You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Herr_Reitz

Royal Navy ARC DD mission drop rate

41 comments in this topic

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts

Since the start of the little RN ARC contest, I have received one (1, ONE, UNO) personal DD mission. 

I'm not sure why WoWS/WG would code it that way... one would "think" the thing would be to get a lot of players playing the ships so that, on the day they are taken back, people will grind their little hearts out to get 'em back. 

AFAIK or think I knew... when the tech tree kicks in, the special mission ships go away - is this correct? 

If it isn't then of course it would make complete sense to only issue one every 50 or hundred missions, right?

I've received just the T5 splatsplat boat... what all have you guys received? tiafyc

[WPP]
Members
527 posts
5,521 battles

I got 1 as well.  And that’s enough to do a couple missions, but if you think it’s coded wrong then then you forgot this is a company looking to generate income.  You know who gets those missions??  People who spend money.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts
Just now, galspanic said:

I got 1 as well.  And that’s enough to do a couple missions, but if you think it’s coded wrong then then you forgot this is a company looking to generate income.  You know who gets those missions??  People who spend money.

Well I considered it... but IF you have to give em back, why would you spend money to get them? Or - do you get to keep them but they return to just a standard ship? 

Yes, RIF. 

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,837 posts
9,956 battles

Normal you will keep the ship, it similar to the Brit/France BB thingy

Oh since we on the topic,

I got 0%, so considered that you way better RNGodness then some of us, "me".

[ACES_]
Beta Testers
275 posts
3,719 battles

pretty sure we get to keep them and i got t5 gud bot in first 4 containers then t6 dd mission this morning after 25 containers. I do spend money about 24$/year there abouts. It is just rng gods like good teams in randoms

[CVRME]
[CVRME]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,300 posts
5,080 battles

Same exact luck.  I've opened every free container possible right now, only received the T5.  Every time they have a loot box event thing like this come up, its been consistently less and less generous.  Of course, that's not to say it is given my sample size but it does make one wonder.

Well, if they keep this up I don't know how many people here follow gaming news, but the days of game companies doing loot boxes may be coming to a swift end in the near future.  *Maniacal laughter*

[WPP]
Members
527 posts
5,521 battles
36 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Well I considered it... but IF you have to give em back, why would you spend money to get them? Or - do you get to keep them but they return to just a standard ship? 

Yes, RIF. 

You keep them.  They just become normal ships.

[PVE]
Members
9,975 posts
7,492 battles
55 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Since the start of the little RN ARC contest, I have received one (1, ONE, UNO) personal DD mission. 

I'm not sure why WoWS/WG would code it that way... one would "think" the thing would be to get a lot of players playing the ships so that, on the day they are taken back, people will grind their little hearts out to get 'em back. 

AFAIK or think I knew... when the tech tree kicks in, the special mission ships go away - is this correct? 

If it isn't then of course it would make complete sense to only issue one every 50 or hundred missions, right?

I've received just the T5 splatsplat boat... what all have you guys received? tiafyc

47 minutes ago, galspanic said:

8 minutes ago, galspanic said:

You keep them.  They just become normal ships.

This^^

If you get an early access mission, the UK DD is yours to keep. Grind XP, because as soon as the full line drops, you can research the next DD if you have enough XP.

It also comes fully researched and purchased, so you can pick the top modules as soon as you unlock it.

[RKLES]
Members
7,243 posts
9,040 battles

I have opened every possible freely earned RN container and gotten 0 DD missions so far. And not using event tokens to buy crates in the shop, saving those for other things.

[O_O]
Members
4,439 posts
9,620 battles

I did buy 5 RN Premium Crates for $15...but didn't get any missions out of them.  However, I did get the Acasta mission from a free crate (before I paid for 5, for you tin-hatters :Smile-_tongue:) and finished it, and this morning I got the T6 mission from a free crate.  I am hoping for more, of course, but 2/4 sure isn't bad.

Edited by desmo_2

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,240 posts
14,670 battles

I haven't dropped money for those crates, just been relying on the free RN containers from the event.  I have not gotten anything useful until today.  With 2 of the crates I got the missions for Icarus and Acasta, back to back.

[XBRTC]
Members
1,424 posts
7,485 battles

Every single possible free crate: nothing.

Every sovereign plowed back into buying crates in the arsenal: nothing.

Buy two five-packs of crates in the premium shop: ding! Tier 5.

Jokes on me, though: Acasta sucks.

[WOLF9]
Members
3,256 posts

Well I got the T5 mission out of my first 5-pack.  Since then it was nuthin', until yesterday, when I pulled 2 more out of event containers. 

Oddly enough,  I'm not especially interested in them right now- so of course I got them when the guys who really wanted them didn't...

Perhaps I should give them a go- the T5 PA DD is a british designed bote, and I loved it.  (FAR more than I do the Gnevny clone at tier 6...)  That lil sucker could simply trash things!   But, I'm currently already working on 2/3 other DD lines...  German, Russian and Pan Asian for sure, US maybe. (the EFF DD's!!!! bots at tier 8 really soured me on Benson.  LOVE the ship, hate playing it...)

[NEMO]
[NEMO]
Members
757 posts
6,996 battles

I got the tier 5 DD mission in a group of 5 boxes I bought last weekend. I just cashed in all my sovereigns for 12 crates and on the second last one got the mission for the tier 6 Icarus.

Meh.

Edited by Thraxian

[FML]
Members
1,785 posts
10,166 battles

I got the T5 DD with the very first free container, and nothing since. Got all possible free containers (other than those requiring a T7+ UK DD). 

The Acasta was awful, so not sure if I really want the others...

[DENY]
Members
354 posts
4,796 battles
6 hours ago, UltimateNewbie said:

I got the T5 DD with the very first free container, and nothing since. Got all possible free containers (other than those requiring a T7+ UK DD). 

The Acasta was awful, so not sure if I really want the others...

The lighting is a blast to play , I just can't wait for Daring

[ARGSY]
Members
6,471 posts
4,321 battles
11 hours ago, galspanic said:

I got two (T5,6), and although I have bought premium ships etc., I did not buy premium RN boxes.

I did, however, win the French T5 and T6 battleships as free unlocks back in February, before I ever spent a dime on this game.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[4HIM]
Members
1,819 posts
4,176 battles

Just recently got the Icarus mission.  Haven't unlocked it yet.  Not in a hurry given I already had the Gallant.  So another T6 RN DD is kind of like 'meh'.  Had I gotten the T7 Jervis or even the Lightning it would have been a higher priority.  But with several of the missions requiring a T7 or higher RN DD, the additional T6 gains me little.  But at T6 I can use it in Ops.  May try it in a few over the weekend if I have time. 

Edited by ZARDOZ_II

[WOLF9]
Members
267 posts
3,911 battles

Bought a few crates, cashed all the freebies; wound up with all 4 DDs, 2 from bought crates and 2 from freebies.  Total RNG, and I can appreciate why many people are frustrated.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts

Well then... that clears up for me why we aren't getting them very often... you get to keep them as a standard ship. I actually got my mission from the first crates i bought using the in-game, newest flavor of coinage. Nothing else since. 

As you say, grind - you can at least be ahead of the game that way. 

Thanks for sharing, folks. 

@Uncle_Lou I think people will suggest you get busy buying lottery tickets! Congrats!!!

Edited by Herr_Reitz
revision
  • Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Members
267 posts
3,911 battles
2 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

@Uncle_Lou I think people will suggest you get busy buying lottery tickets! Congrats!!!

Maybe lol!  Though to be honest the only one I have enjoyed is the Lightning.  Took the Jervis out a couple games and was totally underwhelmed.  Have not even tried Acasta and Icarus, though with their temporary "premium" status WRT captain placement I may move Capt Dunkirk around to try the t5/6 boats.  Lightning is fun, and is a quite capable little bote. 

Good luck to you and everyone else still hoping for a RN DD mission!

[INTEL]
Members
8,604 posts
25,782 battles

I got two, Acasta and Icarus, both of which are pretty meh. Not really excited about this DD line.