You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
gillhunter

What ship do you dread being on your team in co-op?

40 comments in this topic

[CIAO]
[CIAO]
Members
382 posts
18,376 battles

I play t6,7,8 DDs a lot. I dread seeing an Atlanta on my team. The green Atlanta’s are usually owned by a inexperienced player that can’t hit anything and the bot Atlanta’s have laser guns. I have taken them down in a DD, but usually take a lot of damage doing it. What’s the ship you dread?

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[T-RIP]
[T-RIP]
Members
1,044 posts
8,082 battles

None, My GK eats everything! lol

• Funny 1

[EQRN]
Members
346 posts
8,973 battles

Bot CVs are pretty predictable in the first few minutes, for example, on Ring, the bot will always send its planes to D (I think it’s D, whatever the “right” side cap is)

Members
1,826 posts
823 battles
2 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

Bot driven cvs.

I have never seen this (up to tier IV), but that would be the worst.

Any of the Japanese DD's.  The bot DD's, with the new kite and hide, are much better for spotting.

[CIAO]
[CIAO]
Members
382 posts
18,376 battles
5 minutes ago, SpudZero said:

None, My GK eats everything! lol

I loves taking down BB’s in my DD’s. Lol

[INTEL]
Members
6,667 posts
25,800 battles

Atlanta by far. Bots play them better than players.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
9,807 posts
7,492 battles

None of them. I even like bot CVs as then my AA spec ships usually have something to do. And when I have Texas, Cleveland or some other AA monster ship, it is hilarious when the red bot CV decides to send every flight after me. :cap_rambo: :Smile_teethhappy:

[T-RIP]
[T-RIP]
Members
1,044 posts
8,082 battles

If I had to actually pic one, it would be the Tirpitz, a Very formidable ship in the right hands even against a tier X.

as anyone can buy one and play it, even if they have no idea how to play a one.

and a division of 3 almost always means a hard carry for the rest of the team lol

[PVE]
Members
9,807 posts
7,492 battles
Just now, SpudZero said:

If I had to actually pic one, it would be the Tirpitz, a Very formidable ship in the right hands even against a tier X.

and a division of 3 almost always means a hard carry for the rest of the team lol

A division of 3 Tirpitz would be devastating in co-op. :Smile_teethhappy: 

With a :bot: it depends on the type of bot you get. :Killer bot: can be a problem. :Dirpitz bot: is no big deal.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,465 posts
11,780 battles
32 minutes ago, gillhunter said:

I play t6,7,8 DDs a lot. I dread seeing an Atlanta on my team. The green Atlanta’s are usually owned by a inexperienced player that can’t hit anything and the bot Atlanta’s have laser guns. I have taken them down in a DD, but usually take a lot of damage doing it. What’s the ship you dread?

To answer your question, Carriers...

To comment on your answer.

62 games in Atlanta, 61 wins. Survived 42 battles. 46k avg damage, highest 111k. Avg dest. Rate 1.6

[VOP]
Members
335 posts
6,832 battles

I dread being a DD on my team. I usually die too quickly but I am getting better. I generally try to eliminate the other dd and that usually gets me offed.

What I dread seeing on my team is a bot CV. -I can depend on nothing from them, no help with cover nor help with spotting the enemy cv...only to be torped by them...sigh.

[ICE9]
Members
844 posts

Carriers, T4-T10, human or AI.

Not really dread per se, more of a nuisance really since I AA spec my whole fleet except certain dedicated brawlers.

[H_]
Members
803 posts

Actually, none.  COOP isn't very bad unless you really don't know what you are doing....  The weird AI changes are a little bizarre (Clairvoyant bots) but, even that isn't too bad either.

Beta Testers
397 posts
3,655 battles

I don't really dread any ships on the AI team as they all sink the same.

I guess you could say I...dreadnaught :cap_cool:

• Funny 1

Members
1,826 posts
823 battles
18 minutes ago, SpudZero said:

Any division makes me nervous at the start.

Members
60 posts
10,644 battles

If you are talking humans and not Bots. I hate taking a new ship I just unlocked in and there are 4 other ships with 100-200+ games in that ship in the match. Always end up on the bottom when trying to figure out how  anew ship works, or the bots adjust to there kill level and you still die. It is just frustrating.

As for bots it is the CV mostly and when not it is the CA/BB. Not that anyone can confirm it, but it does feel like there turrets can work on independent targets at the same time.

[PVE]
Members
5,656 posts
18,247 battles

I play lots of co-op games. Over all my games the three bot ships that always give me the most grief are Graf Zeppelin, Tirpitz, and like the OP says, the bot Atlanta. They really are pretty nasty even when operated by the AI no matter what the class I am playing.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,417 posts
9,606 battles

An AFK Graf Zeppellin... Happened a half dozen times. Those are always human team wipe-outs. In the past, I dreaded seeing Fujin, Kamikaze, and R. In Co-Op, DD ops don't last long, and at that tier, an AI in one of those OP monstrocities results in a lot of losses. Worst case is when there are no cruisers and it dances around the nose of a Kongo or Fuso - which dev-strikes anything coming close.

Edited by AVR_Project

[HSD]
Members
294 posts
9,563 battles

Well for me it's not whatever team mate ship.

It's whatever ship :Borckenhagen: is in, red or green. Strange things happen around that one. At least for my totally scientific, objective, empirical and absolutely sound examination! /s

Seriously though that bot has something weird going on. :Smile_hiding:

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,686 posts
3,832 battles

super fast firing HE spamming ships.

It's horrible having to deal with the hail of accurate bot shots especially on ships with high firing arcs where they can pin point you over an island.

Members
563 posts
2,102 battles

The shokaku that thing is a nightmare to deal with especially since bot carriers hate me and focus me every game.

[WOLF9]
Members
3,256 posts

I say Atlanta, too.  And I HAVE one- and play it there sometimes.  That said, I don't dread seeing it- I'm just annoyed when I do, lol.

A) it's one of those ships that's TOO good when combined with the bot advantages.

B)  The ridiculous rate of fire and DPM means that when it's on your team, you usually lose out damage/kill-wise.   Too often, I see them burn through the reds like nobody's business, leading to a super quick collapse of the enemy team, and low damage/low reward games for much of the team.

C) otoh, if it's being piloted by a twit- or the bots decide it needs to die NOW, it's extreme glassiness makes it go pop! VERY easily.  (seriously, I've never played any other ship that loses modules as fast as this one does...)

I also agree with Graf Zeppelin.   But extend that to ANY of the other OP or wannabe OP botes.   Saipan,  Kaga,  Kamikaze/R;  etc. 

That has nothing to do with the friendly CV, or even with hating CV's. (I don't- I like seeing them, as I play a lot of AA ships!)  It's simply that the advantages of these three carriers are especially obnoxious in the hands of bots.

as for the non CV OP's,  I dislike seeing them because most of the players of such fall into 2 main groups:  Those who have no idea how to play it- and those piloted by unicums and sealclubbers farming Co-op games for ez kills/wins.  (which again leads to crap games and losing credits for most of the rest of the team)

[ARGSY]
Members
6,364 posts
4,293 battles

Not that I play much high-tier co-op, but if there is a Massachusetts on our side it means there's one on theirs, and the secondaries from that thing are wicked. For some reason I find them even more objectionable than the T8 KMS ships.