You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Kizarvexis

Daily Chain Missions for October

29 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
9,881 posts
7,492 battles

The October calendar is out with what will be the login bonus for each day & Daily Chain Award. Here is the article.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/deals/october-missions-2018/

Keep an eye on it as WG updates it every week or so.

Of particular note, was this little item.

Y3NPf7d.jpg

• Cool 3

[PVE]
Members
9,881 posts
7,492 battles
2 minutes ago, Mister_Rawr said:

Thanks as always for the good info!

-R

You are welcome. Also looks like we can earn even more RN containers as well.

Members
1,087 posts
6,029 battles
6 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Also looks like we can earn even more RN containers as well.

I'm not confident on that one...

I don't see any additional containers for the dailies. I think what they are expressing it the cumulative total of what you get for doing all directives of stage 2, then 3, and 4.

There was a thread like this about the dailies themselves a couple of weeks ago. WG has sharpened up their language only partially) along the lines of what I suggested it needed to be, back in that thread. Their statement on the 2nd stage says:

"Having completed all the Directives of the second Stage, you can earn"

It believe the real intent is to state:

"Upon completion of all the Directives of the second Stage, you will have earned..."

I'm not above having missed something though.

[PVE]
Members
9,881 posts
7,492 battles
7 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

I'm not confident on that one...

I don't see any additional containers for the dailies. I think what they are expressing it the cumulative total of what you get for doing all directives of stage 2, then 3, and 4.

There was a thread like this about the dailies themselves a couple of weeks ago. WG has sharpened up their language only partially) along the lines of what I suggested it needed to be, back in that thread. Their statement on the 2nd stage says:

"Having completed all the Directives of the second Stage, you can earn"

It believe the real intent is to state:

"Upon completion of all the Directives of the second Stage, you will have earned..."

I'm not above having missed something though.

Could be, but you will get 12 containers if you don't have a T7+ UK DD. If you have a T7+ UK DD, you can earn 14 containers. If you get into the top 25% of the HoF that stage, you can get 1-3 more containers. The RN containers were listed as 13 and 15. Not sure what is going on.

@TheURLGuy, could we get some clarification on the October Calendar when it relates to the Stage 2, 3 & 4 rewards please? 

Edited by Kizarvexis

[WOLF3]
Members
6,487 posts
2,439 battles

All missions within a chain must be completed in successive order with Tier V–X ships in Random, Ranked, or Co-op Battles once per day.

Notice anything missing?

[PVE]
Members
9,881 posts
7,492 battles
1 minute ago, iDuckman said:

All missions within a chain must be completed in successive order with Tier V–X ships in Random, Ranked, or Co-op Battles once per day.

Notice anything missing?

Yep, Scenarios are missing.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,414 posts
4,302 battles
52 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

...which will have people scrambling through the missions hoping for hidden Guineas, I'll bet you.

I'm starting to grow weary of these dailies. The requirement for victory in all but the first two stages, and the fact that those first two stages get you the same amount regardless of whether your win was 550 base XP or 3550, can be fatiguing. I was grinding them out in co-op in September because I wanted the Helena camo, but I'm not going to do it for unspecified rewards at uncertain times. If it happens, it happens.

6 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Yep, Scenarios are missing.

Dynamo has become an XP mine of the sort Narai once was. Dynamo will probably run for the duration of the RN event, and it's easy for a well-practised team to grind obscene amounts of base XP from that. But they don't dare buff the enemy until after the event, when it enters routine rotation. Plus Halloween is its own weird thing with its own weird ships that are unrepresentative of reality. Space Battles was just cute skins over standard ships, but Halloween has mechanics which in normal battles would be OP game breaking, even if it didn't have subs in it this year.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[WOLF3]
Members
6,487 posts
2,439 battles
17 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I'm starting to grow weary of these dailies.

14 minutes ago, landcollector said:

That's very disappointing.

Yep.  I'm just about done.  When my Premium Time expires (today?).  I think I'll go on vacation for a while.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,414 posts
4,302 battles
7 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

Honestly, I'm not so sure that WG's grasp of what is going on is that firm now, either.

I think it's very firm. They saw, only too late, combined Warspite and Gallant repurchases happening all over the place, with batches of 10K doubloons flowing out the door left, right and centre to people like me (who already own both), and realised that the acquisition of Sovereigns had to be shut down after the first patch. You'll have enough to get one but not both.

Unfortunately they have not been communicative on this one. Downvote, WG. 

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[LOU1]
Members
3,072 posts
8,161 battles
11 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I think it's very firm. They saw, only too late, combined Warspite and Gallant repurchases happening all over the place, with batches of 10K doubloons flowing out the door left, right and centre to people like me (who already own both), and realised that the acquisition of Sovereigns had to be shut down after the first patch. You'll have enough to get one but not both.

I thought it was released the way it is now, with no Sovereigns earnable after the update?  I don't remember that being changed after release.  To me, the ability to earn the doubloons if you already had the shipt fit with the way WOWS tends to be generous at times.  And, it gives F2P players a way to earn Doubloon ships without spending any real money.  They even gave players the full Doubloon amount even when they bought one of them while the ship was discounted - irrespective of their current policy on Doubloon exchanges for buying ships you already own.  In addition, the ships are earned through Missions, which normally means you get Silver, not Doubloons.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,414 posts
4,302 battles
9 minutes ago, ExploratorOne said:

I thought it was released the way it is now, with no Sovereigns earnable after the update? 

It quite possibly was, but many of us have laboured under the impression that Sovereigns would be available (not merely usable) until the end of 0.7.10 patch. 

Against this, they have indeed been generous with regard to the Gallant and the Warspite. The Warspite is a fine ship, and the Gallant - with 2km of stealth torping at full concealment - is by no means a useless destroyer. Any free-to-play destroyer main who picks her up via this event will be doing quite well for themselves.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[LOU1]
Members
3,072 posts
8,161 battles
9 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

It quite possibly was, but many of us have laboured under the impression that Sovereigns would be available (not merely usable) until the end of 0.7.10 patch.

I didn't think that was changed.  Let me go back and look again.

Containers are listed as being available through the October 17th, which is as far as the October briefing currently goes.  Where did you see that Containers and Sovereigns were ending before the end of Patch 0.7.10?  I thought the post you replied to was talking about removing the Operation Dynamo XP generator from the RN Event?

Edited by ExploratorOne

[SBS]
Members
2,488 posts
2,253 battles
10 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

They saw, only too late, combined Warspite and Gallant repurchases happening all over the place, with batches of 10K doubloons flowing out the door left, right and centre to people like me (who already own both), and realised that the acquisition of Sovereigns had to be shut down after the first patch.

I wouldn't have a problem if WG switched the compensation from doubloons to coal so they don't loose out financially.  That way both parties win.

• Cool 1

Members
1,087 posts
6,029 battles
5 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

They saw, only too late, combined Warspite and Gallant repurchases...

That is, in part, my point. The match easily was workable ahead of time.

That having been said, I think in this instance, it was more of a case of poor communication on WG's part (which is becoming altogether too common).

For a long time, the WoWs events with earnable ship giveaways have been set up so that you have had to complete about 70% of the tasks to get the big prize. With the Indianapolis campaign, they upped that to over 80% (18 out of 22). It was probably too good to be true to think you could earn enough in the RN DD campaign/series to get enough event tokens to get two major prizes, with room to spare. But, the original event language was blank on much, and it was possible to take such a view.....unless I've missed something in the original event language.

To this day, I'm still certain that the "Go Navy" event was never "extended". I still think they had a big inflexible schedule SNAFU between the premium shop, event token expiration schedule, and patch drop dates. They couldn't fix any of them and their only cover was to announce a "1-day extension" to the event. (if an event extension were in their power, corresponding extensions of token cash-ins and premium shop availability of containers should have been, too...otherwise, why extend only one part (and not the parts that permit you to benefit from the extension) at all, and risk the public fiasco?...unless it was a CYA.

I think the proper course of thought, every time WoWs/WG announces an event, is to take the minimalist interpretation of what is announced, and determine "What is the barest minimum WG/WoWs is offering here?" "What is the most restrictive time frame they are proposing here?" If we do that, that will minimize disappointment, and in all likelihood, minimize how often we're wrong.

Of course, things should come from WG more clearly laid out, such that having to take such a dim view is not obligatory.

Which of course, makes you all the more correct in having said:

35 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

[PVE]
Members
9,881 posts
7,492 battles
44 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

Honestly, I'm not so sure that WG's grasp of what is going on is that firm now, either.

Unfortunately, they are giving that impression.

2 minutes ago, ExploratorOne said:

I didn't think that was changed.  Let me go back and look again.

Containers are listed as being available through the October 17th, which is as far as the October briefing currently goes.  Where did you see that Containers and Sovereigns were ending before the end of Patch 0.7.10?  I thought the post you replied to was talking about removing the Operation Dynamo XP generator from the RN Event?

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/public-test/bulletin-0710/

RN crates from the Directives will be replaced with Halloween crates.

05wIOK9.jpg

QwFvZhE.jpg

[LOU1]
Members
3,072 posts
8,161 battles
4 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Unfortunately, they are giving that impression.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/public-test/bulletin-0710/

RN crates from the Directives will be replaced with Halloween crates.

05wIOK9.jpg

QwFvZhE.jpg

Thanks.  I see it now in the 0.7.10 Developer Bulletin.  I think the import didn't sink in hen I read it before because I was focused on getting to the Halloween stuff.  Good thing this thread is here.  I would have made some bad choices before realizing my error without it.  Getting Warspite tonight to make sure.  Thanks @Ensign_Cthulhu !

[ARGSY]
Members
6,414 posts
4,302 battles
2 hours ago, ExploratorOne said:

Thanks.  I see it now in the 0.7.10 Developer Bulletin.  I think the import didn't sink in hen I read it before because I was focused on getting to the Halloween stuff.  Good thing this thread is here.  I would have made some bad choices before realizing my error without it.  Getting Warspite tonight to make sure.  Thanks @Ensign_Cthulhu !

You are quite welcome. I would rather flag something as ending early if I were aware of it and have people ready to act than the other way around. I am already cursing several missed opportunities in this game (mostly my fault, not necessarily connected with this event) and am eager not to miss others.

[PVE]
Members
9,881 posts
7,492 battles
11 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

You are quite welcome. I would rather flag something as ending early if I were aware of it and have people ready to act than the other way around. I am already cursing several missed opportunities in this game (mostly my fault, not necessarily connected with this event) and am eager not to miss others.

Yet another reason for the proliferation of PSA threads. :Smile_facepalm:

[WOLFB]
Members
451 posts
3,836 battles
21 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

Y3NPf7d.jpg

I think this is probably the surprises they've been putting in the Daily Mission/Chain 1/Stage 2.

I got a surprise  "Talk Like A Pirate Day Flag" last week (I love flags so that was cool) and a couple Blue Lagoon camouflages today (which is even better because they actually do something!).

Just a little more incentive to play this game all the time and forever.

Now get back in there and grind grind grind !!!

[WOLF3]
Members
6,487 posts
2,439 battles
On 9/27/2018 at 1:09 PM, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Dynamo will probably run for the duration of the RN event,

Actually, Dynamo is permanent.

It yields good XP - to DDs.  Doesn't seem to be many players in it recently, though.  I think they're all off chasing RN crates.