oldrustyguns

no ship identification ingame

7 comments in this topic

[CO-OP]
Members
17 posts
8,485 battles

After the 7.9.10 update I can no longer see the ship name, rank or player name that is normally shown above the ship during battle. The ship type, cruiser DD ect, is shown but nothing else. I did a clean reinstall and the issue is still there. Any ideas?

Edited by oldrustyguns
more info

[FAILD]
Members
427 posts
1,608 battles
3 minutes ago, oldrustyguns said:

After the 7.10 update I can no longer see the ship name, rank or player name that is normally shown above the ship during battle. The ship type, cruiser DD ect, is shown but nothing else. I did a clean reinstall and the issue is still there. Any ideas?

Check to see if your settings have been changed. Some updates change settings sometimes.

Members
36 posts
1,480 battles
5 minutes ago, oldrustyguns said:

After the 7.10 update I can no longer see the ship name, rank or player name that is normally shown above the ship during battle. The ship type, cruiser DD ect, is shown but nothing else. I did a clean reinstall and the issue is still there. Any ideas?

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/114499-ship-and-player-names-not-displayed-in-game/

[WAG]
Members
391 posts
7,448 battles
4 minutes ago, oldrustyguns said:

Can't remember what it is called, but I think there is a setting that controls this. Something like "extended battle display" or something like that.

[CO-OP]
Members
17 posts
8,485 battles

Thank you all. It was 'alternative battle interface' in settings. I don't know why it had reset but changing it to 'adaptive' worked. Thanks again!

• Cool 1

[MEIST]
Members
870 posts
3,054 battles

You can also hold ALT button and it will display them while holding the button. I myself prefer it that way to not have so much clutter on the screen.