You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

28 comments in this topic

Members
69 posts
5,953 battles

I almost exclusively play DD's and everyone, (almost everyone!) has something helpful, (stupid!) to say, or suggest, (demand!) about DD's game play.  On more occasions than not during a match, people ([edited]hats!) scream, berate, criticize and whine to and about what destroyer's should or should'nt be doing.  The funny thing is, none of them are  destroyer captains.  As far as "hiding" goes, i never hide.  i might dodge behind cover if need be, but hiding's not in my repertoire.  Worry about your own strategy and game play (lack of style!) and i'll do me.

If anyone should [edited], it should be DD captains for the utter lack of support from CV's and BB's.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 5

[INTEL]
Members
795 posts
8,264 battles
11 minutes ago, y_vonne said:

I almost exclusively play DD's and everyone, (almost everyone!) has something helpful, (stupid!) to say, or suggest, (demand!) about DD's game play.  On more occasions than not during a match, people ([edited]hats!) scream, berate, criticize and whine to and about what destroyer's should or should'nt be doing.  The funny thing is, none of them are  destroyer captains.  As far as "hiding" goes, i never hide.  i might dodge behind cover if need be, but hiding's not in my repertoire.  Worry about your own strategy and game play (lack of style!) and i'll do me.

If anyone should [edited], it should be DD captains for the utter lack of support from CV's and BB's.

You mean like demands to drop smoke from a radar cruiser. The same cruiser that pointedly avoided a cap with plenty of cover to sail around in the rear. While demanding you get the cap. Then when you did try to scout and test the cap you find all 3 red DDs in it, backed up by 2 radar cruisers. Forcing you to trade half your Hp to get out of dodge. 

Those kind of self styled Admiral Nelsons?

• Cool 1

[RTXN]
Beta Testers
616 posts

Wow,

Complaining about how others comment on DD gameplay - yet comments on CV and BB gameplay in the same post.

Dude, take some of your own advice. 

If you ask people not to comment on DD gameplay - DON'T COMMENT ON OTHER CLASS GAMEPLAY!!!!!

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[INTEL]
Members
795 posts
8,264 battles
14 minutes ago, jmanII said:

Wow,

Complaining about how others comment on DD gameplay - yet comments on CV and BB gameplay in the same post.

If you ask people not to comment on DD gameplay - DON'T COMMENT ON OTHER CLASS GAMEPLAY!!!!!

You dont read very well. The OP didn't mention other types, I did. Also, unlike you, my stats aren't hidden. If you took the time to chk you'd have found I've played cruisers far more than DDs, about twice as many matches in fact. So yeah, I can comment on cruise play.

Edit. I guess the OP did mention them... point still stands

Edited by Ares1967
  • Bad 3

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
918 posts
2,119 battles

If you think this is a team game your horribly misinformed. On a competitive level sure, but no such things in randoms. 

My favorite is when the guy who has never even played a carrier is bossing the cv around for aa support

[SALVO]
Members
17,055 posts
17,692 battles
20 minutes ago, jmanII said:

Wow,

BBs, CVs, DDs are NOT classes!!!  They're ship TYPES!!!

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[RTXN]
Beta Testers
616 posts
11 minutes ago, Ares1967 said:

You dont read very well. The OP didn't mention other types, I did. Also, unlike you, my stats aren't hidden. If you took the time to chk you'd have found I've played cruisers far more than DDs, about twice as many matches in fact. So yeah, I can comment on cruise play.

Edit. I guess the OP did mention them... point still stands

1.  I don't care about who he is, how "good" he is nor how many games he has played.  If you ask somebody not to do something and then turn around and do it yourself......there is something wrong.

2.  My stats are hidden, I do not want to embarrass anyone and I refuse to take ridicule over them.  DEAL WITH IT!  I did not comment on anybodys gameplay nor how many games they have played - only that they should take their own advice.

[RTXN]
Beta Testers
616 posts
6 minutes ago, Crucis said:

BBs, CVs, DDs are NOT classes!!!  They're ship TYPES!!!

Yep, the best correct is "technically" correct.

Score one point for you - would you like a cookie?

• Funny 1

[FAE]
Members
2,161 posts
2,635 battles

BBs are generally the ones who need a sheepdog.

• Boring 1

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,839 posts
1,327 battles
1 hour ago, y_vonne said:

I've learned to ignore anyone in game trying to tell me what to do, *unless* I know who they are, and/or they're talking sense.  Otherwise, I'll just ignore them.  Too many armchair admirals in BBs wanting the DD to cap *right now*, when that's a bad idea.  If that means that I ignore someone occasionally that might have helped me, well, that I will still have less bad happen to me than it would if I listen to all the self-proclaimed 'experts'.

To be clear, I'd probably listen to you.  You talk sense!

Edited by mavfin87

[WOLF2]
Members
1,340 posts
13,069 battles
1 hour ago, y_vonne said:

So, the BB captain says "Everyone form a circle around ME" …  CV in the back, cruisers on the side and DDs in front :)

The DD hears "circle" and stops listening because he's contesting the only circle that counts … the ones with letters 

[OO7]
Alpha Tester
6,734 posts
3,490 battles

Sounds like we have a few ISSUEs here. :cap_popcorn:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3
  • Bad 1

[HINON]
Supertester
7,523 posts
7,578 battles
2 minutes ago, Madwolf05 said:

I see what you did there.....

And I like it :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
5,064 posts
6,753 battles
2 minutes ago, Madwolf05 said:

rDzb1Ya.jpg

you have done well, heres a cookie

• Funny 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,779 posts
6,788 battles

:cap_popcorn::cap_popcorn::cap_popcorn:

:cap_popcorn::cap_popcorn::cap_popcorn:

Members
642 posts
7,038 battles

When I'm in the Kamikaze, it always amuses me when some uses the "Get Back" button on me.

It's kind of a DD thing to be upfront.

You should know your boats strengths and play to that, ignore stupid advice.

[SIM]
Members
2,531 posts
4,182 battles

“Don’t tell DDs what to do! We should tell other classes what to do!”

Truly, your hypocrisy and lack of self-awareness are unmatched. 

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

Members
69 posts
5,953 battles

i meant people screaming at u during game play! i've never complained once in open chat about anyone's crappy, lackluster performance.

p.s. i'm a chick. how many guys have u met named Yvonne?

• Cool 1

[RTXN]
Beta Testers
616 posts
1 minute ago, y_vonne said:

i meant people screaming at u during game play! i've never complained once in open chat about anyone's crappy, lackluster performance.

p.s. i'm a chick. how many guys have u met named Yvonne?

1.  In your OP - you essentially said do not complain about your DD gameplay, yet you complained about everyone else's CV/BB gameplay.  Take your own advise.

2.  Don't care about he/she/it things.  Players are players.  Yes I use "he" universally.  It may be wrong, but it is a habit of mine.

3.  On the Yvonne name - are you asking about guys who consider themselves guys (I know 1 or 2) or consider themselves girls (I know a few)?  You have to ask this day and age. 

[XBRTC]
Members
1,414 posts
7,427 battles
1 hour ago, KiririnIchiban said:

He's from a hurricane clan so shut the [edited] up and listen to what he has to say, he's gotten further in the game than any of you.

lolwut?

[SF-3]
Members
1,531 posts
8,114 battles

He's from a hurricane clan so shut the [edited] up and listen to what he has to say, he's gotten further in the game than any of you.

45 minutes ago, vak_ said:

I looked up his (her?) stats, and color me surprised. Wasn't expecting that.

Good for a laugh thanks.

[-FH-]
Members
54 posts
707 battles

So, in your opinion, only Hurricane Clan members should be posting advice? 

And your closing line there is a VERY big assumption.

Edited by Gin_Blossoms