You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Aeries1

Tech Tree Reviews

Low Tier Reviews Starting Point  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Which class and nation should I do first?

• US DDs
    • Japanese DDs
    • German DDs
    • Pan Asian DDs
    • Russian DDs
    • US Cruisers
    • Japanese Cruisers
    • German Cruisers
    • Russian Cruisers
    • French Cruisers
    • British Cruisers
    • US BBs
    • Japanese BBs
    • German BBs
    • French BBs
    • British BBs

8 comments in this topic

Members
605 posts
7,221 battles

Been kicking around an idea in my head for a while now and that is to do some write-ups for tech tree ships. 

My goal is to revisit the lines starting with the lower tier ships and do a technical write-up highlighting their strengths, weaknesses, recommended builds etc. in order to help some of our newer players get better acquainted with the ships they will start with and decrease the learning curve a bit for them.

Used to enjoy answering questions in the specific ship line sections, but that seems to not be utilized quite as much as it used to back when I got started.

I know asking specific ship questions and getting help from beta testers then helped me improve my game much more quickly, maybe I can do so for others.

Would break down each ship review starting with Low Tiers 2-4, Mid Tiers 5-7, and eventually finish up with high tier 8-10 playing roughly 25 games per ship to get reacquainted and shoot for a review a week.

Would skip T1 simply due to lack of separate ammo's and other than maybe pre-nerf Black Swan, I really don't think anyone spends much time there.

After each tech tree section was complete, say USN Cruisers 2-4, would put up a poll for class and nation to start my next batch.

We'll see how it goes, if anything, pick my starting point for me and vote in the poll.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.

Edited by Aeries1
  • Cool 2

[FAILD]
Members
427 posts
1,608 battles

Since it seems the largest share of players I've looked up have the most games in seems to be USN. I would say USN cruisers since it will be the first ship type players are introduced to. 

I wish you luck and I hope your successful. If you can save some player a couple hundred battles of learning the hard way it will be worth it.

[WOLF3]
Members
6,454 posts
2,405 battles

I'd say start with the USN cruisers since that's where most of the NA players will go first.

1. USN cruisers 2-4
  2. IJN cruisers 2-4
  3. KM cruisers 2-4
  4. USN DDs
  5. IJN DDs
  6. USN BBs
  7. IJN BBs
  8. etc..

We've needed an independent tech tree review.  I look forward to it.

Edited by iDuckman

[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,250 posts
1,836 battles

IJN BBs.  A solid line that won't teach bad habits.

Members
362 posts
5,163 battles
2 hours ago, Helstrem said:

IJN BBs.  A solid line that won't teach bad habits.

What could go wrong with a line that ends with "Nose in and click for free damage"?

Members
2,918 posts
1,365 battles
15 minutes ago, The_Painted_Target said:

What could go wrong with a line that ends with "Nose in and click for free damage"?

Idk, thats basically this game.  Yamatomato just ends with a ship that uses every skill youve learned up to that point.

Members
605 posts
7,221 battles

Just want to thank those that took the time to vote.  US cruisers is definitely a logical starting point, in fact where I started as well.

Will be revisiting some ships I haven't touched in 3 years so should be interesting.

Hopefully can get my framework polished up and get on starting with the Chester to hopefully be completed by next weekend.

Happy hunting.

Cheers.

[WOLF3]
Members
6,454 posts
2,405 battles

Chester: Ugliest ship in the navy.  Pretty tough at T2, though, if you don't give infinite broadside.