You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
VGLance

DO NOT PLAY KHAB IN RANKED!!!

21 comments in this topic

[OO7]
Members
2,229 posts
9,733 battles

I can barely ever have a ranked match without someone chewing me out for playing the Khab....

"It's a form of griefing."

"You are going to cost us the match."

"You're an $%&*$% for bringing the Khab."

<to red team at start of match>  "Gratz on the win, we have a <slow person> who brought their Khab."

<to red team at start of match> "GG, VGLance decided to throw the match for bringing his Khab."

Well, let's take a look at this ranked season...

RaTRk0l.jpg

All I got to say to all the haters is this:

DON'T BRING A CONQUEROR TO RANKED!!!

:Smile-_tongue::cap_haloween:

On a serious note, pay special attention to the two columns of win rate and survival rate.  Notice how there is an absolute direct correlation.  If you're struggling in ranked or even random battles and your survival rate is below 40%, you're not staying alive long enough to turn losses into wins.  You cannot cap, do damage, delete ships, deny areas or have any positive impact whatsoever when you are sitting at the bottom of the ocean.  Instead of violently defending a low survival rate, just try raising it by 10% and see if your win rate increases.

• Cool 2

[SAA]
Members
860 posts
27,372 battles

Khab is good, just as long as you go into ranked not as the lone DD.  Watch the queue count, if there are only 2 DD's in the Ranked que and you are one of them you MIGHT be putting your team at a disadvantage.  

This all depends on the Khab captain, I do have a great respect for them, but some of them should not be the loan DD in a team.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,779 posts
6,788 battles

The only ship you should absolutely not bring to ranked is a carrier when you're bad with them. I don't care about anything else. 

[SALVO]
Members
17,139 posts
17,811 battles

@VGLance  I'll admit that I wouldn't be too thrilled to see a Khab on my team in Ranked.  But at the same time, if I noticed that the Khab player was one I knew to be rather good, I would probably assume that he knows what he's doing.

Regarding survival rate, I agree with you 110%.  The moment you die you lose all ability to influence the battle.  I will say that there are times when sacrificing your ship can be worth the loss of the ship, such as if your ship is gravely wounded but you're able to ram a far healthier enemy ship and sink him.  That would almost certainly be a good trade for your team, since the chances were probably quite high that you were going to die regardless. 

[HINON]
Supertester
19,254 posts
12,815 battles

And people wonder why I don't like playing ranked.

• Cool 4

[O_O]
Members
735 posts
6,288 battles

why dont you play your Gearing more? 

well for me i would have no choice but to take my Khab...basically that the only T10 i have...besides i haven't played one game in her since i got her, and with out a Capt..my best capt is on my Kiev and i'm not reassigning him to play a trophy boat. 

Edited by Shinnidan

[SYN]
Members
4,549 posts
11,437 battles

Most who mouth off at others in chat are clueless.  Especially this late in a ranked season.  Wanna see the worst of the community, enter a ranked battle now.  Good grief...

• Cool 1

[SF-E]
Members
354 posts
9,834 battles

@VGLance Do you play your Khab different in a ranked setting versus a normal random match? Any description would be welcome.

I've had some interesting discussions with folks about the merits of different ships for ranked and I've held the opinion that the ship choice is a factor, but how it is played in ranked is what matters the most.

[XBRTC]
Members
1,424 posts
7,482 battles

Only time I get salt for bringing Khab to ranked is when I do something stupid and get nuked. Fortunately, that doesn't happen very often.

[OO7]
Members
2,229 posts
9,733 battles
20 minutes ago, Shinnidan said:

why dont you play your Gearing more? 

well for me i would have no choice but to take my Khab...basically that the only T10 i have...besides i haven't played one game in her since i got her, and with out a Capt..my best capt is on my Kiev and i'm not reassigning him to play a trophy boat. 

I absolutely hate ships with high shell arcs.  Bought the gearing to get supercontainers :P

• Cool 1

[D12]
[D12]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,084 posts
9,013 battles

I see Khab its a sign, playing to keep the star and not actually caring if you win.   Don't care either way.

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
735 posts
6,288 battles
3 minutes ago, VGLance said:

I absolutely hate ships with high shell arcs.  Bought the gearing to get supercontainers :P

lol...cant say i disagree with why you got the Gear....got the Khab cause where else is the Ship exp on my Tash going to go...lol ^_^

i guess almost all of us play the boat that suit how we want to play. lol ^_^

Members
605 posts
7,221 battles
42 minutes ago, VGLance said:

I can barely ever have a ranked match without someone chewing me out for playing the Khab....

"It's a form of griefing."

"You are going to cost us the match."

"You're an $%&*$% for bringing the Khab."

<to red team at start of match>  "Gratz on the win, we have a <slow person> who brought their Khab."

<to red team at start of match> "GG, VGLance decided to throw the match for bringing his Khab."

Geez Vglance, what a scrub, you useless 64%er..............:Smile_hiding:

These weren't dead 40%ers by chance were they............

Take a good captain in ANY boat on my team vs a bad captain in an "OP" ship any day.

Had decent luck in Khab what little I played ranked this season too.  Her speed and heal is a strong combo for surviving late game where it counts.

Haters gonna hate, taters gonna tate.

VGLance 
 Statistics  Follow
Statistics Average battle values
Battles 82 Damage 85 839
Win rate 64.63% Destroyed warships 0.87
Victories 53 Aircraft Destroyed 0.15
Maximum planes kills 4  Base capture 0
Maximum damage 185 583  Base defense 0
Maximum kills 3  Experience 1 725
Maximum experience 4 103  Kills / deaths 3.09

[XBRTC]
Members
1,424 posts
7,482 battles
7 minutes ago, Nachoo31 said:

I see Khab its a sign, playing to keep the star and not actually caring if you win.   Don't care either way.

Oddly enough, for a khab to save a star he's gotta be doing things that would help the team win if everyone else carried their weight, too.

[OO7]
Members
2,229 posts
9,733 battles
10 minutes ago, _Big_Lou_ said:

@VGLance Do you play your Khab different in a ranked setting versus a normal random match? Any description would be welcome.

I've had some interesting discussions with folks about the merits of different ships for ranked and I've held the opinion that the ship choice is a factor, but how it is played in ranked is what matters the most.

Not really, it's all about forcing the enemy BBs and Cruisers to give up their preferred targets and focus on you.  Drive them completely out of position and take their guns out of the game.  The goal is to keep at a very minimum two enemy ships completely turned around with their guns facing the opposite way of the rest of the battle.

Gotta have extended speed boost.  It's a game changer.

Then of course you have placement of fires.  Have to put fires on front and back of ships, disengaging, going dark, resetting fires again after.  Even if it's not netting as much damage as what you'd do in a Yamato, stacking fires forces the enemy ships to disengage and heal.  The fires freak them out psychologically.

And lastly it's about mastering the ability to stay at the max of your gun range at all times while still having an eyeball glued to the minimap.  You cannot at any cost beach yourself.

• Cool 2

[XBRTC]
Members
1,424 posts
7,482 battles

@VGLance- given your statement about max gun range and not beaching yourself, what are your thoughts about the legendary upgrade for Khab?

[ALPHA]
[ALPHA]
Members
404 posts
8,518 battles

If finish to get a rank one in Khaba

Rang_1_en_Khaba.PNG

unknown.png

I played a couple of time with @VGLance

Khaba is very hard to play in ranked because you need being very aggressive to be efficient, RPS is not option because is very easy to be trapped by red DD without that. 

Legendary upgrade is good if you play Khaba with smoke. But for ranked, for spam HE from smoke, Harugumo are better.

[SAA]
Members
860 posts
27,372 battles
3 hours ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

Can only be the "loan" DD in a clan battle!

We are talking about Ranked Battles

Members
1,088 posts
6,029 battles
39 minutes ago, Turbotush said:

We are talking about Ranked Battles

I know.

It's called "humor". Thus my jest about his using the term "loan DD". There would be no humor in observing the use of the term "loan DD" if the discussion were about clan battles.

• Bad 1