Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
The_Last_Frontier

Submarine Mission

16 comments in this topic

Members
113 posts
4,152 battles

This is a cool mode but little feedback.

Controls the controls should be like they are on ships to let you keep rudder locked to one side or the other? Would be better for normal controls of Q & E for rudder lock and then say R & F for up and down as I just now played it and I was forever pressing Q&E to lock my rudder like on ships only to go down and not be able to fire. So would suggest the controls be changed slightly.

Also I think once players got use to the subs it would be good in normal match mode (Coop, Random & Clan) but perhaps with a few other modes added

Ship only fights for players who do not want anything to do with subs, Mixed match mode where the play is mixed ship and sub and then finally a Sub Only mode for those who enjoy the subs!

I would also hope sonar and such would help detect submerged ships if mixed mode!!!

Edited by The_Last_Frontier
  • Bad 2

Members
113 posts
4,152 battles

Just enter the match the sub is there for you to use.

Just making sure you are using the public test right as this is feedback for the public test servers.

[ECCHI]
Beta Testers
4 posts
1,783 battles

OKay so a few things

First, let's cover the operation

Objectives

Locate the black lair, haven't found much like the G spot. Haven't been in a group that's found it.

Kill all foe, like we really have time to kill all those ships.

Have three submarines left, ya that's not gonna happen I am lucky to have three players by the time we get to the Rasputin

Sink the Rasputin, again that's not going to happen. not ONLY does it have a respawning surface fleet it regens 500 health PER second! between its own fleet, the timer, and the regen, I feel that's just unreasonable

in summery I have yet to find a group that can pass this too many objectives to complete and the Rasputin is just too beefy.

The Submarines

the controls take some getting use too, however, once they submerge I don't feel any slower or less maneuverable. Secondly, by feathering the Q and E, you can avoid absurd amounts of damage I feel there needs to be a longer time limit between when you can surface and dive again. The Zipper is fun the barracuda is not. The torpedos doing the same damage there is no reason to take the Barracuda 

for some reason, the Barracuda just feels slow and sluggish while the zipper is fast and turns on a dime, that being said this COULD work in normal play as long as the surface decetability goes up, I got INSANELY close to things

so with some tweaks this could be fun. 

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[WCSA]
Members
2 posts
4,102 battles

The Game would only let me use the subs in two time so far all other attempts have been not allowed in the last 24 hrs, for the test unlimited use should be allowed.  it takes more that two uses to get use to the subs.  suggest that P be use to go to periscope depth and Q & E not be used for surface and dive as they are normal controls for rudder commands.    I really only got on the test server this round to use the subs. 

Edited by MAJ_MTP_CAT6

[AFW-]
Members
11 posts
3,679 battles

Hated it! Spending 95% time trying and failing to control it. Controls suck! I don't normal use the A or D much but use the Q and E to turn 99% of the time. This is not fun and if it makes it out of the regular game I will stop playing WOWS. Targeting didn't work well either. Doesn't want to lock-on a more distant target behind a closer ship that is moving behind a island. It reminds me of a turd that floats and sinks. Also don't like the fact that you have to play it to get to the other scenarios. Put it in its own stand alone scenario for those that like them(rather it never existed). Would be nice to see what % of the player base likes this. 

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[RNF]
Beta Testers
411 posts
5,723 battles

Barracuda defo needs some adjustment. It's awful to use compared to Seelöwe or Zipper.

Whether it's submerged time, speed of the submersion or something else. Maybe even bump the concealment down to 5km.

[WORX]
Members
1,887 posts
12,967 battles

1 minute ago, CuriousShadow said:

Is there a way to switch to the rear torpedoes?

only one class of subs has backwards firing torps. All you have to do is press 2 or 3 and POOF !You have a steel turd coming out and touching some one in no time.

[MHG]
Members
57 posts
13,276 battles

Ah, perfect, now I get what it was - apparently I have two different flavors of front firing torpedoes, each with their own launchers.  I thought I was going to have rear launchers on my sub since I saw that in the demo gameplay.

[WBK]
Members
63 posts
2,316 battles

Rudder shift time on the barracuda was so long, it was hard to line up on targets without overshooting the steering.

Beta Testers
21 posts
1,231 battles

PLEASE remove the requirement to be in a Division for the operations. I have been waiting to play them since Friday......

[B2P]
[B2P]
Beta Testers
136 posts
7,207 battles
On 9/29/2018 at 2:30 AM, W4lt3r said:

Barracuda defo needs some adjustment. It's awful to use compared to Seelöwe or Zipper.

Whether it's submerged time, speed of the submersion or something else. Maybe even bump the concealment down to 5km.

The speed is 27 knots and the concealment is 6.3 km (the CE captain skill does nothing). The real problem is that low oxygen tank level that doesn't give you much time to get out of detection range when you need to. Adding on top of that the rudder shift being 7.6 seconds at a 550 meters turning circle, so handling her is very sluggish..

[RNF]
Beta Testers
411 posts
5,723 battles
1 hour ago, Termx said:

The speed is 27 knots and the concealment is 6.3 km (the CE captain skill does nothing). The real problem is that low oxygen tank level that doesn't give you much time to get out of detection range when you need to. Adding on top of that the rudder shift being 7.6 seconds at a 550 meters turning circle, so handling her is very sluggish..

After further consideration, I would suggest that Barracuda should have the highest submersion time of all the subs, I'm going at like 1 minute 50 or even 2 minutes, but also has the slowest oxygen replenishment rates (think that is already a thing)

Or then buff up her maneuverability, like dropping the turning circle to like 400m and rudder shift to like 5.2.

Members
2 posts
1,648 battles

There should either be a button for 'periscope depth' or there should a scale like there is for speed. Using the barracuda, I would try top hit periscope depth to fire torpedos, but instead I would surface completely. The scale would be pretty easy too.

Run on Surface

Periscope Depth

Deep Water

Crush Depth

Deep water is for evading detection, crush depth is if someone is throwing depth charges at you, but it halves the time you can stay submerged by doubling oxygen consumption (cause your crew is freaking out and using up the oxygen faster by hyperventilating!). Periscope depths is for attacking, and surface is obviously for oxygen regen.

Sign in to follow this