Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Booone

Problem

3 comments in this topic

Members
1 post
1,361 battles

I recently changes some of the parameters for my screen/ships and now have problems:

1)     I can only fire using the central button on the mouse which means I must 'follow' the shot out to where it hits

2)    Can no longer use the right button on my mouse to hold guns at same position while having a 'free look" around.

3)    Left and right buttons on mouse do nothing at all.

New player and there is no 'reset' button and I am not sure what to change to get back operations control using the mouse.  Nothing wrong with mouse.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
918 posts
2,119 battles
11 minutes ago, Booone said:

I recently changes some of the parameters for my screen/ships and now have problems:

1)     I can only fire using the central button on the mouse which means I must 'follow' the shot out to where it hits

2)    Can no longer use the right button on my mouse to hold guns at same position while having a 'free look" around.

3)    Left and right buttons on mouse do nothing at all.

New player and there is no 'reset' button and I am not sure what to change to get back operations control using the mouse.  Nothing wrong with mouse.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Go to settings>controls and check to see if you have something else set to fire your guns.

If the guns are set to the mouse buttons like normal, then it's an issue on you end. Either with the mouse, the USB connection, or whatever else

Supertester, Alpha Tester
6,046 posts

Find the file in the root directory of the game called preferences and delete it. You will have log in with your email and password the next time you log in, but all of the settings will be restored to the original.

Avoid mapping any key to a mouse button or ctrl, shift, or alt. Those and combinations of those get used a lot by the game.

You can find default commands here:

Help Screens

List of Mouse and Keyboard Commands

After you have reentered the game once, save a copy of your preferences file to a different directory. That way if future changes you make cause problems, you can restore from your backup. When you get things setup how you want and you test the changes, you can over write the old backup with the current working preference file and save yourself some time later if you need to do a preference reset.

Sign in to follow this