Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
JohnPJones

Would you play a Tennessee class armored cruiser?

16 comments in this topic

Members
2,251 posts
6,734 battles

22kts

4 10” guns

and a secondary of 16 6” guns

would you play it if it was a premium reward ship at T3 or T4?

[SALVO]
Members
17,023 posts
17,629 battles
50 minutes ago, JohnPJones said:

22kts

4 10” guns

Meh, probably not.  Most missions require a tier 5+ ship (sometimes higher).  So if I'm going to take out a ship below tier 5, it's going to be strictly for fun.  But honestly, I tend to care more about working my missions while playing, so that tends to make playing lower tier ships counter-productive, no matter how much fun they might be.  And I should say that there are some low tier ships that I do enjoy but don't play for the above reason, such as the Aurora, or the Nikolai, or others.  But I might if their results counted towards missions.

Members
2,251 posts
6,734 battles
3 hours ago, Crucis said:

Meh, probably not.  Most missions require a tier 5+ ship (sometimes higher).  So if I'm going to take out a ship below tier 5, it's going to be strictly for fun.  But honestly, I tend to care more about working my missions while playing, so that tends to make playing lower tier ships counter-productive, no matter how much fun they might be.  And I should say that there are some low tier ships that I do enjoy but don't play for the above reason, such as the Aurora, or the Nikolai, or others.  But I might if their results counted towards missions.

I mean the purpose of the game is for fun...so why not play the ships that you think are fun?

[SALVO]
Members
17,023 posts
17,629 battles
26 minutes ago, JohnPJones said:

I mean the purpose of the game is for fun...so why not play the ships that you think are fun?

Because I also find doing missions fun.  And if playing low tier ships prevents me from playing to the missions, then the game becomes less fun.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,170 posts
11,691 battles

No, I would not.  Too few guns, too low ROF.  It's a Mikasa.

[TACG]
[TACG]
Alpha Tester
190 posts
2,305 battles
On ‎9‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 7:30 AM, crzyhawk said:

No, I would not.  Too few guns, too low ROF.  It's a Mikasa.

Mikasa is a pre-dreadnought, while the Tennessee is an Armored cruiser. That being said its not the same as Mikasa; nevertheless, I get what you're saying though. The Tennessee would play very similarly to Mikasa, main armament wise; 2x2 12inch guns (Mikasa) 2x2 10 inch guns (Tennessee) but. It wouldn't be a Mikasa, and it wouldn't be the same either. Tennessee had a belt armor of 5 inches that's not whereas the Mikasa, 9 inches. So, big difference. 

Mikasa is fun and its uniqueness is what makes it stand out from other premium vessels; therefore. I wouldn't really want another ship in the game with a similar armament layout as the Mikasa.

[TACG]
[TACG]
Alpha Tester
190 posts
2,305 battles
On ‎9‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 2:46 PM, MasterDiggs said:

At T3 or T4, sure

On ‎9‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 2:30 PM, JohnPJones said:

22kts

4 10” guns

actually mate, you guys I would say are wrong about that. Tier 3 or 4, for 2x2 10 inch guns? and with 5 inchs of armor?  The Tennessee wouldn't stand a chance. I would say tier 2 would be better for her. Still though I hold on my stance on it, its a nice vessel; however. I kind of don't want to see it in game though. We already have Mikasa at tier 2 premium.  

Besides the only reason why they added the Mikasa in the game is because its a museum ship and its the last pre-dreadnought in the world. So, really they added the Mikasa for its historical and cultural significance

Edited by Starfleet1701

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
1,344 posts
9,530 battles

Could be interesting as a low tier alternative for Mikasa. Would be fun for a low tier operation or event for Tsushima if they ever did one as it's at least the same era.

[PVE]
Members
505 posts
4,316 battles
4 hours ago, Starfleet1701 said:

actually mate, you guys I would say are wrong about that. Tier 3 or 4, for 2x2 10 inch guns? and with 5 inchs of armor?  The Tennessee wouldn't stand a chance. I would say tier 2 would be better for her. Still though I hold on my stance on it, its a nice vessel; however. I kind of don't want to see it in game though. We already have Mikasa at tier 2 premium.  

Besides the only reason why they added the Mikasa in the game is because its a museum ship and its the last pre-dreadnought in the world. So, really they added the Mikasa for its historical and cultural significance

I could see it as a T3 cruiser like the Graf Spee, or at T2. I am with you in that we don't need it in the game. As interesting as I find it I probably wouldn't play much if it all.

Its still a neat idea.

[70]
Members
973 posts
3,832 battles

Only if you get full 2ndary battery control as per my harebrained "30 tiers" idea linked in signature.

Edited by Guardian54

Members
16,042 posts
14,407 battles
On 9/27/2018 at 1:22 PM, Crucis said:

I have Imperator Nikolai I, Konig Albert but I don't touch them.  None of the missions support the low tiers.

[SALVO]
Members
17,023 posts
17,629 battles
7 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I have Imperator Nikolai I, Konig Albert but I don't touch them.  None of the missions support the low tiers.

Exactly.  Even the current daily Combat Mission pairs are tier limited at tier 5.  I suggested to Gneisenau that they should really reduce that tier limit to tier 2 so that people having low tier ships they like to play, low tier premiums in particular, could do so.  It's not like those daily Combat Mission pairs have such high rewards, so why tier limit them?  Doing so only discourages play of low tier premiums, IMO.

[KOOKS]
Beta Testers
2,168 posts
5,025 battles

It would be more tier 2.  And it was armored cruisers like this that brought about the creation of battlecruisers, or at least the reason why such ships were designed.

[FLS]
Alpha Tester
568 posts
2,540 battles

ACRs would be more tier 2-3 material than tier 4, I think. But it'd be a class of ship that is not currently represented in the game, so thumbs-up from me!

--Helms

Sign in to follow this