You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ObiphanKenobi

Speculation of the price for the 2 free ships

12 comments in this topic

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,806 posts
9,852 battles

Alaska and Jean Bart

So far Alaska is freeXP, any speculation for the Jean Bart? Coal ???

regards

[HINON]
Supertester
19,224 posts
12,756 battles

The best guess we can make - and this is by no means guaranteed - is by looking at similar releases. So far, all T9 premium ships have been either a CW reward (Black) or FXP (Missouri, Musashi, Kronshtadt), with Musashi also being available for coal.

So my guess is that Alaska and Jean Bart will be FXP ships, with coal a second option and CW reward / steel a third option. Precedence suggests as FXP ships they'd cost 750k and as coal ships something in the neighborhood of 175k coal.

However, I don't know if WG would release two FXP ships at the same time / near enough each other to cause buyer conflict, which is a strike against both of them being FXP ships.

In short, we simply don't know.

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,423 posts
3,367 battles

The question I have concerning Jean Bart and Bourgogne is do we even know if they are planning to release them? The two ship came into being about the same time as Brennus, and remember that that was just a testbed for giving French cruisers MBRB. Now I'm more inclined to say that Jean Bart will be released in the future, probably as a FXP or coal ship (and Alaska as whichever option they DON'T use for Jean Bart if they're released close enough), but Bourgogne? What would she be, another Salem? And a tier 10 with 15" guns? These all seem like odd choices to me. Not so odd that I can't see them doing it mind you, but not exactly run-of-the-mill either. Something about the whole Jean Bart/Bourgogne/Alaska trifecta feels off to me, and I don't know what it is.

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,806 posts
9,852 battles

Thanks @Lert, and @Landsraad

But i speculated that the Jean Bart will be freeXP, the Alaska will be FreeXP/Coal, since the late buff and snowflake on the Alaska

But the Bourgorgne, have to hold back on this one .......

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
918 posts
2,119 battles

Hoping for a non-reward ship for all of them

[-B-Z-]
Alpha Tester
715 posts
2,678 battles

I think given the significant amount of players looking forward to Alaska and saving FXP for it that if WG doesn't release it for FXP,  there is going to be a major disturbance in the force, as if a multitude of WoWS players screamed out and raged all at the same time. :)

Have a great day all!

[FOXEH]
Members
3,359 posts
12,148 battles

I don't really need either of them. I am not a fan of high tier play but that Alaska looks so sexy she must become at least a port ornament even if I never play her. 

I suck with Dunkerque (most BB actually) so I expect to suck with Jean Bart. Not looking her way.

I would prefer a free xp Alaska and let Bart sit in the goal chute.

[TARFU]
[TARFU]
Members
913 posts
5,939 battles

Just listening to the Warships podcast with Kelorn... Apparently the Alaska's AP sucks at close ranges against BBs. Hmm...

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,124 posts
7,655 battles

My best guesses:

• Bourgogne will be the new Clan Wars reward ship to supplement Stalingrad.  She will be available for in excess of 20,000 to 25,000 Steel.
  • Alaska will be made available for Free Experience and/or Coal.  They need her to be accessible or riots will happen.
  • Jean Bart will likely be available for Free Experience and/or Coal.  There's an outside chance she may be made the new Ranked Battle incentive for around 15,000 Steel.
  • Cool 1

Members
1,102 posts
6,215 battles
30 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

My best guesses:

• Alaska will be made available for Free Experience and/or Coal.  They need her to be accessible or riots will happen.

Yeah, somebody might loot their hard drive and burn down their monitor. :cap_rambo:

[REVY]
Members
6,104 posts
5,104 battles
5 hours ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

My best guesses:

• Bourgogne will be the new Clan Wars reward ship to supplement Stalingrad.  She will be available for in excess of 20,000 to 25,000 Steel.
  • Jean Bart will likely be available for Free Experience and/or Coal.  There's an outside chance she may be made the new Ranked Battle incentive for around 15,000 Steel.

Since I've not been paying that much attention to the changes with WoWs, and not being able to access the Arsenal for some time because of a bug, I'm somewhat at a loss for what coal is suppose to do?  Is it meant to replace FXP as a currency?

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,124 posts
7,655 battles
2 hours ago, Sventex said:

Since I've not been paying that much attention to the changes with WoWs, and not being able to access the Arsenal for some time because of a bug, I'm somewhat at a loss for what coal is suppose to do?  Is it meant to replace FXP as a currency?

Not replace but run concurrently to it.  Free Experience gains can be accelerated by spending cash or using camouflages and signals to boost gains.  Coal is earned through crates and accomplishing missions and cannot be purchased for money.  So coal forces you to commit to the game for X number of weeks/months in order to unlock something.  Free experience kind of does the same, but you can buy your way around it.

• Cool 1