You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Cruxdei

tier5 ranked and the ships

what ship are you gonna use?(multiple answers if you want)  

116 members have voted

1. 1. BB

• Oct Revolution(the patrician choice)
    • giulio cesare(the plebeian choice)
    • Texas(the typical ship for devil dogs)
    • any other irrelevant ship(the unwashed ships like bongo,british flamethrowers,french shotguns and german's baby first BB line)
  2. 2. Cruiser

• Emerald
    • murmansk(superior marblehead)
    • emile bertin
    • fury taco
    • any other ship that i can't remember
  3. 3. DD

• kamikaze and sisters
    • okhotnik
    • british DDs(??)
    • anything else
    • that gremlin thing
  4. 4. CV

• Bogue
    • Bogue

55 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
2,985 posts
4,399 battles

it's coming ladies and gentleman,the tier5 ranked everyone talke about is here,aimed for new players,anyone can play it,so ready your clubs and get ready for the biggest mid tier duel since the tier7 ranked. what ship you gonna use and why?

Edited by Cruxdei

Beta Testers
2,985 posts
4,399 battles
Just now, RipNuN2 said:

To gremy or not to gremy . . .

ah yes i forgot about this fella,he is "rare" nowadays,to me at least.

[FAE]
Members
2,161 posts
2,639 battles

Why is Zuiho not an answer? (other than being funny?)

[PT8TO]
[PT8TO]
Members
160 posts
12,517 battles

Honestly, I rather do T7 than T5. Ship choices are extremely limited at tier 5 and basically excludes CVs from the match.

Sure, there are super unicum Saipan and Kaga, but the chances of running into one are extremely slim.

As for Payfast, her smokescreen is a torpedo magnet and she has no heals or torpedoes to dissuade a charging BB. With the smokescreen nerf and counters like the Indianapolis, Belfast isn't as OP as you think.

Meanwhile, there is no counter against the kami sisters unless you own a gremy or another kamikaze. Tier 5 cruisers just do not possess the tools to counter those DDs effectively.

Beta Testers
2,985 posts
4,399 battles
1 minute ago, BlailBlerg said:

Why is Zuiho not an answer? (other than being funny?)

the lack of strafing at tier5 made zuiho a not so good ship to play agaisnt bogue,bogue with more fighters i nthe air,can just win by atrition.unless the CV player is super dumb to lose the fighters on AA ships.

Beta Testers
2,985 posts
4,399 battles
Just now, AbyssAngkor said:

Meanwhile, there is no counter against the kami sisters unless you own a gremy or another kamikaze. Tier 5 cruisers just do not possess the tools to counter those DDs effectively.

i'm a firm believer that okhotnik is a good counter to kami,she outspot him by some meters,not kilometers,some situations might allow him to exploit that.mid tiers have more CVs involved than tier7,so using the planes to spot her is not a bad idea too. ranked 5 looks fun to me,we will see what kind of thread will pop up crying about it.

• Funny 1

[FAE]
Members
2,161 posts
2,639 battles
3 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

the lack of strafing at tier5 made zuiho a not so good ship to play agaisnt bogue,bogue with more fighters i nthe air,can just win by atrition.unless the CV player is super dumb to lose the fighters on AA ships.

Is this really true? I've not heard that this issue makes Zuiho not even a considerable choice. One also assumes that its probably easier to get torpedoes off via zuiho. 

---

also, I know its in reading form somewhere, but can someone fill me in on what the main details about this T5 ranked will be? Just like normal ranked except time duration is shorter, and only ranks 1-10? and only t5? 

When will it be? 

[CUTE]
Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles

Well I own all of these premium beasts, should be a super fun time. Gremlin will probably be my go to, with some Kami R matches required along the way as well. I suspect we will be at peak Gulio, however...

[HYDRO]
Members
1,574 posts
3,751 battles

Aside from the classic answers, I am really curious what we will see cruiser wise.

Konigsberg should be a pretty good choice due to the baked in IFHE, and Kirov could be interesting on a long range support role. He can overmatch the bows of any cruisers anyway and the 180mm's pack a good punch.

4 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

i'm a firm believer that okhotnik is a good counter to kami,she outspot him by some meters,not kilometers,some situations might allow him to exploit that.mid tiers have more CVs involved than tier7,so using the planes to spot her is not a bad idea too. ranked 5 looks fun to me,we will see what kind of thread will pop up crying about it.

I have faced quite a few times Kamis in my Okhotnik, sadly he is not that well suited. You are clumsy and have to show alot of broadside to maximize your firepower. In the meantime, a Kami can use her superior speed, stealth and torpedo reload to wreck you.

Where Okhotnik will shine is in caps, biting peoples faces off with 4k alpha.

Edited by warheart1992
  • Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Members
1,104 posts

My Kamikaze captain has already begun preparing himself for battle. He has donned the ritual uniform of suspender socks, purple velvet battle thong, white gloves and cap with chin strap securely fastened. The incense has been lit in the ancestral shrine to Slim Whitman, and an attorney has been offered up in sacrifice.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[WOLF7]
Members
126 posts
3,240 battles

For cruisers the best options are Kirov  for long range support, and the french one . About DD, and CV anyone Will be good. 

Members
1,330 posts
501 battles

Kamikaze......KOnigsberg......Fuji.....Kirov.....Mini...

I just WISH I had the Ceasar in my "REAL" port

Edited by neptunes_wrath

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
186 posts
5,131 battles

I have played both CVs extensively, and I believe the better choice will depend on the prominence of DDs. Bogue is overall better, but utterly can't kill a competent DD. Zuiho, even with auto drop circles, can time a cross drop that only the most incredibly skilled DD drivers can avoid. 

Members
1,458 posts
12,328 battles

Little worried that will devolve  into “battle of the premiums”.  Some of the best for their tier premiums are at tier 5.  I have all the tier 5 premiums and other then CVs and maybe cruisers,  best BBs and DDs all premiums 

• Cool 1

[BNKR]
Members
415 posts
2,485 battles

Might have to buy back the Kirov -- enjoyed it quite a bit -- and will give the Konigsberg a shot. Murmy for sure, as the spotter plane and my IFHE captain will be good at range.

Ohotnik will be tough to play against the Kamis, as the torps are YOLO only and she's so clumsy. Someone will really need to be a master of it for it to work, I think. (So, yeah -- not me. :Smile_teethhappy: )

Giulio will clearly get some love, even if I suck in it. She's just soooooo sublime.

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
186 posts
5,131 battles
3 minutes ago, Panzer1113 said:

Little worried that will devolve  into “battle of the premiums”.  Some of the best for their tier premiums are at tier 5.  I have all the tier 5 premiums and other then CVs and maybe cruisers,  best BBs and DDs all premiums 

Kongo, Iron Duke, Nicholas, and the German DD all come to mind.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,094 posts
14,503 battles

Tier V is home to a number of broken ships.  Still, Tier V has generally been about 3 things:  Battleships, Destroyers, Carriers.

BBs:  I expect Caesar to dominate for Battleships.  This is going to be scary because not only is Caesar absolutely broken, but in Ranked, there will be no stronger Tier VI-VII ships to keep her in check.  The next scary thing is lots of people have her.  Worthy mention is Texas, solely because of her AA.  On a curious note will be to see how Post-Nerf Iron Duke holds up in Ranked.  She got nerfed a while back, will see how it goes.

Cruisers:  I voted "Any other ship" because Tier V Cruisers in today's game are hot garbage.  Their AA is useless, Battleships delete them.  They serve no purpose but to get deleted by Battleships.  Fast sailing, super stealthy Caesar will crush Cruiser presence.  The need for Cruisers to fire non-stop only makes them easy targets for a sneaking, predatory Caesar.

Destroyers:  I voted for the Fujin / Kamikaze clones to dominate this category.  They don't need to deal with Cruisers because the Cruisers got no Radar nor useful Hydro to use against them.  The BBs will clear the Cruisers and the BBs in turn will be vulnerable to Stealth - Torpedo DD attacks, and Fujin / Kamikaze clones excel in this.  Worthy mention and deadly adversary will be Gremyaschy.  She's an absolutely broken, all-around DD, and there will be no higher tier DDs to keep her in check.  Gremyaschy could easily be held up as the eventual Tier V Ranked DD Queen but she is a rare ship and her impact will be minimal.  The Fujin / Kamikaze clones however, are fairly numerous and lots of guys have her exclusively for Seal Clubbing duties and padding their stats.  Competitive play for these DDs without worrying about Tier VII Radar Cruisers, Tier VII Carriers?  Watch out!

Carriers:  This is the first Ranked Season where I predict there will be a lot of Carriers.  I'm not saying every match will feature one, but expect to see them in good frequency.  Tier V Carriers are the most played CV tier in the game.  They will not have Manual Drops but the AA in Tier V is garbage a.f.  They will not be dealing with Tier VI CVs that have Strafe either, so the CVs will be running pretty loose with only each other to keep them in check.  In this regard, with no Strafe, Zuiho will suffer.  Yes, she will wreck anyone on the surface with her cross drops, but Bogue's super powerful fighter unit will wipe the skies of Zuiho if skill was equal between the two.  Remember there are lots of guys that keep Tier IV-V CVs for the purpose of Seal Clubbing.  Zuiho's cross drops, if Bogue doesn't contain her, will be devastating even for the DDs.

Carriers are also a major wild card.  Traditionally this kind of fight is a BB-DD affair in Ranked, and Caesar, the DDs will dominate.  But Carriers are a hard counter for the stealth, speed, and poor AA of Caesar, and they can keep the DDs spotted and attacked.  With no Radar, the "Eyes in the Sky" of the Carrier will be key.

Due to no Strafing / Manual attacks in Tier V CVs, the Skill Gap will be markedly less between CVs.

I stress again, this isn't like Tier VII, VIII, X Ranked where there's some monstrous AA ships out there.  Some BBs of those tiers will swat planes with zero effort.  Tier V has no AA to speak of.

Spoiler

Except for Texas.

Caesar, Fujin / Kamikaze clones, Bogue will rule this.

wCKbrem.jpg

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Supertester
3,004 posts
10,057 battles

I'm surprised Kirov wasn't on the list. Regardless of what the "server average" is, people have to stop looking at those numbers and take into consideration what a player that knows what they are doing can do with a ships utility.

Heck, the Kirov virtually has the Dimi's guns, they are just a little slower with the ammo velocity. Regardless as far as Tier 5 Cruisers are concerned, the Kirov has a long range (possibly the longest) and possibly the highest HE and AP output.

Ya, people complain about the long ship and large citadel to he point of over exaggeration, but they do the same about ships that rank above the Kirov only they say that the range is too short or it doesn't have torps, concealment isn't enough, etc. etc. etc.

If played correctly, key phrase there, the Kirov will rain some damage in this league I have a feeling. Same argument was said about the Shchors back in Season 6. I had people raggin on me that I wouldn't make it past Rank 10, let alone be anything but a burden to my team. No, I didn't rank out, but I never have as I don't have the time. I did however have a 71% win ratio and averaged 51k damage over 31 battles played in her, not to mention averaging 3 kills per match.

So to the "na say'ers" of the RU line, I know you're out there, lol. I'll see ya in my Kirov.

[TF-64]
Members
374 posts
12,802 battles

Most T5 ships suffer from the current MM system. I think quite a few will show to be a lot stronger when not having to fight T7s all the time. Nicholas and Omaha are actually rather good. I think that RU CL will show to be strong as well. While paling her former self, the minekaze will be ok. I'm sure other tech tree ships will prove to be ok as well. 

But my kami will be playing I'm sure. 

Members
3,784 posts
14,050 battles
1 hour ago, Cruxdei said:

it's coming ladies and gentleman,the tier5 ranked everyone talke about is here,aimed for new players,anyone can play it,so ready your clubs and get ready for the biggest mid tier duel since the tier7 ranked. what ship you gonna use and why?

It'll probably be tier 5 up to Rank 15 and tier 10 after that.

But while it's at tier 5, (assuming that it will be) for Cruisers I have Emile Bertin and Marblehead. I'd most likely use Emile but Marblehead has potential.

Foe DDs I have the Roo-Shin longboat (Okhotnik) and the recently acquired Acasta. I'm not sure which I'd use, I need to practice with both before I decide.

I have Texas and Guilio Cesare but I doubt that I'll be driving BBs in ranked.

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,798 posts
9,837 battles

So bias, there is no t5 IJN CV .... I  demanded a place for Zuiho please