You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Neighbor_Kid

Storms

25 comments in this topic

[5D]
Beta Testers
434 posts
7,834 battles

Has anyone gotten a thunderstorm front on any of the 3 maps it's supposed to be on? I have not gotten one yet. 

[5D]
Beta Testers
434 posts
7,834 battles

@Gneisenau013    I saw this in the patch notes for 7.9 live release.. I have yet to see any storms on the maps, North, Hotspot , and islands of ice.  What is the chance of getting a storm? Played many times on each map in a T10 game I have not seen 1 thunderstorm/blizzard front come through yet. 

[-CIV-]
Members
233 posts
2,368 battles

Had a storm on Two Brothers earlier today, and a few more over the course of the week. Overall it looks like the chance is one in every 20 games or so, but that's just what I can see.

[5D]
Beta Testers
434 posts
7,834 battles
4 minutes ago, yungpanda said:

Had a storm on Two Brothers earlier today, and a few more over the course of the week. Overall it looks like the chance is one in every 20 games or so, but that's just what I can see.

Not a cyclone, a Thunderstorm front.  Two brothers only gets the cyclone storm. 

[-CIV-]
Members
233 posts
2,368 battles
3 minutes ago, Neighbor_Kid said:

Not a cyclone, a Thunderstorm front.  Two brothers only gets the cyclone storm. 

Ah, never mind then. Can't remember seeing a thunderstorm front in that case.

[WGA]
Administrator, Developers
900 posts
5,952 battles
On 9/30/2018 at 12:24 AM, Neighbor_Kid said:

@Gneisenau013    I saw this in the patch notes for 7.9 live release.. I have yet to see any storms on the maps, North, Hotspot , and islands of ice.  What is the chance of getting a storm? Played many times on each map in a T10 game I have not seen 1 thunderstorm/blizzard front come through yet. 

I haven't run into a battle with a thunderstorm/blizzard yet either but I've been mostly playing test ships and not all of them have been Tier X matches.

If I do, I'll definitely share it with you and the rest of the Fleet!

#anchorsaweigh

[5D]
Beta Testers
434 posts
7,834 battles
12 hours ago, Gneisenau013 said:

I haven't run into a battle with a thunderstorm/blizzard yet either but I've been mostly playing test ships and not all of them have been Tier X matches.

If I do, I'll definitely share it with you and the rest of the Fleet!

#anchorsaweigh

Cool... So far i still havnt seen and thunderstorms. I feel like it was left out. 

197 views... Aint no one else have anything? 

[CAST]
Members
1,209 posts
7,388 battles

I've only seen the cyclone a few times.  I haven't seen a thunder storm yet.  I personally don't like storms.  It severely limits the abilities of some ships, while enhancing others.  When playing BBs, if feels like you are completely out of the game for minutes at a time.

• Boring 1

Members
18,251 posts
5,220 battles

I'd really like to see some graphical representation for these phenomena.

We already have it adaptable for the cyclone really, since it's map-wide, we could have a reverse form of the slackening storm we get at the beginning of some maps.

Although I guess an advancing storm front is possible too, it would be like the Filth in the Halloween mission.

Members
18,251 posts
5,220 battles
22 minutes ago, Murcc said:

I've only seen the cyclone a few times.  I haven't seen a thunder storm yet.  I personally don't like storms.  It severely limits the abilities of some ships, while enhancing others.  When playing BBs, if feels like you are completely out of the game for minutes at a time.

I find with the cyclone, it depends on the situation when it hits. If you've got a Mino/Wooster spamming you from mid range, and you're moving away when the storm hits, a 180 can really throw a surprise at them, when they spot you 8km out, running them down lile a freight train, when they thought the were chasing you....

[CAST]
Members
1,209 posts
7,388 battles
13 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

I find with the cyclone, it depends on the situation when it hits. If you've got a Mino/Wooster spamming you from mid range, and you're moving away when the storm hits, a 180 can really throw a surprise at them, when they spot you 8km out, running them down lile a freight train, when they thought the were chasing you....

Yeah, that's good use of cover to setup an ambush in open water.  And they can't get away because of the closing range and the nice broadside they would have to show in order to do it.

[5D]
Beta Testers
434 posts
7,834 battles

Well playing on the PTS for 7.9 it was awesome for both the blizzard and thunderstorm front, and the representation of it graphical wise is much much better than the cyclone. 10 times better than the cyclone. Yet out of all the games ive been playing between T8-10 I have yet to see a thunderstorm front or blizzard. let alone i havent even seen epicenter on islands of ice outside of the PTS. @Gneisenau013 included it in the 7.9 update thread info, but it wasn't on the official WOWS site where they give us the run down of the changes/ additions etc..  I'm confused and wondering where it is at. 

Members
220 posts
7,619 battles

What's the difference between all the different storms, brohans?

[5D]
Beta Testers
434 posts
7,834 battles

Cyclone is a hard limit to 8Km range, when firing it does not make you detectable to other ships outside of 8KM, and overall the visual effects suck.  

Thunderstorm front, the range to be seen in it is 12 KM, but firing increases your detectability like normal but only for i think it is 5 seconds and increase dispersion of shells fire in and out of the thundertstorm. Not to mention the visuals in the thunderstorm are 10 times better than the cyclone is.  The thunderstorm moves around the maps. 

[5D]
Beta Testers
434 posts
7,834 battles

T8-T10 ships on North, Islands of ice, and hotspot, the cyclone effect I can say that I have not seen it once on those maps (where it was supposed to have been removed for the thunderstorm front).  All the battles I have played I have not seen one yet at all.  Was it pulled from the live patch? it was in  @Gneisenau013 's update patch notes here  >

• Cool 1

[WGA]
900 posts
5,952 battles

I haven't run into any thunderstorms yet either.

They are random events on high tiered matches so if you run into one make sure you have your rain jacket on and hatches secured!

#anchorsaweigh

• Bad 1

[5D]
Beta Testers
434 posts
7,834 battles
2 minutes ago, Gneisenau013 said:

I haven't run into any thunderstorms yet either.

They are random events on high tiered matches so if you run into one make sure you have your rain jacket on and hatches secured!

#anchorsaweigh

I know they are random, but cyclones had a 10% chance, what the percentage of chance? @Sub_Octavian Can you comment on this?

[WGA]
900 posts
5,952 battles
1 minute ago, Neighbor_Kid said:

I know they are random, but cyclones had a 10% chance, what the percentage of chance?

The notes do not indicate what the percentage of probability is. I can poke around the devs to see if I can "discover" some information!

#anchorsaweigh

[5D]
Beta Testers
434 posts
7,834 battles
Just now, Gneisenau013 said:

The notes do not indicate what the percentage of probability is. I can poke around the devs to see if I can "discover" some information!

#anchorsaweigh

Please do! I feel like its partially there as indeed Cyclone doesn't occur on those 3 maps anymore, but the other portion the actual front doesn't show up/never has from what I can tell. 

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,840 posts
9,586 battles
On 10/16/2018 at 9:14 AM, Neighbor_Kid said:

Bump-   Still have yet to see any thunderstorm activity beyond the cyclone in other maps.

Same.