You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Tyranthrax

Report system work around

29 comments in this topic

[USMC2]
[USMC2]
Members
47 posts
8,964 battles

Angry at another player? Tired of your reports doing nothing? Heere's the trick, just drop all your chat reports on one person. It doesn't matter if you didn't do anything, it doesn't matter. plays poorly, and unsportsmanlike conduct are useless, they do absolutely nothing. But if you really want to get at them Dump every chat report you can. It doesn't matter if they really did anything, the system will find something 2-3 months ago up to when they started. Abuse of the reporting system? HA like wargaming cares. Just a tip to really get at those bads.

Wargaming, I love the work around on the reports, Since two of the 4 reports are worthless, they just give you bad karma, and the afk one just goes into a black hole, the next new thing to do to some one you are angry at is to chat ban them. Absolutely brilliant. and if anyone contests it your auto system finds anything they might have said at any point, up to and including, "that lemming train was a stupid idea"

Are you angry at other players just chat ban report them and you'll get what you want because it's the greatest idea ever put into something online.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2
  • Angry 1

[USMC2]
[USMC2]
Members
47 posts
8,964 battles

make a system, some one will find a way around it. Just sharing what I see so more than a handful can do it.

[NBGC]
Members
3,043 posts
10,248 battles
3 minutes ago, Tyranthrax said:

make a system, some one will find a way around it. Just sharing what I see so more than a handful can do it.

I'm agreeing with the point you're making, m8 (btw, quite the appropriate avatar). You're absolutely right in that any such systems that enable its end users to implement policy enforcement, will inevitably descend into tyranny and rampant abuse. Especially when the company hosting the platform insists on partaking in moral policing.

• Cool 2

[USMC2]
[USMC2]
Members
47 posts
8,964 battles

I have screen shots I submitted from some guy spouting racists slurs and homophobic names to the whole team I told him I was gonna submit that as a report, and he dumped all his chat bans on me because I was banned before the end of the match. I submitted all this and the system found the aforementioned statement and stated "the ban was found to be justified." I don't know what' sbroken more, CV's or this report system.

[ENDVR]
Members
413 posts
5,326 battles
8 minutes ago, Tyranthrax said:

I have screen shots I submitted from some guy spouting racists slurs and homophobic names to the whole team I told him I was gonna submit that as a report, and he dumped all his chat bans on me because I was banned before the end of the match. I submitted all this and the system found the aforementioned statement and stated "the ban was found to be justified." I don't know what' sbroken more, CV's or this report system.

Why even interact? Screenshot, ignore, report. Three steps.

• Cool 2

[USMC2]
[USMC2]
Members
47 posts
8,964 battles
1 minute ago, SmokeHenge said:

Why even interact? Screenshot, ignore, report. Three steps.

Why drop a comment that has no purpose? Same reason, because I can. Still doesn't justify the abuse of the system, this isin't the first time, nor will it be the last, I'm sure of that.

[XBRTC]
Members
1,417 posts
7,434 battles

Pretty sure that multiple reports from the same person (or even from the same division) about the same person still only count as one...

(now I'm tempted to try and sync drop with a clan mate, not in a division, and try it.)

• Cool 1

[NMKJT]
Members
2,729 posts
4 minutes ago, LT_Rusty_SWO said:

Pretty sure that multiple reports from the same person (or even from the same division) about the same person still only count as one...

(now I'm tempted to try and sync drop with a clan mate, not in a division, and try it.)

Yup, the devs have said that, only 1 report counts

[SBD]
[SBD]
Members
261 posts
3,474 battles
34 minutes ago, Tyranthrax said:

Angry at another player? Tired of your reports doing nothing? Heere's the trick, just drop all your chat reports on one person. It doesn't matter if you didn't do anything, it doesn't matter. plays poorly, and unsportsmanlike conduct are useless, they do absolutely nothing. But if you really want to get at them Dump every chat report you can. It doesn't matter if they really did anything, the system will find something 2-3 months ago up to when they started. Abuse of the reporting system? HA like wargaming cares. Just a tip to really get at those bads.

Wargaming, I love the work around on the reports, Since two of the 4 reports are worthless, they just give you bad karma, and the afk one just goes into a black hole, the next new thing to do to some one you are angry at is to chat ban them. Absolutely brilliant. and if anyone contests it your auto system finds anything they might have said at any point, up to and including, "that lemming train was a stupid idea"

Are you angry at other players just chat ban report them and you'll get what you want because it's the greatest idea ever put into something online.

Only the first report is counted, so if you were chat banned it's because you have been reported multiple times by many different players, not just one in one game.

From the tone of your post I'm guessing that you earned any chat banned you have received.

• Funny 1

[MEIST]
Members
871 posts
3,059 battles
14 minutes ago, LT_Rusty_SWO said:

You are right. I think the OP tends to be the abusive one in chat and receives multiple reports from multiple people in the game and is why he is chat banned and venting on the forum now about it.

• Funny 1

[ENDVR]
Members
413 posts
5,326 battles
18 minutes ago, Tyranthrax said:

Why drop a comment that has no purpose? Same reason, because I can. Still doesn't justify the abuse of the system, this isin't the first time, nor will it be the last, I'm sure of that.

6 minutes ago, DarkStormy said:

Only the first report is counted, so if you were chat banned it's because you have been reported multiple times by many different players, not just one in one game.

From the tone of your post I'm guessing that you earned any chat banned you have received.

^^ don’t want reviewed and chat banned, pick your battles; or better yet, don’t have a history that leans that way.

Three steps, not my fault if you can’t see the purpose of my advice.

[MEIST]
Members
871 posts
3,059 battles
8 minutes ago, DarkStormy said:

:cap_like:

[HINON]
Members
9,029 posts

I can't imagine how you were ever chat banned based on your quality posts here and the fact you are breaking the forum rules. :cap_popcorn:

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,629 posts
9,027 battles
1 minute ago, RipNuN2 said:

I can't imagine how you were ever chat banned based on your quality posts here and the fact you are breaking the forum rules. :cap_popcorn:

I think he was chat banned which can't happen in only a single match. Oh, and in before the lock.

Star_Trek_-_In_Before_the_Lock.gif

[HEROS]
Members
1,428 posts
12,019 battles

My understanding is that work around doesn't work... only the first report counts the rest are wasted.. and likely as not the only thing your going to cost em is Karma, and the karma system is a placebo that really does nothing.  Positive Karma balance rewards stopped being handed out months ago. 

If the Karma system were removed entirely in an upcoming patch I don't even think anyone would even notice.  Peer reporting systems in PvP games have never really worked because there will always be players and even group of players that will use such systems for petty little gotcha moves if there's a way to negetivly effect another player.  

Members
181 posts
1,591 battles

Only 1 Chat report is taken from 1 player.... But they Stack up over time...... today you might not get the Almighty Chat Ban....... Over time your abusive Chat will bite you in the behind.

KARMA.

[WOLF9]
Members
1,105 posts
44 minutes ago, Tyranthrax said:

No, it doesn't work like that. What actually happened was that the other players in the game were more irritated by you attempting to be the chat police than by the other salty sphincter, who they were just ignoring.

Edited by Doombeagle
typo

[ENDVR]
Members
413 posts
5,326 battles
7 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

I think he was chat banned which can't happen in only a single match. Oh, and in before the lock.

Star_Trek_-_In_Before_the_Lock.gif

Ooo ooo never been in one, wish I had fancy gifs!

[PVE]
Members
193 posts
5,260 battles
17 minutes ago, Doombeagle said:

No, it doesn't work like that. What actually happened was that the other players in the game were more irritated by you attempting to be the chat police than by the other salty sphincter, who they were just ignoring.

Or perhaps the " I told him I was gonna submit that as a report"  was more a long back and forth and everybody else got tired of it and reported "chat abuse" for both parties.

Members
1,610 posts
3,573 battles

Translation:  I got chat banned AGAIN because I mouthed off and got reported and I want to blame one person instead of realizing that multiple people disliked the way I behaved so reported me appropriately.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[-GPS-]
Members
2,539 posts
25,049 battles
1 hour ago, LT_Rusty_SWO said:

Multiple compliments from division mates don’t count but I’m pretty sure multiple complaints DO count. 

I'm curious, are most of you claiming that the Misbehavior in Chat report isn’t being abused?  Because if so, I guarantee you are wrong. The OP here is proof positive, not that I needed additional proof. 

Edited by Landing_Skipper

Supertester
3,004 posts
10,057 battles
3 hours ago, Tyranthrax said:

This is not the way the system works...

Sigh...

It's been said many times over, but I suppose I'll mention it here again. Only"one" report "per player/per match" is recorded in the system. It takes several people to report a person to the point that they get the proverbial "time out".

A single person "in one match" cannot do this to another player... If you think otherwise, pm a developer, moderator, admin, etc. and ask yourself.

[ENDVR]
Members
413 posts
5,326 battles
1 hour ago, Landing_Skipper said:

Multiple compliments from division mates don’t count but I’m pretty sure multiple complaints DO count. 

I'm curious, are most of you claiming that the Misbehavior in Chat report isn’t being abused?  Because if so, I guarantee you are wrong. The OP here is proof positive, not that I needed additional proof. 

I contend your definition of the word “proof.”

[CHMC]
[CHMC]
Members
234 posts
7,416 battles

The report feature isn't supposed to be used for people having a temper tantrum.

It's a game, grow up.

• Cool 1