You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
MG1962

Base XP = Capt XP question

14 comments in this topic

[BLHK]
Members
350 posts
3,449 battles

I am not sure I am clear on the mechanics and the wiki page seems to contradict itself

If I get 1000 base xp I will equal a certain amount of capt xp.

If I have 1000 base xp with say a 50% xp flag modifier. Will I get more capt xp or does the capt xp only use the base xp for its own modifiers for the calcuation?

[FAILD]
Members
427 posts
1,608 battles
11 minutes ago, MG1962 said:

I am not sure I am clear on the mechanics and the wiki page seems to contradict itself

If I have 1000 base xp with say a 50% xp flag modifier. Will I get more capt xp or does the capt xp only use the base xp for its own modifiers for the calcuation?

Your captain receives what ever the ship receives. The captain can gain more with certain camos and flags. To see it in action go to the after battle report and click on credits and xp tab. You can see what you get and why. 

Members
1,815 posts
808 battles
21 minutes ago, MG1962 said:

In the wiki

3) Commander Experience:

EC = EB · AT· (1 + ΣME + ΣMC)

Where:

• EC - Total commander experience earned from battle
  • EB - Basic commander experience earned from battle
  • AT - Account type: use 1 for "Standard"; use 1.5 for Premium
  • ΣME - The sum of the coefficients of the modifiers to experience, which include:
  1. The first victory of the day for each ship in port (Default value is 50%, but can change due to events)
  2. Usage of Signal Flags
  3. Usage of Camouflage
  4. Awards for the completion of Combat Missions / Events
  5. Usage of Commemorative / Special Flags
  • ΣMC - The sum of the coefficients of the modifiers to experience, which include:
  1. Usage of Signal Flags
  2. Usage of Camouflage
  3. Awards for the completion of Combat Missions / Events
  4. Usage of Commemorative / Special Flags

So command =Base*Account type*(1 + XP bonuses + Commander Bonuses)

So it should be at least as great as the ship XP

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,285 posts
25,359 battles

Due to how Commander XP is calculated, Commander XP earned will always be equal to or greater than ship xp earned.  So any bonuses to ship xp will also increase commander xp.

Posted late.  See above post for additional info.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,344 posts
4,275 battles

Roughly, commander XP = ship XP plus separate bonuses for each flag or camo calculated as a percentage of base XP.

Go look at the screencaps in the second post in the thread linked below, where the effect of all the signal flags etc. they used and the commander XP they provided is laid out for you in black and white. Cut off at the bottom of the summary is ship's bonuses, the difference between the base XP and the total ship XP earned; it all adds up to the same thing.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

Members
1,697 posts
7,233 battles
1 hour ago, MG1962 said:

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Economy

Formula for commander XP is as follows:

RRWmSjA.jpg

[HEROS]
Members
1,430 posts
12,053 battles

A little hint for the future...  Once you get a 19 point commander be sure to put them in a boat that has the best commander XP earning modifiers for all the XP they earn will become elite commander XP which can then be used to level up your other commanders that much faster.  Another important use for elite commander XP is respeccing a commander.   it only takes 190,000 or so elite commander XP to respec a 19 point commander.  Same same retraining to another ship... pop for the 200,000 silver retrain reducing CXP requirements by 50% and then finish the job with ECXP. I'm no paragon of play but I can fairly easily manage to generate 200k ECXP in a week of play, about 20 hours tops even when I'mplaying poorly or just unlucky.

Edited by TL_Warlord_Roff

[BLHK]
Members
350 posts
3,449 battles
21 minutes ago, TL_Warlord_Roff said:

A little hint for the future...  Once you get a 19 point commander be sure to put them in a boat that has the best commander XP earning modifiers for all the XP they earn will become elite commander XP which can then be used to level up your other commanders that much faster.  Another important use for elite commander XP is respeccing a commander.   it only takes 190,000 or so elite commander XP to respec a 19 point commander.  Same same retraining to another ship... pop for the 200,000 silver retrain reducing CXP requirements by 50% and then finish the job with ECXP. I'm no paragon of play but I can fairly easily manage to generate 200k ECXP in a week of play, about 20 hours tops even when I'mplaying poorly or just unlucky.

This was kind of the reason I was asking. I have a 19pt and on the verge of a second. Wanted to make sure I understood the mechanics correctly to take the best advantage of the situation

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,682 posts
3,824 battles

Commander xp will always be equal to whatever xp you made. Only through bonus commander xp modifiers does the total commander xp exceed the total xp you've earned.

[PVE]
Members
9,769 posts
7,478 battles
56 minutes ago, MG1962 said:

Definitely check the wiki, as others have posted, as the formulas for XP are there. Here is a link http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Economy#Earning_Credits_and_Experience

So let's take the formulas and calculate out your XP from your example. FYI, this would be for PvP. Co-op gets less reward, somewhere around -50%. Clan Battles has it's own rules for XP. I think Ranked it like PvP, but I could be wrong. Not sure what Scenarios have for a multiplier.

1,000 base XP plus +50% XP flag, not first victory, standard account

Ship XP = base XP 1,000 *  standard account type 1 * (1 + 50% XP flag) so you have XP = 1000 * 1 * (1 + 0.5) for 1,500 ship XP 

If you had a premium account then you would have 1000 * 1.5 * (1 + 0.5) for 2,250 ship XP.

If it was the first win of the day and a premium account with 50% XP flag, you would have 1000 * 1.5 * (1 + 0.5 + 0.5) for  3,000 ship XP.

CmdrXP = base XP 1,000 * standard account type 1 * (1 + 50% XP flag) so you have CmdrXP = 1000 * 1 * (1 + 0.5) for 1,500 Cmdr XP

If you had a premium account then you would have 1000 * 1.5 * (1 + 0.5) for 2,250 Cmdr XP.

If it was the first win of the day and a premium account with 50% XP flag, you would have 1000 * 1.5 * (1 + 0.5 + 0.5) for  3,000 Cmdr XP.

Free XP = 1,500 ship XP * 0.05 * (1 + 0 FXP bonus) so you have FXP = 1,500 * 0.05 * (1 + 0) for 75 FXP

If you had a premium account then you would have 2,250 * 0.05 * (1 + 0) for 112.5 FXP. (I think this rounds to 113, but I'm not sure)

If it was the first win of the day and a premium account with 50% XP flag, you would have 3000 * 0.05 * (1 + 0) for  150 FXP.

Now lets make it a little more complicated. You have a 1,000 base XP, standard account, first win of the day (+50% day), +50% XP flag, +50% CmdrXP flag, +300% FXP flag, and +50% XP, +50% CmdrXP, & +50% FXP one-use camo.

Ship XP = base XP 1,000 *  standard account type 1 * (1 + 50% first win + 50% XP flag + 50% XP camo) so you have ship XP = 1000 * 1 * (1 + 0.5 + 0.5 + 0.5) for 2,500 ship XP.

Cmdr XP = base XP 1,000 *  standard account type 1 * (1 + 50% first win + 50% XP flag + 50% XP camo + 50% CmdrXP flag + 50% CmdrXP camo) so you have Cmdr XP = 1000 * 1 * (1 + 0.5 + 0.5 + 0.5 + 0.5 + 0.5) for 3,500 Cmdr XP.

Free XP = Ship XP 2,500 *  0.05 * (1 + 300% FXP flag + 50% FXP camo) so you have ship XP = 2500 * 0.05 * (1 + 3 + 0.5) for 562.5 FXP. (I think this rounds to 563 FXP)

For Elite Cmdr XP, the calculation for Cmdr XP is done and then the resulting figure is converted to Elite Cmdr XP.

[WOLF3]
Members
6,466 posts
2,414 battles
1 hour ago, MG1962 said:

the wiki page seems to contradict itself

How so?

BTW, I ran across a tiny jar of Vegemite in the store the other day.  Expensive!  $6.99 USD for 4 oz.

Edited by iDuckman

[BBC]
Members
933 posts
12,326 battles

so to sum up any BASE EXP BONUS goes to the commander !  and is further modified by any Comander exp bonus :)  so stack to the max when running  exp bonuses !

[ARGSY]
Members
6,344 posts
4,275 battles
26 minutes ago, MG1962 said:

the best advantage of the situation

The differences to bear in mind are:

1) Base XP is that figure reported in the team placings screen at the end of the battle, and this is the base XP applied to in-game tasks (e.g. "Earn 10,000 Base XP to unlock Acasta") regardless of whether you are running a premium or standard account.

2) The base XP used to calculate ship and elite captain XP is the above figure multiplied by 1.5 if you are running a premium account, and only for the purpose of calculating ship and Commander XP (Free XP is a direct function of ship XP).

So if you are redeeming the 24 hours of premium time they offered us all as compensation for screwing the game up for some of us, yes; this would be a very good time to load Commander XP flags onto whatever ship(s) your 19 pointer is in and grind HARD. I used the week of premium they offered for finishing Science of Victory to accomplish the final stage of my first 19 pointer; I think I did the last half million of that in the first two days... and then I was so burned out I just finished off a couple of ship grinds and called it quits for a bit. :Smile_glasses:

You could just as easily do this for the 18-pointer, seeing as they are the intended recipient anyway, but doing it for the existing 19 pointer gives you a more capable captain to work with (depending on his build) and lets you keep the flexibility as to where you spend that Elite Commander XP.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu