Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
HMCS_Hamilton

To former and current American Military members.

7 comments in this topic

[NCBL]
Members
50 posts
7,543 battles

Hello all, 

Ive had a number of instances in game now where I've had the pleasure of playing with members of the American Military.  A large majority of these games usually start off with them saying hello based on my name HMCS.  Its been explained that in the U.S Navy and Marine Corps this is an abbreviation for a medical specialty and they assume I'm "Doc".  I then spend a minute explaining this isn't the case, all the while dodging shots so I thought I would just post this.  The HMCS stands for "Her Majesty's Canadian Ship" here in Canada and its just meant as a fun nautical name, like U.S.S Enterprise would in America.  At no time would I, or did I intend to try to pass myself off as an American serviceman and I am confused as anything when you guys start using military jargon.  I enjoy your company on the digital battlefield but I'm a Canadian Electrician and know nothing more than basic first aid :Smile_smile:

To all those that I've met in game already and in the future, you have my respect and my heartfelt thanks for your service and bravery.  

HMCS Hamilton

• Cool 3

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,981 posts
7,530 battles

I find it weird that they think you're  a Senior Chief Corpsman, and don't realize that it means what it actually does. I served in the Navy, and I've never thought anyone with HMCS in their name in this game served as a corpsman. Lol.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
9 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

I find it weird that they think you're  a Senior Chief Corpsman, and don't realize that it means what it actually does. I served in the Navy, and I've never thought anyone with HMCS in their name in this game served as a corpsman. Lol.

Yeah I have to agree. Heck I am a Snipe and I knew HMCS meant.

34 minutes ago, HMCS_Hamilton said:

Hello all, 

Ive had a number of instances in game now where I've had the pleasure of playing with members of the American Military.  A large majority of these games usually start off with them saying hello based on my name HMCS.  Its been explained that in the U.S Navy and Marine Corps this is an abbreviation for a medical specialty and they assume I'm "Doc".  I then spend a minute explaining this isn't the case, all the while dodging shots so I thought I would just post this.  The HMCS stands for "Her Majesty's Canadian Ship" here in Canada and its just meant as a fun nautical name, like U.S.S Enterprise would in America.  At no time would I, or did I intend to try to pass myself off as an American serviceman and I am confused as anything when you guys start using military jargon.  I enjoy your company on the digital battlefield but I'm a Canadian Electrician and know nothing more than basic first aid :Smile_smile:

To all those that I've met in game already and in the future, you have my respect and my heartfelt thanks for your service and bravery.  

HMCS Hamilton

Well, this Old Snipe was happy to serve, and more than happy to share a few brews with the RCN Sailors:Smile_honoring:

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,981 posts
7,530 battles
21 minutes ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

Yeah I have to agree. Heck I am a Snipe and I knew HMCS meant.

Well, this Old Snipe was happy to serve, and more than happy to share a few brews with the RCN Sailors:Smile_honoring:

I was a GSM on a LCAC hovercraft.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
1 minute ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

I was a GSM on a LCAC hovercraft.

LOL, I am a plank owner for the USS Whidbey Island (LSD-41), worked with you guys, around 1983.:Smile_honoring:

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,981 posts
7,530 battles
2 hours ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

LOL, I am a plank owner for the USS Whidbey Island (LSD-41), worked with you guys, around 1983.:Smile_honoring:

Did some workups on her, never deployed on her. Deployed on the Gunston Hall a number of times.

[PSP]
Members
6,313 posts
8,935 battles

I guess it's because I was Army medic but I always thought that HMCS referred to ships. Some usernames can confuse people though. In another forum I was "Metis," which I chose because it was the name of the Greek titan of Wisdom. Of course, Metis also refers to a group of people in Canada, so I was always having to explain my name. It didn't help things at all that I chose a Coeur Des Bois as my avatar.

Sign in to follow this