IFHE for secondaries?

Members
1,070 posts
5,972 battles
8 minutes ago, Ocoda said:

Like the others have said, that symbol/determination is made based only upon the main battery shell diameter. Your secondaries are still in play for getting the benefit.

[-FH-]
Members
54 posts
707 battles

Yeah, its a very misleading mechanic, not well thought out.  

I dont use IFHE on my BBs, but many have found them useful for winning.

Members
688 posts
4,374 battles

They're trying to discourage the sort of players who insist that IFHE is a great choice for their Iowa because it really boosts the damage output of the main guns. 

I was actually told that by a player who insisted that he averaged about 170k damage a game with this approach. His actual average damage in the Iowa was about 40k. 

[WAG]
Members
393 posts
7,510 battles

If you know enough to question the suggestions, those suggestions are not for you. They are a very basic guide for the new player base.

• Cool 1

[BRO1]
Members
93 posts
6,275 battles
14 minutes ago, _Big_Lou_ said:

Were you using manual secondaries + IFHE for secondaries?

yes with all the trimmings. always play my BB's as Brawlers.

new GK build.jpg

[HINON]
Members
2,580 posts
18,808 battles

I also noticed that manual aa is no longer considered a viable skill for Hood, don't the rockets benefit from it?

Members
189 posts
15,737 battles
27 minutes ago, Ocoda said:

Secondary builds itself is inefficient.

Taking IFHE on Massa and GK is WORSE than taking SE

• Cool 7
  • Boring 4
  • Bad 2

[BRO1]
Members
93 posts
6,275 battles
5 minutes ago, DoIphin_Princess said:

lol hardly, you may want to check out these videos and see what the experts say.

• Boring 1

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,866 posts
5,255 battles
27 minutes ago, DoIphin_Princess said:

You keep posting and showing your ignorance on secondary build effectiveness for certain ships.  You might want to stop that.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 5

Members
189 posts
15,737 battles
25 minutes ago, Ocoda said:

lol hardly, you may want to check out these videos and see what the experts say.

Um, sorry to break this to you but....

image.thumb.png.f7573e32dfb5550f71583e2c690c9356.png

image.thumb.png.b065cdaafeed38fe1b40d4117a348d4d.png

image.thumb.png.77983eab54ce90ca96b473cf22514394.png

They are CCs yes, with good video making skills. However, when it comes to "expert" advice, all competitive level super unicums will all tell you that secondary builds might be fun, but they are completely and utterly useless. What you saw in the videoes was 2 special case games out of millions of GK/Massa games on the server

You dont buy the lottery because you saw someone who won a million dollars, you dont spec for secondaries just because someone had all the stars align to have a good game in it.

My max damage in the GK is 366k in a single game, and that dwarfs what the secondaries did in those videos.

Edited by DoIphin_Princess
  • Cool 8
  • Bad 3

Members
189 posts
15,737 battles
3 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

You keep posting and showing your ignorance on secondary build effectiveness for certain ships.  You might want to stop that.

It is the truth. What is wrong with informing people about the ineffectiveness of secondary builds?

If you think its effective then prove it to me by beating my average damage or win rate or max damage in the GK

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Bad 4

[-K-]
Supertester
5,153 posts
8,946 battles
33 minutes ago, Ocoda said:

snip

There's a difference between fun builds and optimal builds. Notser has very questionable judgement at times, so I wouldn't take his advice at face value. You have to do your own research. 

Generally speaking, spec'ing into skills that enhance your RNG damage rather than skill based damage isn't a good idea. For average players, secondary builds are more effective. For better players, it's not as useful. 

Edited by Mortal_Marsupial

[BRO1]
Members
93 posts
6,275 battles
10 minutes ago, DoIphin_Princess said:

Um, sorry to break this to you but....

image.thumb.png.f7573e32dfb5550f71583e2c690c9356.png

image.thumb.png.b065cdaafeed38fe1b40d4117a348d4d.png

image.thumb.png.77983eab54ce90ca96b473cf22514394.png

They are CCs yes, with good video making skills. However, when it comes to "expert" advice, all competitive level super unicums will all tell you that secondary builds might be fun, but they are completely and utterly useless. What you saw in the videoes was 2 special case games out of millions of GK/Massa games on the server

You dont buy the lottery because you saw someone who a million dollars, you dont spec for secondaries just because someone had all the stars align to have a good game in it.

My max damage in the GK is 366k in a single game, and that dwarfs what the secondaries did in those videos.

To each there own. I play overtly aggressively and have almost as many first kills as some DD players. Hell in a game i had just this morning I had 4 kills of which 3 were Secondary kills. This is not a once in blue moon thing with either of those ships, it is how i play best in either of those ships. In my 9 month of playing I've learned a lot from the CCs but mostly from other players. The majority of players and Dev's agree on the secondary build from my vantage point, and as such most of my clan have switched there builds to match mine with significant improvement in there game play. 

[WDS]
Members
382 posts
7,047 battles

I just use it with the Massachusetts only for secondaries never main guns  . Seems to make my secondaries a lot more dangerous DDs and Cruisers don't like to get too close . Secondary build seems to help me out by spotting DD early and since I'm not really good like Dolphin Princess this is useful not to mention they are fun  . So they are not utterly useless maybe they are not optimal for the great players but for some of us they are useful.

[-VT3-]
Members
1,626 posts
3,364 battles

In something like GK, I'd say that a survivability build is probably ideal, simply because secondaries are highly situational and your concealment will always be garbage.

That said, I'd be lying if I told you that the secondaries haven't saved my [edited]with the right fire at the right time, when i needed it most.  xD

Members
189 posts
15,737 battles
3 minutes ago, Ocoda said:

To each there own. I play overtly aggressively and have almost as many first kills as some DD players. Hell in a game i had just this morning I had 4 kills of which 3 were Secondary kills. This is not a once in blue moon thing with either of those ships, it is how i play best in either of those ships. In my 9 month of playing I've learned a lot from the CCs but mostly from other players. The majority of players and Dev's agree on the secondary build from my vantage point, and as such most of my clan have switched there builds to match mine with significant improvement in there game play. 

Just now, clammboy said:

I just use it with the Massachusetts only for secondaries never main guns  . Seems to make my secondaries a lot more dangerous DDs and Cruisers don't like to get too close . Secondary build seems to help me out by spotting DD early and since I'm not really good like Dolphin Princess this is useful not to mention they are fun  . So they are not utterly useless maybe they are not optimal for the great players but for some of us they are useful.

This is all true. Main guns require much more skill to use than secondaries. As you have to aim them and use concealment properly.

Secondary gun range will never exceed your surface detection so there is no way to use concealment+secondaries and you dont have to manually aim beside a left click.

I have no problem with players who build secondaries for fun (as fun is always subjective), and those who need to rely on other sources to deal damage.

But the point of this post was about WG's new system and how it blocks IFHE due to it being inefficient.

And even though secondary builds might work for some people, it is still considered suboptimal simply because whatever can be done with secondaries can be done 10x better with main batteries.

And I just hope that more people will try to go for the main batteries instead of staying on the secondaries treadmill.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 2

[O7]
Members
526 posts
12,664 battles
7 minutes ago, DoIphin_Princess said:

This is all true. Main guns require much more skill to use than secondaries. As you have to aim them and use concealment properly.

Secondary gun range will never exceed your surface detection so there is no way to use concealment+secondaries and you dont have to manually aim beside a left click.

I have no problem with players who build secondaries for fun (as fun is always subjective), and those who need to rely on other sources to deal damage.

But the point of this post was about WG's new system and how it blocks IFHE due to it being inefficient.

And even though secondary builds might work for some people, it is still considered suboptimal simply because whatever can be done with secondaries can be done 10x better with main batteries.

And I just hope that more people will try to go for the main batteries instead of staying on the secondaries treadmill.

But it FEELS better...  besides, what do you know?  Are you a CC??

Edited by bfk_ferlyfe
  • Funny 2

[BRO1]
Members
93 posts
6,275 battles
1 minute ago, DoIphin_Princess said:

Secondaries have a far faster fire rate and when your in the biggest BB in the game its a great deterrent to many DD's and or CC's from getting too close. As i said to each there own i'm sure in 3 years of playing i will be as good as you someday but in my 9 months and having over 800 battles in my GK to your 180 battles in yours i think i like my build the way it is. as for the original reason for this post I was just making sure the IFHE was not nerfed not whose a better player or who can flex the I have a better win rate so you suck and shut up response

[CHMC]
[CHMC]
Members
234 posts
7,416 battles

Didn't you know BBs are supposed to ride the map edge back at spawn? Being in range to use your secondaries? Oh heavens no.

Push up in a brawling BB, are you mad?

[WDS]
Members
382 posts
7,047 battles
14 minutes ago, DoIphin_Princess said:

I don't have manual secondaries  just the IFHE because the Massachusetts secondaries seem to be much more accurate than the German version and seems to do more damage with the IFHE . Do u feel its useless for a below average player like myself to use this setup . This ship and setup are the only ones were I have over 300 battels and over a 50 % win rate my other 4000 battels are sub 50% like 47% . Should I be working on something else to get better ? I love brawling with BB my other favorite ship was the Scharnhorst . I would love your advice .