Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
bubbleboy264

WGC

4 comments in this topic

[WOLF4]
Members
403 posts
5,420 battles

Is there a version for Mac? How do you download it, cause as far as I know they aren’t gonna support the old Mac launcher anymore soon. I’m worried that I can’t play the game anymore if there isn’t a WGC for Mac, and as far as I know there isn’t a version for Mac now. 

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,895 posts
1,338 battles

The Mac version for WoWS is a horrible port.  I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

I won't blame your Mac, like some will.  There are some companies that make great Mac versions.  Anything Blizzard.  ESO has a good Mac version. Several others.

WG and WT titles are not on the 'good port' list for Mac.  

If you have an alternative, like another computer, or can run Bootcamp on another drive or partition, that's your best bet.

[WOLF6]
Members
196 posts
2,219 battles
2 hours ago, mavfin87 said:

The Mac version for WoWS is a horrible port.  I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

There is no 'Mac version' or 'port'.  WoWs on a mac is the windows version being run in a fork of WINE by Codeweavers called Crossover.

2 hours ago, mavfin87 said:

If you have an alternative, like another computer, or can run Bootcamp on another drive or partition, that's your best bet.

@bubbleboy264, Bootcamp is probably the way to go.

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,895 posts
1,338 battles
49 minutes ago, ZoomieG said:

There is no 'Mac version' or 'port'.  WoWs on a mac is the windows version being run in a fork of WINE by Codeweavers called Crossover.

Yeah, that is accurate, but, it's still pretty damned crappy.  I've seen some pretty good crossover and wineskin games running on Mac.  WoWS is not one of the good ones.

Sign in to follow this