You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
DouglasMacAwful

Do we get to keep the RN destroyers that we earn through missions?

22 comments in this topic

[-WPG-]
Members
808 posts
3,352 battles

I looked through Kevarxis's (sp?) detailed post and the official 7.9 announcement.  The RN DD's we earn through missions are deemed "early access".  Do we get to keep them, or are these just rentals essentially and when the event ends we'll have to grind from T3 or wherever they start?

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,850 posts
1,332 battles

You get to keep them.  Also, you get them complete with the modules already researched.

However, until the full tree is available, they're quasi-premium ships, so you can't grind the next ship up the line for now.

Once the rest of the tree is there, then they become tech tree ships permanently.

• Cool 1

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
918 posts
2,119 battles

Yup. All xp gained will remain on the ship too

• Cool 1

[CAST]
Members
1,205 posts
7,381 battles

Yes, you keep the ships.  By playing them, you will accumulate XP, which will count towards the next higher tier.  That way, you will be ready to purchase the next higher tier when the new line is officially released.

Members
1,076 posts
5,979 battles

One  drawback to be aware of:

Their premium status goes away after the tech tree arrives. Any captain you have onboard an RN DD at that point becomes assigned to that ship, and will lose his specialization for the old ship. So, if you want to move him back to his prior ship without the need to retrain, do it before the tech tree drop date.

• Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
9,741 posts
7,472 battles
41 minutes ago, mavfin87 said:

You get to keep them.  Also, you get them complete with the modules already researched.

However, until the full tree is available, they're quasi-premium ships, so you can't grind the next ship up the line for now.

Once the rest of the tree is there, then they become tech tree ships permanently.

34 minutes ago, Murcc said:

Yes, you keep the ships.  By playing them, you will accumulate XP, which will count towards the next higher tier.  That way, you will be ready to purchase the next higher tier when the new line is officially released.

These ^^^

You can grind them for XP and it will stay with the ship, but you can not research the next ship until the whole like goes live on patch 7.10 on Oct 17th.

FYI, based on the XP amounts in the wiki before 7.9 dropped, you should need roughly the XP below to get the next ship.

T2 Weymouth - you will need about 650 XP for T2 DD Medea

T5 Acasta - you will need about 36k XP for T6 DD Icarus

T6 Icarus - you will need about 65k XP for T7 DD Jervis

T7 Jervis - you will need about 112k XP for T8 DD Lightning

T8 Lightning - you will need about 165k XP for T9 DD Jutland

4 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

Their premium status goes away after the tech tree arrives. Any captain you have onboard an RN DD at that point becomes assigned to that ship, and will lose his specialization for the old ship. So, if you want to move him back to his prior ship without the need to retrain, do it before the tech tree drop date.

This as well ^^^

Make sure of what captains are on what UK DDs when patch 7.10 hits on Oct 17th.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,316 posts
4,264 battles
24 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

This cannot be emphasised enough, and I am re quoting it in bold for that reason. Nevertheless, we all know some people will forget and salt will flow, especially if those captains are 19-pointers more badly needed elsewhere.

I intend to grind all the way up the line, which given current T2-4 XP prices will not be a long grind at all, and for that reason my Acasta and Icarus are port queens at the moment, with no commanders (though I may put back the ones they came with). I will make a decision at some point whether to sacrifice my Leander captain to equip one of them or take a captain up from Medea all the way through the line, somewhat differently specced, but that can be made in the cold light of day, based on experience with the T2-4 ships.

Given that we have an abbreviated season of T5 ranked coming right up, it may be worth the sacrifice. We shall see.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,409 posts
9,573 battles

NO! They must be returned in the condition you received them. Any battle damage, unauthorized upgrades, trashy flags, and other miscellaneous damage will be assessed a penalty. Better not be any water damage, and I hope you kept up with maintenance.

• Funny 4

[PVE]
Members
9,741 posts
7,472 battles
1 hour ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

I looked through Kevarxis's (sp?) detailed post and the official 7.9 announcement.  The RN DD's we earn through missions are deemed "early access".  Do we get to keep them, or are these just rentals essentially and when the event ends we'll have to grind from T3 or wherever they start?

Sorry about that. I updated the first post in that thread.

[PVE]
Members
9,741 posts
7,472 battles
Just now, AVR_Project said:

NO! They must be returned in the condition you received them. Any battle damage, unauthorized upgrades, trashy flags, and other miscellaneous damage will be assessed a penalty. Better not be any water damage, and I hope you kept up with maintenance.

No painting them pink. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 1

[WOLF9]
Members
1,106 posts
3 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

You will also be charged doubloons for any excess mileage.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,316 posts
4,264 battles
9 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

No painting them pink. :Smile_teethhappy:

Breast Cancer Research Fleet.

[PVE]
Members
9,741 posts
7,472 battles

NFL and NCAA October uniforms

edit: @Ensign_Cthulhu, I'm swapping through posts and saw your post and though Forum Word Association game.  :Smile_facepalm:   I guess I should eat lunch.  :Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by Kizarvexis

Members
1,076 posts
5,979 battles
18 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

This cannot be emphasised enough, and I am re quoting it in bold for that reason. Nevertheless, we all know some people will forget and salt will flow, especially if those captains are 19-pointers more badly needed elsewhere.

The sad thing (personally) is, that I'm one of the most likely to forget such a thing...my Lightning has a 19-point Commander Jack Dunkirk, a dedicated Belfast commander, but is "specialized" for Edinburgh. He could go back on the Belfast easily enough if I forget, I just wouldn't be able to put him back on Edinburgh.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,316 posts
4,264 battles
29 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

The sad thing (personally) is, that I'm one of the most likely to forget such a thing...my Lightning has a 19-point Commander Jack Dunkirk, a dedicated Belfast commander, but is "specialized" for Edinburgh. He could go back on the Belfast easily enough if I forget, I just wouldn't be able to put him back on Edinburgh.

The unfortunate-ness factor is inversely proportional to the number of premiums you have for that nation. In my case, I have the choice of the Gallant, the Campbeltown (for what she's worth), the Warspite and the Nelson to serve his retraining time on (and you can bet I'd be spending the 200K silver needed to halve that). Last Stand (and to an extent Survivability Expert) is mostly wasted on the battleships, but everything else meshes fairly well. We really could do with another RN premium cruiser, perhaps one of the 8-inch-gunned Counties, Exeter or York (though we probably won't be getting that last one due to the potential for confusion with the T7 German cruiser Yorck). Oh well, there's always supercontainers and Christmas crates, I believe.

[PVE]
Members
9,741 posts
7,472 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

The unfortunate-ness factor is inversely proportional to the number of premiums you have for that nation. In my case, I have the choice of the Gallant, the Campbeltown (for what she's worth), the Warspite and the Nelson to serve his retraining time on (and you can bet I'd be spending the 200K silver needed to halve that). Last Stand (and to an extent Survivability Expert) is mostly wasted on the battleships, but everything else meshes fairly well. We really could do with another RN premium cruiser, perhaps one of the 8-inch-gunned Counties, Exeter or York (though we probably won't be getting that last one due to the potential for confusion with the T7 German cruiser Yorck). Oh well, there's always supercontainers and Christmas crates, I believe.

I thought so with the T3 St Louis and T9 Saint-Louis, but we did. And the T9 Lion and the T7 Lyon. I can see WG doing the York CA for the UK.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,316 posts
4,264 battles
15 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

I can see WG doing the York CA for the UK.

But, an it please God, not at Tier 7. At least the St Louises never meet and the Lyon and Lion seldom do (T7 doesn't see T9 much). But Yorck and York would meet each other all the time, as I can't see them putting a 6 x 8 inch cruiser of modern turreted layout anywhere that it would not see T7.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[-WPG-]
Members
808 posts
3,352 battles
1 hour ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

Very glad you pointed this out. I have my only real RN captain from the QE on it since she has concealment. Only playing in coop to get the RN reward flags. I would have assumed the captain goes back to harbor like other rentals and splits, so thanks again 

Members
1,076 posts
5,979 battles
8 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

I would have assumed the captain goes back to harbor like other rentals and splits, so thanks again 

Yeah; the difference is in that the early access ships don't go away when the tech tree comes out; they're ours to keep.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,409 posts
9,573 battles
6 hours ago, AVR_Project said:

And do not...   repeat DO NOT subject these rental ships to the hard vacuum of outer space.