You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
landedkiller

Stat Analysis help needed

25 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
1,329 posts
3,591 battles

Hi all I figured I would ask from an outside perspective on what ships I am good at and what it looks like I could improve on https://worldofwarships.com/en/community/accounts/1004447193-landedkiller/!/pvp/overview/

I am looking for a decent analysis here that I will use to improve my damage output and or winrate thank you

[PNG]
Supertester, Beta Testers
5,664 posts
6,472 battles

Because your stats are all over the place I just took subset rank data for your Tier 10s.

Without seeing any replays, my guess is that your impact factor is not as high as it should be in battleships.

You are averaging about 75K damage in battleships at Tier 10 Ranked, about 15K lower than where what I consider a high impact player would be. 

The 15K missing damage can come from a few places. Maybe you aren’t punishing cruisers and DDs enough. Maybe you are somewhat out of position or slow to respond to a change in battlefield flow. Not every game should be a high damage one, but when you play a strong game in a TX ranked match, you should be getting close to, if not outright breaking, 200K damage.

In Randoms, to be honest, winning can be a toss up solo. The best advice I can give to increasing win rate in randoms is to increase your damage output. Compare your damage to ship averages on the server and aim for +10% over that average every game.

• Cool 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,779 posts
6,788 battles
40 minutes ago, landedkiller said:

Hi all I figured I would ask from an outside perspective on what ships I am good at and what it looks like I could improve on https://worldofwarships.com/en/community/accounts/1004447193-landedkiller/!/pvp/overview/

I am looking for a decent analysis here that I will use to improve my damage output and or winrate thank you

Based on your survival percentage, you die too early too often, that's your main problem. In your most played cruiser, Hipper, you survived 1 (one) battle out of 109 played.

I cannot be sure what is causing this by looking at your stats alone -- maybe you rush into the enemy team without support, maybe you broadside too much, and so on.

Post a few recordings of your typical games in the ships you want to improve in here, on the forum, people are always happy to give feedback. Replays are fine, but Twitch or YouTube recordings will generate a lot more response. 

[FAILD]
Members
427 posts
1,608 battles

As @Compassghost pointed out without seeing replays it's hard to tell what's wrong. But your kill totals on your ships with the highest number of kills seems light for the number of battles. I'm wondering if your missing the opportunity to finish off low hit point opponents. The faster you eliminate opponents increases the chance your team will win. Learning to hit cruisers that present thier broadside to you and landing citidals will allow your teammates to easily finish them off in most cases. 

I hit a Zao at 8nm who had his broadside to me in my North Carolina with 2 citidals in one salvo. My team had him finished off before my guns could reload. 

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,112 posts
12,671 battles

While your stats as a whole are unusual, the piece that really stands out to me is that you have only survived 221 out of your 2784 random battles (<8%). This is extremely low. Combined with a low number of kills, this suggests you are dying very early in most matches.

A replay would help a lot, but I suspect you may be yoloing.

• Cool 2

[PNG]
Supertester, Beta Testers
5,664 posts
6,472 battles

To be fair, it’s easier to fix “I went too far in” than “I am nowhere near where I should be.”

I have a proposal for fixing the high death count.

Your max BB cruising speed for the first eight minutes should be 3/4 speed. If you need to dodge torps, you can hit full speed, but otherwise, slow down. This should put you slightly further from threats and keep you alive slightly longer. If you feel too ineffective, then inch forwards until you feel effective, rather than be too effective for enemy fire and dying. 

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,677 posts
9,071 battles
39 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

While your stats as a whole are unusual, the piece that really stands out to me is that you have only survived 221 out of your 2784 random battles (<8%). This is extremely low. Combined with a low number of kills, this suggests you are dying very early in most matches.

A replay would help a lot, but I suspect you may be yoloing.

26 minutes ago, Compassghost said:

To be fair, it’s easier to fix “I went too far in” than “I am nowhere near where I should be.”

I have a proposal for fixing the high death count.

Your max BB cruising speed for the first eight minutes should be 3/4 speed. If you need to dodge torps, you can hit full speed, but otherwise, slow down. This should put you slightly further from threats and keep you alive slightly longer. If you feel too ineffective, then inch forwards until you feel effective, rather than be too effective for enemy fire and dying. 

He is definitely yolo'ing with a sub 10% survival rate. I suggest holding back just a little and work on surviving longer while still doing damage. What I do is start my BB's and Cruisers at half speed to let the DD's get far enough ahead that I am not getting spotted too soon. Now this varies as some ships can be spotted from orbit while others are near DD stealthy but 7 - 10 Km seems to work well. This is all about applying patience

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,329 posts
3,591 battles

Well I am agressive I would say. I get the first blood in a lot of my battles. I have changed my reticle now from type 2 to type 12. I find that I need to aim better when ships are at an angle. I try to hover just behind or around the caps themselves.

• Cool 1

[KMK]
Members
70 posts
3,888 battles

I think you re runnng in the game. Your average tier is 7.4 for me it means you go so fast, without getting the bases of the game. Try to play tiers VI-VII with the ship you feel more comfortable. You have so many good premius that are unplayed.

• Bad 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,677 posts
9,071 battles
1 minute ago, Feyevich said:

I think you re runnng in the game. Your average tier is 7.4 for me it means you go so fast, without getting the bases of the game. Try to play tiers VI-VII with the ship you feel more comfortable. You have so many good premius that are unplayed.

I would even go so far as to suggest going farther down the tiers and play 3 - 5 to work on the basics. That is what I am doing right now since I hadn't been playing my DD's at all to break off the rust.

• Boring 1

[ONAVY]
Members
775 posts
6,307 battles
1 hour ago, landedkiller said:

Damage done is the only metric you have absolute direct control over. You can not control if the match is won or lost even if you sink 10 ships your team could still lose and happens many times when people pick up a Kraken and still lose the match. The longer you do stay alive the more damage in theory you can make. Sometimes a well placed push at the correct time can create the momentum for a win yet your stats may suck you died early, did very little damage etc, yet your action led to the win that match. So ask yourself now...what is important? The stats on this game are easily manipulated somewhat if you choose to go that route but is it fun? Are you just cheating yourself out of having fun? [edited] the stats dood....pay attention to your most recent damage rate the rest is misleading due to a lot of uncontrollable factors. Personally the match I am in at the moment is the only thing relevant not my past 1-9 tiers which is easily manipulated thru [edited] methods.  Go with your gut instinct and don't hesitate when you see opportunities. Kill em all!

[T8ERS]
Members
40 posts
8,717 battles

If I were you landedkiller I would look for a clan that takes in players that are looking to improve. If clans aren’t your thing check out the you tube or twitch channels for warships. Several very good players there with a lot of helpful tips and guides.

[OO7]
Alpha Tester
6,745 posts
3,490 battles

Your main issue's from ehat I can tell are a low survival rate and low hit percentage.

A replay would help, as other's have said.

My first 2 questions are what aiming reticule are you using, and what ship do you prefer to play the most.

Members
292 posts
2 hours ago, landedkiller said:

Your hit ratio of 24% could be better; slightly below average.

Also using https://na.warships.today/player/1004447193/landedkiller to look at your last 700 games over the last 138 days you have a survival rate of only 7%. This is very low and will reduce your ability to deal damage. You should aim for around a 25% survival rate and keep in mind you can reach around a 60% survival rate at unicum levels of play.

Edited by TheLastReaper
  • Cool 1

[TOG]
Members
2,484 posts
14,997 battles

Looking at your games for the past week,  here's what I see:

1. Your survival rate is 7.94% overall. 

2.  Kill/Death Ratio is 0.3 -  You need at least 1.0 to have an impact on the game

3. Damage output - No consistency

What I see is a case of failing to T10. You haven't got competent of such skills like situational  awareness, map awareness, gunnery and spotting mechanics. Right now you're more cannon fodder than anything else. 

Once one myself, so it can be improved. So here the plan:

1. Go look up "How to Control Your Win Rate" by Little White Mouse in the Game Guide and tutorial Section.

2. Pick a  ship,  Any ship in  tier 4. Get stupidly good in her. You want 54% W/R or better.

3. Once you get good, pick another ship in T5.  Same goal.

Once you start climbing into T6, you'll be pulled into high tier T8-T10. Again same goal 54% or better W/R.

Youtube is your friend. Pick a CC for tutorials and tips. 

4. Think about joining a clan. Helps to have someone you can ask.

• Cool 1

[TASC]
Members
146 posts
5,842 battles

ok so 1  you will need to find how you can live longer. the longer you deal damage the better. , so angling, not fighting you V 3 fights if you can avoid it. 2 get with a clan of some friends and work on ways to kill ships and not take much damage. sometimes you have to bait the shot so a teammate can make the kill. that is great, dead ships are all that matters. my clan has some room and if you want you can run with us and see if we are a good fit. we are working on being better for the next clan wars. let's all get better together. take care sir

[XBRTC]
Members
1,423 posts
7,451 battles

Download MXStat, install it, and use it to process your logs and replay files: https://wows.mv-smirnov.org/en/mxstat/

Export the excel output, making sure you get ALL battles, no filters, and just give us the raw data dump from that.

I'll run it through the processing stuff that I do for our clan players and see if we can get some insights for you.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,329 posts
3,591 battles
3 hours ago, Madwolf05 said:

Your main issue's from ehat I can tell are a low survival rate and low hit percentage.

A replay would help, as other's have said.

My first 2 questions are what aiming reticule are you using, and what ship do you prefer to play the most.

Just switched from type 2 reticle to type 12 static reticle. Japanese Battleships tend to be my main ship I use. Primarily Musashi or Yamato I would say with Republique coming in at a close third.

Beta Testers
1,329 posts
3,591 battles
2 hours ago, LT_Rusty_SWO said:

Download MXStat, install it, and use it to process your logs and replay files: https://wows.mv-smirnov.org/en/mxstat/

Export the excel output, making sure you get ALL battles, no filters, and just give us the raw data dump from that.

I'll run it through the processing stuff that I do for our clan players and see if we can get some insights for you.

Alright I can get that to work. Very good feedback I am reading every post.

[WORX]
Members
1,865 posts
12,918 battles
5 hours ago, landedkiller said:

Well, have you ever thought of making a cruiser or a DD one of your ships you do  more kills in ? All 3 of your must kills ships are BBs which tells me,

1. What class/play styles you love to play,
  2. where you feel comfortable in.

I say improve on cruiser and DD game play since from the onset, you have the BB meta down packed. GL/HF

[XBRTC]
Members
1,423 posts
7,451 battles
7 minutes ago, landedkiller said:

Alright I can get that to work. Very good feedback I am reading every post.

It's a very useful tool, and I've got a spreadsheet set up to crunch the numbers in some interesting ways. We can look at your average survival time per battle both as a raw time and as a percentage of the battle's length, as well as average damage, compare these things in wins and losses, look at them versus potential damage, allllllllllllllllllll sorts of ways that we can fold/spindle/mutilate the data to get some insights into what you're doing and how to do it better. It's pretty easy to see change over time, spikes, streaks, rolling averages, get a picture of how aggressive you're being, etc.

Members
292 posts
5 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Well, have you ever thought of making a cruiser or a DD one of your ships you do  more kills in ? All 3 of your must kills ships are BBs which tells me,

I say improve on cruiser and DD game play since from the onset, you have the BB meta down packed. GL/HF

This is good advice. I know since I started as a BB captain how hard it is stepping out of the comfort zone to something as different as DDs but the moment you figure out the basics of being decent DD player you will become a vastly better BB player as you will know much better how not to end up victim to DD torps.

Edited by TheLastReaper

Beta Testers
1,329 posts
3,591 battles
5 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Battleships like Republique and cruisers Atago I love secondary builds. Feel comfortable around tier 7-8. 

[WORX]
Members
1,865 posts
12,918 battles
7 minutes ago, landedkiller said:

Battleships like Republique and cruisers Atago I love secondary builds. Feel comfortable around tier 7-8. 

That can change, as for me. I like the lower to mid tier torp DDs, the cruisers at mid tier flame throwers, while BBs I m still trying to find one that fits my play style. I think you have to start finding what type of play style you enjoy for all the ship classes. Only then can you have fun AND improve your stats.

Edited by Navalpride33