You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
OttoVonPrien

39 cent surcharge to buy Quinea 40 pack

22 comments in this topic

[KMS]
Beta Testers
43 posts
10,127 battles

You can buy 40 Guineas one at a time at $.99 cents each for a total of $39.60 and a bunch of clicking, and possible fraud alert on your CC, or save time But not money and buy the 40 pack for $39.99.,

That's 39 cents more for the bundle! the 5 & 20 packs work the same way, just not as bad. pay an extra 4 cents for the 5 pack or an extra 19 cents for the 20 pack....Bundles are supposed to save money not cost more the larger they get.

Not the first time WG's done this, often the 5 packs are 4 cents more than 5x the single price.

Is someone at WG math challenged or unsure of the concept of discounts for quantity? or do they think the players are? …...

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[WLDD]
Beta Testers
352 posts
5,179 battles

It's likely because you can use them to obtain a premium ship directly, so they have them priced to be as close to the ship cost as possible.  Giving a discount on the bundle would mean singles or smaller bundles would have to be more expensive to adjust the price accordingly to keep it similar to the ship price.

[PVE]
Members
9,620 posts
7,466 battles
19 minutes ago, OttoVonPrien said:

You can buy 40 Guineas one at a time at $.99 cents each for a total of $39.60 and a bunch of clicking, and possible fraud alert on your CC, or save time But not money and buy the 40 pack for $39.99.,

That's 39 cents more for the bundle! the 5 & 20 packs work the same way, just not as bad. pay an extra 4 cents for the 5 pack or an extra 19 cents for the 20 pack....Bundles are supposed to save money not cost more the larger they get.

Not the first time WG's done this, often the 5 packs are 4 cents more than 5x the single price.

Is someone at WG math challenged or unsure of the concept of discounts for quantity? or do they think the players are? …...

Shipping and Handling is larger due to the greater amount of goods. :Smile_glasses:

• Funny 2

[SIDE]
Members
1,250 posts
8,868 battles

Who cares, it's 39 cents! You can't even buy a soft drink for that at your nearest stop-n-rob convenience store.

• Funny 2

[BOGG]
[BOGG]
Members
23 posts
4,018 battles

So, you save yourself 39 cents by clicking Buy 40 times...That's 1 cent per click, ( not counting all the other clicking ya gotta do) plus the possible CC alert.  39 cents to save time and a headache seems like a bargain.

[SIMP]
Members
832 posts
8,431 battles
1 hour ago, OttoVonPrien said:

I noticed that immediately, it was funny to watch the maths failure of WeeGee

[PVE]
Members
9,620 posts
7,466 battles

Um, saving time as opposed to money usually costs money no matter the company. The second poster hit the nail on the head as to the probable reason for this. 

If you want Cossack now, buy a bundle as you get 25  +200% XP missions as well. The 40 pack of Guineas is almost certainly aiming at those that don't do the grind, for whatever reason and didn't take advantage of the bundles IMO.

[SBD]
[SBD]
Members
258 posts
3,467 battles

My wife made some of that "Quinea" one night for dinner, yuck! it was like eating boiled birdseed.:Smile_sceptic:

[PVE]
Members
9,620 posts
7,466 battles
2 minutes ago, DarkStormy said:

My wife made some of that "Quinea" one night for dinner, yuck! it was like eating boiled birdseed.:Smile_sceptic:

:Smile_honoring: Agree 100%

Beta Testers
1,836 posts
10,762 battles

TBH. If you are so hung up on the 39 cents, maybe you shouldn't buy any. I know what it's like when money is tight. Don't spend on something you don't need.

And here's the big fat /s

Members
18,219 posts
5,202 battles
1 hour ago, ImaKillYou said:

So, you save yourself 39 cents by clicking Buy 40 times...That's 1 cent per click, ( not counting all the other clicking ya gotta do) plus the possible CC alert.  39 cents to save time and a headache seems like a bargain.

You watch though, somebody who regularly complains about their time being valuable will complain about spending 39 cents to skip all the clicking....

Members
1,070 posts
5,972 battles
1 hour ago, _Rumple_ said:

Who cares, it's 39 cents! You can't even buy a soft drink for that at your nearest stop-n-rob convenience store.

Let me tell you a story....about 29 cents

In 1992, I was preparing to do my Connecticut state income tax for the 1991 year. I had completed my forms, and was checking my math, and I saw a mistake that, if corrected, would be 29 cents in my favor. I had just filed out the last copy of my forms in ink (no interactive PDF or webfill in those days, and if you used up the forms they mailed you, you had to go to a post office to get more), and to get more copies of the forms, I would have to drive downtown to the New London, CT post office on a Sunday afternoon (in March, and DERN cold) and grab the forms. At the time, 29 cents was what a postage stamp cost.

A lot of bother to go to for 29 cents. Burn up that much in the gas.

Then, I got to thinking about WHY I was doing my Connecticut state income tax.....You see, prior to 1991, there WAS no state income tax in CT. And during the election campaigning for governor in 1990, one side was saying "we need a state income tax to balance the state budget!!!' and the other side, led by That Pig Lowell W... (yes, 27 years hence, and I still call him "That Pig Lowell W...") ran saying he was against a state income tax. Said that up through Election Day. He won. And he was no rookie; he had been U.S. Senator from Connecticut BEFORE being governor. On Inauguration Day 1991 (ON INAUGURATION DAY!) he says "a state income tax is the ONLY way to fix our budget problems." And the state legislature of his own party resisted him and resisted him. He kept calling them back into session, until slowly, over time, they broke down. And Connecticut HAD its income tax.

And the more I "reminisced" about it, the madder I got about it. Finally, I came to the conclusion:

"D-A-M-N RIGHT I WANT MY 29 CENTS!!!!!!!"

And I went down to the post office, and I got those stinking forms. The was no way I was gonna let That Pig Lowell W... have it with out a fight.

And in the end, I got my 29 cents.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[XBRTC]
Members
1,414 posts
7,427 battles

Quinoa should be illegal.

All the people who blather on about fair trade and eat it because it's fashionable and healthy are disregarding the second-order effects on the indigenous people who grow it and are now becoming rich. They're eating junk food instead of birdseed, because they can now afford it, and are starting to get the same health issues that the developed world has, plus, since not everyone grows it, not everyone is getting paid a first-world rate to grow it, so those people are getting rich while the others in the communities aren't, so now not only is there a massive wealth disparity but the non-farmers can't even afford to outbid the foreign markets for their own normal staple food crop!

It's a messed up situation, and hipsters with their fashionable birdseed fetish are only making it worse.

[PVE]
Members
9,620 posts
7,466 battles
5 minutes ago, LT_Rusty_SWO said:

Quinoa should be illegal.

All the people who blather on about fair trade and eat it because it's fashionable and healthy are disregarding the second-order effects on the indigenous people who grow it and are now becoming rich. They're eating junk food instead of birdseed, because they can now afford it, and are starting to get the same health issues that the developed world has, plus, since not everyone grows it, not everyone is getting paid a first-world rate to grow it, so those people are getting rich while the others in the communities aren't, so now not only is there a massive wealth disparity but the non-farmers can't even afford to outbid the foreign markets for their own normal staple food crop!

It's a messed up situation, and hipsters with their fashionable birdseed fetish are only making it worse.

It will go out of fashion when some other 'not trendy now, but I'm better than you because I eat it and it is better for you' food hits the doctor and food shows and the Quinoa bubble will be over. And probably cause more grief.

1 minute ago, SavageTactical said:

Some people have to much time on their hands...

I keep trying to hold onto time, but it keeps on slipping, slipping, slipping into the future.

• Cool 1

[NMKJT]
Members
2,728 posts
3 hours ago, OttoVonPrien said:

I worked in IT at a retail giant for years. Blame the customer. They will sell more at 39.99 than 39.60

[SIDE]
Members
1,250 posts
8,868 battles
1 hour ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

Let me tell you a story....about 29 cents

In 1992, I was preparing to do my Connecticut state income tax for the 1991 year. I had completed my forms, and was checking my math, and I saw a mistake that, if corrected, would be 29 cents in my favor. I had just filed out the last copy of my forms in ink (no interactive PDF or webfill in those days, and if you used up the forms they mailed you, you had to go to a post office to get more), and to get more copies of the forms, I would have to drive downtown to the New London, CT post office on a Sunday afternoon (in March, and DERN cold) and grab the forms. At the time, 29 cents was what a postage stamp cost.

A lot of bother to go to for 29 cents. Burn up that much in the gas.

Then, I got to thinking about WHY I was doing my Connecticut state income tax.....You see, prior to 1991, there WAS no state income tax in CT. And during the election campaigning for governor in 1990, one side was saying "we need a state income tax to balance the state budget!!!' and the other side, led by That Pig Lowell W... (yes, 27 years hence, and I still call him "That Pig Lowell W...") ran saying he was against a state income tax. Said that up through Election Day. He won. And he was no rookie; he had been U.S. Senator from Connecticut BEFORE being governor. On Inauguration Day 1991 (ON INAUGURATION DAY!) he says "a state income tax is the ONLY way to fix our budget problems." And the state legislature of his own party resisted him and resisted him. He kept calling them back into session, until slowly, over time, they broke down. And Connecticut HAD its income tax.

And the more I "reminisced" about it, the madder I got about it. Finally, I came to the conclusion:

"D-A-M-N RIGHT I WANT MY 29 CENTS!!!!!!!"

And I went down to the post office, and I got those stinking forms. The was no way I was gonna let That Pig Lowell W... have it with out a fight.

And in the end, I got my 29 cents.

Well, after typing all that out, you deserve it for back then and now. Add it all up and you're near a buck, add a dime or so and you can indeed afford that soft drink. Maybe even a large.

All kidding aside, nice story, I might have done the same. Well, no, who am I kidding, much too lazy...

Members
1,070 posts
5,972 battles
8 minutes ago, _Rumple_ said:

Well, after typing all that out, you deserve it for back then and now...

My bile and adrenaline get to going every time I think about that, so it flew from the keyboard a lot faster than folks might think. That stinkin' pig...

[KMS]
Beta Testers
43 posts
10,127 battles

JUST saw my title Typo , LOL, that's some sort of Mex food, is it not? The Aztecs grew and ate it I believe. 

the guy who pointed out prices ending in 99 sells more nailed part of it. But why charge more for buying more? Lame or concept- math challenged at WG

WG should do a test 1 for .99 , 15 for $19.99,  30 for $49.95 and see how easy people are taken in.

like those partner sellers at amazon and other places that post an item at twice the price of the other sellers hoping to catch a fish.

[WOLF2]
Members
1,332 posts
13,063 battles
On ‎9‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 8:28 AM, DarkStormy said:

She's either trying to help you live longer or taking away your motivation to live … 

You decide :)

Edited by Commander_367
  • Funny 1

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,423 posts
3,367 battles

Well think of it this way. Which do you value more: All that time spent clicking, or 39 cents?

[XBRTC]
Members
1,414 posts
7,427 battles
1 hour ago, Commander_367 said:

She's either trying to help you live longer or taking away your motivation to live … 

You decide :)

You know the old joke about why men die before their wives, right?

• Cool 1