You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

24 comments in this topic

[SC]
Members
1,577 posts
10,017 battles

Very interesting. I'm unable to use mic (for reasons I can't post here) but have Discord to listen and text. This is the only reason I don't join any clans. 

[RNG]
Members
45 posts
7,123 battles
13 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

Very interesting. I'm unable to use mic (for reasons I can't post here) but have Discord to listen and text. This is the only reason I don't join any clans. 

Hop on our discord and we can figure something out

[SC]
Members
1,577 posts
10,017 battles
On ‎10‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 11:46 AM, Darksteel77 said:

Hop on our discord and we can figure something out

So I went to your Dscord and thought I was joining the RNG but instead I was stuck in _RNG_ and nobody wanted to play Divs with me because they assumed I was a scrub. 

This was not cool since my stats surpass the requirements for RNG. I was basically still playing solo, most never responded to my chat or div requests. I was never invited to div with the exception of the _RNG_ commander.

This wasn't cool at all. I'm back being solo as before.  

[RNG]
Members
51 posts
6,736 battles
36 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

So I went to your Dscord and thought I was joining the RNG but instead I was stuck in _RNG_ and nobody wanted to play Divs with me because they assumed I was a scrub. 

This was not cool since my stats surpass the requirements for RNG. I was basically still playing solo, most never responded to my chat or div requests. I was never invited to div with the exception of the _RNG_ commander.

This wasn't cool at all. I'm back being solo as before.  

People do have to have a mic to be in RNG.  RNG and Dash play clan battles and so it is a requirement for that.  If you just want to div with people then _ is where we put those people.  I don't think people don't want to div with you because of your stats or because you are a "scrub".  You have mostly wanted to div during the day and there are not a lot of us playing then.  In the evening people are still playing ranked and then we have scrim practices as well.  Weekends are honestly hit or miss depending on what people have going on. 

I told you how to get divisions.  Go into voice channel and ask or start a div.  Sometimes it takes a bit of work to get people in a div.  I think you think they they should just happen but it doesn't really work like that.  Maybe other clans are more magical and will give you a div whenever you want.  

Also, have you even tried talking so someone that can't talk back.  Its quite something.  RNG is about community.  Div and TALKING about the work or changes in patches, or vacations or whatever.  One is obviously going to be left out if he/she cannot contribute.  Not on purpose but that is just the way it is.  

You were only in the clan a few days.  No offence but all you seemed to do was complain.  Its not really fun playing with a downer.  Honestly, you get out of a clan what you put into it.  Its honestly like life.  If you don't put much into your work, you aren't going to get much out of it.  If you don't put much into your marriage, then that's not going to last long either.  You cannot go into a clan thinking they are just going to fall all over each other trying to div with you.  It takes time to develop friendships.

Anyways, I wish you good luck and hopefully you find what you are looking for in a clan.  

[SC]
Members
1,577 posts
10,017 battles
22 minutes ago, Basemastar said:

People do have to have a mic to be in RNG.  RNG and Dash play clan battles and so it is a requirement for that.  If you just want to div with people then _ is where we put those people.  I don't think people don't want to div with you because of your stats or because you are a "scrub".  You have mostly wanted to div during the day and there are not a lot of us playing then.  In the evening people are still playing ranked and then we have scrim practices as well.  Weekends are honestly hit or miss depending on what people have going on. 

I told you how to get divisions.  Go into voice channel and ask or start a div.  Sometimes it takes a bit of work to get people in a div.  I think you think they they should just happen but it doesn't really work like that.  Maybe other clans are more magical and will give you a div whenever you want.  

Also, have you even tried talking so someone that can't talk back.  Its quite something.  RNG is about community.  Div and TALKING about the work or changes in patches, or vacations or whatever.  One is obviously going to be left out if he/she cannot contribute.  Not on purpose but that is just the way it is.  

You were only in the clan a few days.  No offence but all you seemed to do was complain.  Its not really fun playing with a downer.  Honestly, you get out of a clan what you put into it.  Its honestly like life.  If you don't put much into your work, you aren't going to get much out of it.  If you don't put much into your marriage, then that's not going to last long either.  You cannot go into a clan thinking they are just going to fall all over each other trying to div with you.  It takes time to develop friendships.

Anyways, I wish you good luck and hopefully you find what you are looking for in a clan.  

Please scroll up and read where I say I don't have a mic.   I never requested to be in the clan and made it clear that I don't use a mic and why. 

I was told to go to the RNG Family chat room so I did for a few days. When people asked who wanted to Div I made myself available. I also went out of my way to ask if anyone wanted to Div. I was totally ignored. I was told by another _RNG_ member the reason is because _RNG_ are assumed to be inexperienced and "scrubs" 

If this is how I'm treated first few days of being a member of this clan why would I want to stay?  I get 4-5 clan invites a week. I was told this one was different. It's not. It's the same as the rest. Hard to develop friendships when nobody can bother even saying hi back to me. The reason I'm pissed is that I went out of my way in a private discussion to say that I don't use a mic and I'm only interested in mature clans with decent players similar to my own stats who don't mind that I don't talk and are active and friendly. So you throw me into your potato clan and nobody is friendly. Wonderful.

I don't need luck finding a clan because I was never looking for one. If one that I was interested came my way I would try it out. I'm just fine solo. 

Edited by STINKWEED_

[RNG]
Members
51 posts
6,736 battles
4 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

Please scroll up and read where I say I don't have a mic.   I never requested to be in the clan and made it clear that I don't use a mic and why. 

To place me in the lowest RNG and then everyone ignore me when it comes to divs is really not cool.  I just got tired of being ignored and left. My stats are better than many of your RNG players. I assumed that's what I got invited to. 

You do know that there is a push to talk setting eh?  You can have a mic and push a button when you want to be heard.  My kids are usually loud so that is what I use.  But ya, you were probably invited so that we could get to know you better and vis versa.  _RNG_ is where this would happen. 

Normally we division up with new recruits a few times before giving them an invite to a clan to see where they would best fit in.  I suppose in your case you wouldn't be able to join in CB so you were automatically assigned to _RNG_.  If you did ever get a mic then you would be able to join on of the other clans.  We just wanted to include you if you were looking to be more social in a clan.  Many of our members start in _ or - and can move up.  

Before I joined RNG I went in discord for a few weeks before I decided to join.  I didn't always have to be in a division but just rubbed shoulders with members and chatted as we played.  That is fine if you don't want to use a mic but it is going to hurt you in whatever clan you go into imo.  

You can't compete in Clan Battles so you are going to be put into _RNG_  Gosh, I feel like I sound like a broken record.  Not everyone reads discord all the time.  That's why we are in voice channel.  Its not that you are being ignored.  

Your stats are pretty good but there is a lot of stat padding going on  ;)    Not that that's wrong but I wouldn't get too full of myself just yet.  Your T10s could use some work.

[SC]
Members
1,577 posts
10,017 battles
20 minutes ago, Basemastar said:

You do know that there is a push to talk setting eh?  You can have a mic and push a button when you want to be heard.  My kids are usually loud so that is what I use.  But ya, you were probably invited so that we could get to know you better and vis versa.  _RNG_ is where this would happen. 

Normally we division up with new recruits a few times before giving them an invite to a clan to see where they would best fit in.  I suppose in your case you wouldn't be able to join in CB so you were automatically assigned to _RNG_.  If you did ever get a mic then you would be able to join on of the other clans.  We just wanted to include you if you were looking to be more social in a clan.  Many of our members start in _ or - and can move up.  

Before I joined RNG I went in discord for a few weeks before I decided to join.  I didn't always have to be in a division but just rubbed shoulders with members and chatted as we played.  That is fine if you don't want to use a mic but it is going to hurt you in whatever clan you go into imo.  

You can't compete in Clan Battles so you are going to be put into _RNG_  Gosh, I feel like I sound like a broken record.  Not everyone reads discord all the time.  That's why we are in voice channel.  Its not that you are being ignored.  

Your stats are pretty good but there is a lot of stat padding going on  ;)    Not that that's wrong but I wouldn't get too full of myself just yet.  Your T10s could use some work.

First of all I have been in a clan before and did compete in Clan battles and never lost one battle. Second, I have friends that I Div with and they talk and I text in chat and we do just fine. We win most battles.
Third, I made it clear I don't talk for medical reasons before I joined. Fourth, I get invited to join clans 4-5 times a week and turn them down as I'm not interested in playing with inexperienced players with low WR. So why would I want to belong to your lowest Clan of 500 battles, 45% WR, less than 25k average damage, no T10 requirement when I have 9000 battles, 55% WR, 52.9 k average damage and five tier 10 ships? 

Yes, the majority of my battles isn't tier 10s because Random tier 10 battles has the absolute worst players because in the past year every kid rushed up the ranks to get their T10. The better players can be found in mid tiers. This is perhaps one of the few reasons I was remotely interested in clans, to play tier 10 with good players.

In a nutshell, you guys knew I was interested in RNG based on your requirements above, you knew I didn't use a mic and why I didn't and knew that I was interested in being active (when I spoke privately on chat) and yet yo ustuck me in _RNG_ and nobody other than FrizO could bother chatting or inviting me to play. I'm sorry but this doesn't say much for your clan leaders or your clan.  

Edited by STINKWEED_

[RNG]
Members
51 posts
6,736 battles
7 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

First of all I have been in a clan before and did compete in Clan battles and never lost one battle. Second, I have friends that I Div with and they talk and I text in chat and we do just fine. We win most battles.
Third, I made it clear I don't talk for medical reasons before I joined. Fourth, I get invited to join clans 4-5 times a week and turn them down as I'm not interested in playing with inexperienced players with low WR. So why would I want to belong to your lowest Clan of 500 battles, 45% WR, less than 25k average damage, no T10 requirement when I have 9000 battles, 55% WR, 52.9 k average damage and five tier 10 ships? 

Yes, the majority of my battles isn't tier 10s because Random tier 10 battles has the absolute worst players because in the past year every kid rushed up the ranks to get their T10. The better players can be found in mid tiers. This is perhaps one of the few reasons I was remotely interested in clans, to play tier 10 with good players.

In a nutshell, you guys knew I was interested in RNG based on your requirements above, you knew I didn't use a mic and why I didn't and knew that I was interested in being active (when I spoke privately on chat) and yet yo ustuck me in _RNG_ and nobody other than FrizO could bother chatting or inviting me to play. I'm sorry but this doesn't say much for your clan leaders or your clan.  

Why don't you join your friends clan then?  Seems like a pretty solid solution to your problems.  

[SC]
Members
1,577 posts
10,017 battles
5 minutes ago, Basemastar said:

Why don't you join your friends clan then?  Seems like a pretty solid solution to your problems.  

Who said they belong to clans?  I said I joined a clan a while back played a bunch of clan battles and they became inactive so I left.

Years back I did clan wars in WOT with 70% WR and no mic.  Your leader messed up and instead of apologizing I get excuses. Remember, I didn't ask to join your clan and from what I've experienced it isn't the friendliest clan either

Edited by STINKWEED_

[RNG]
Members
51 posts
6,736 battles

Honestly CB is pretty easy at the start.  Its not very hard to get all the way up to Storm winning almost every battle.  

Our clan leader didn't mess up at all.  You can't talk on discord so you are not eligible for the clans that play CB.   I feel like we have been over this 3-4 times already.  I don't see why you need an apology.  

I'm sorry your experience wasn't the best.  It has worked for many people though so it might just be you honestly.  If anyone did break any of the clan rules in their interactions with you then be sure to contact the clan leader or any of the officers.  All the best 

[SC]
Members
1,577 posts
10,017 battles
16 minutes ago, Basemastar said:

Honestly CB is pretty easy at the start.  Its not very hard to get all the way up to Storm winning almost every battle.  

Our clan leader didn't mess up at all.  You can't talk on discord so you are not eligible for the clans that play CB.   I feel like we have been over this 3-4 times already.  I don't see why you need an apology.  

I'm sorry your experience wasn't the best.  It has worked for many people though so it might just be you honestly.  If anyone did break any of the clan rules in their interactions with you then be sure to contact the clan leader or any of the officers.  All the best 

So when I'm invited to join your clan and my stats are good enough for RNG as stated above and your leader says that me not using a mic isn't a problem and then you stick me in _RNG_ for players with the least experienced and when nobody will div with me and one of your clan members tells me it's because " _RNG_ players are considered to be scrubs so RNG and -RNG- won't bother talking to you"   ……   no apology needed?

Well, if that's how you operate then perhaps anyone who is thinking of joining you guys should pay careful attention. here's a little advice:  Don't lie to potential members. If someone is upfront don't lie to them. It seems the only reason I was there was to win the clan oil. 

Edited by STINKWEED_

[RNG]
Members
51 posts
6,736 battles
1 minute ago, STINKWEED_ said:

So when I'm invited to join your clan and my stats are good enough for RNG as stated above and your leader says that me not using a mic isn't a problem and then you stick me in _RNG_ for players with the least experienced and when nobody will div with me and one of your clan members tells me it's because " _RNG_ players are considered to be scrubs so RNG and -RNG- won't bother talking to you"   ……   no apology needed?

Well, if that's how you operate then perhaps anyone who is thinking of joining you guys should pay careful attention. here's a little advice:  Don't lie to potential members. If someone is upfront don't lie to them. It seems the only reason I was there was to win the clan oil. 

Whoever said that they didn't want to div with you because you are in _RNG_?   I wasn't there but did he actually say that he was going to put you in RNG?  I think you maybe just assumed that's where you were going because of your stats.  Unfortunately its not all about stats.  We do want mature people that are active in discord as well.  I think you just got a little bent out of shape because you were expecting more.  

You are right though.  We should probably take more time and screen potential members.  I will have a chat with young Darksteel and hopefully we can avoid something like this again.  

[SC]
Members
1,577 posts
10,017 battles
16 minutes ago, Basemastar said:

Whoever said that they didn't want to div with you because you are in _RNG_?   I wasn't there but did he actually say that he was going to put you in RNG?  I think you maybe just assumed that's where you were going because of your stats.  Unfortunately its not all about stats.  We do want mature people that are active in discord as well.  I think you just got a little bent out of shape because you were expecting more.  

You are right though.  We should probably take more time and screen potential members.  I will have a chat with young Darksteel and hopefully we can avoid something like this again.  

I was told in clan chat that none of the RNG and -RNG- players want to play with the _RNG_ because they think they are scrubs and this is why I'm always ignored and nobody responds to me.  

I never asked to join your clan. Look above. All your clan commander had to do is not respond to my comment or say " You need to have a mike for our top clans"  End of story. 

here's some advice...  Most clans put requirements for mic in their statement. Try that. Yes, I was lied to and yes the crappy _RNG_ clan you stuck me in was quite insulting. More so when it's very unfriendly to new members too. Like I said, I am invited 4-5 times a week to join clans with much better stats than -RNG- and _RNG_  so why would I want to with you guys?

Edited by STINKWEED_

[RNG]
Members
51 posts
6,736 battles

lol They were probably being sarcastic and trolling you. 

Life if pretty rough eh.  How dare you get 4-5 invites a week.  The nerve of them.  

As for RNG being unfriendly to new members, we will check into that.  I think we have a pretty good group of people that stick around.  Even those that leave for other clans often still join up in our discord to chill.  

Gl man.  I think you will find that being in a clan takes some give and take.  There isn't a perfect clan out there just like there isn't a perfect person out there.