You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
mundipuddi

Physical Trolling In-Game

23 comments in this topic

[WWJWD]
Members
12 posts
5,883 battles

Can these be fixed?:

1) pushing teammates out into the open so they're killed

2) blocking teammates from shooting lest they teamkill

Does anybody reeeeeally want to keep these in the game?  If so, why?

• Boring 2

[-WPG-]
Members
809 posts
3,352 battles

If it seems intentional, submit a ticket with a replay. Otherwise it's just usually people tunnel visioning and not paying attention. Just part of the game. 

• Cool 2

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
283 posts
4,397 battles

Keep what in the game? 

in my 3k games played....

1) never seen this happening... running into people is annoying and more perilous than helpful.

2) never seen this in random/ranked/clan... I think i experienced this once in co-op.. but that was highly subjective judgement. and hard to remember the specifics. 

• Boring 1

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,455 posts
11,772 battles
2 minutes ago, skillztowin said:

Keep what in the game? 

in my 3k games played....

1) never seen this happening... running into people is annoying and more perilous than helpful.

2) never seen this in random/ranked/clan... I think i experienced this once in co-op.. but that was highly subjective judgement. and hard to remember the specifics. 

I have had my destroyer and British cruisers pushed out of their smoke.

Twice it resulted in me being killed.

Twice I have accidentally shot a freindly that sailed right next to me and turned pink...

It is annoying,  but out of almost 11k battles, under 10 occurences, does not seem game breaking. 

• Cool 3

[POP]
Members
1,165 posts
15,080 battles
27 minutes ago, mundipuddi said:

Can these be fixed?:

Look running into people is always going to happen, blocking team mates again that's always going to happen, as frustrating as it is its part of the game.

I run into islands on a regular basis, hell doing that saved me more times than I can remember but I am not going to argue to have islands removed.

regards    

• Bad 1

[POP]
Members
598 posts
11,999 battles

I got hung on someone from my team after accidentally ramming once. It literally killed me.

[OO7]
Members
2,229 posts
9,732 battles
49 minutes ago, mundipuddi said:

Can these be fixed?:

If you are having this happen more than once in a 1000 games, you're playing the game wrong.  Not saying you need to be unicum, but once you improve to at least average or slightly above average, these occurances will happen far less.

For example, you're probably spending too much time in smoke, which is what noobs do. Smoke ring makes it too easy for ships to get deleted by skilled players that know how to blind fire in smoke, not to mention the fact that they are torp magnets.

If you're being pushed out from behind islands, you're most likely angled sideways in order to get all your guns off, but that leaves you prone to getting citadeled when spotted by aircraft which might be partial explanation for your current performance metrics.

• Boring 2

Members
1,697 posts
7,233 battles
33 minutes ago, Alabamastan said:

I got hung on someone from my team after accidentally ramming once. It literally killed me.

In world of tanks friendly tanks ramming each other take full ramming damage.  You can easily  get your light tank killed by running into friendly heavy at full speed accidentally.  I appreciate that in this game this is not the case, or friendly ships would be taking absolutely devastating damage upon touching each other.

• Cool 1

[ONAVY]
Members
775 posts
6,307 battles

He's touching me ...stop touching me...he won't stop touching me! This needs to be investigated by the supreme court or do what my mom would have said....push em back!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Bad 2

[ICE9]
Members
835 posts

It's pretty rare, and I'm sure a lot is unintentional. People often apologize.

It's a game for humans, and humans screw up.

If you spot an obvious repeat intentional griefer, by all means submit a replay to Support, and go back to having fun.

• Boring 1

[ICE9]
Members
835 posts
1 minute ago, C_D said:

He's touching me ...stop touching me...he won't stop touching me! This needs to be investigated by the supreme court or do what my mom would have said....push em back!

LOL.

• Cool 1

[CUTER]
[CUTER]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,620 posts
8,892 battles

In all my games I think this has only happened to me once or twice. I remember onetime I was in smoke and a BB pushed me out of my own smoke because he was trying to drop off by using my smoke. 

• Boring 1

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,874 posts
12,625 battles

yes report them in a support ticket

• Cool 1

[WWJWD]
Members
12 posts
5,883 battles

Since no one answered the questions and assumed the worst about them: 

Can these be fixed?:

Edited by mundipuddi

[ONAVY]
Members
775 posts
6,307 battles
18 hours ago, mundipuddi said:

Since no one answered the questions and assumed the worst about them: 

Can these be fixed?:

1. How exactly to you expect the physics to work? If I run into you in a dd in my Montana your supposed to be like hitting an Island and not move? No you are going to get the [edited] pushed out of the way sorry...physics 101...big things push little things around.

2. You get in front of my gunz do so at your own risk...if I turn pink because of friendly fire that's on me and friendly fire absolutely should be kept it teaches a person control of one's vessel. Without the element of potential friendly damage all kinds of abnormal and unrealistic playstyles will evolve. Bad enough the way it is with with the over the top gunfire and unlimited torps etc.

• Bad 1

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,848 posts
13,064 battles
23 hours ago, VGLance said:

If you are having this happen more than once in a 1000 games, you're playing the game wrong.  Not saying you need to be unicum, but once you improve to at least average or slightly above average, these occurances will happen far less.

Yeah....in my 12000 games, I can only recall ONE time where someone obviously acted inappropriately in this manner.

Now, I see quite often where folks just bump into one another.  It's part of the game.  And sometimes, if the bump (or collision) is just right, it can take a very long time to extricate from a situation.  This is especially true when two BBs are involved.  Inertia is modeled in the game.  And sometimes, if a BB hits a DD broadside, the DD can be stuck for a long time no matter what the BB captain does.

I've seen folks inadvertently park themselves in a line of fire.  It happens.  Keep in mind that when someone is in YOUR line of fire, that means the ENEMY (they are shooting at) is also along that LOF.  The captain of that ship in front of you probably doesn't even know you're there.  They can't see you.  Of course mini-map awareness is important, but newbies won't be good at that and even veterans (in heated combat) won't notice either.

The "general" rule is the smaller ship gives way.  DD to CA & BB.  CA to BB.  This is a general rule because the smaller vessels usually have better maneuverability to avoid a hit.  It's also general as everyone has a responsibility to keep out of each others way if possible and there are some situations where a larger ship should have the SA necessary to avoid a smaller ship in unique situation. 

But bottom line is 99.99% of bumps and LOF obstructions are just folks either not knowing or not realizing the situation in sufficient time to get out of the way. 

• Cool 1

[NATO]
Beta Testers
1,775 posts
5,809 battles
On 9/27/2018 at 8:33 AM, mundipuddi said:

oh that is so much fun when in a BB and a cruiser parks in front of you.

The bigger IJN cruisers make great meatshields :)

Seriously, if its happened to you and you parked in front of a larger ship, thats on you. If you were there first then shame on them.

Supertester, Alpha Tester
6,041 posts

The way to fix this is through a very technical means called "situatonal awareness".
Drop out of zoom before you fire or look at your minimap. Give your team mates sea room.

Members
132 posts
6,655 battles

Playing RN Cruisers so I see more people  sitting in  my smoke than I  would care to. I generally think  it is intentional since my smoke field is so small.  I wouldn't mind except they always park so that I cant move.  It's annoying.  And yes,  I've been  killed by being  pushed out of smoke.

Edited by Captain_Rawhide

Members
326 posts
31 battles
On 9/27/2018 at 9:52 AM, C_D said:

Yea but you have to get out the ship puppet and have him show you where the bad ship touched him.

Members
18,251 posts
5,219 battles
On Thursday, September 27, 2018 at 9:52 AM, C_D said:

Depending on how you're being touched, and with what, pushing back could send the wrong message......

Members
9,976 posts
On 9/27/2018 at 5:45 AM, dEsTurbed1 said:

I have had my destroyer and British cruisers pushed out of their smoke.

Twice it resulted in me being killed.

Twice I have accidentally shot a freindly that sailed right next to me and turned pink...

It is annoying,  but out of almost 11k battles, under 10 occurences, does not seem game breaking. 

Pretty much this....^

Trolls are everywhere, but I seriously doubt they are attacking so relentlessly that OP can't play the game......

Edited by awiggin
  • Cool 1

[WWJWD]
Members
12 posts
5,883 battles

Can these be fixed?:

1) pushing teammates for a prolonged period of time/distance out into the open so they're killed (ex: larger ship pushing smaller ship *intentionally*, course-correcting, etc while even dragging team down by not shooting the whole game on what looks like a trolling account, etcetc, this latter point made in defense of perceived intention, the event that prompted this thread was a Lyon t-boning my cruiser at quarter-speed while being focused by two bbs, guy just aimed deadcenter into me as I was pulling in behind an island for cover and pushed me back out into the open and kept doing it, course correcting, him not shooting back at enemy, kept pushing me even after I died for a whole two minutes while I sank, then drove around towards the enemy not shooting a single time until the end of the match 5 minutes later, getting the bottom score sub-200 xp points with next ship up over 800.  Does that satisfy any of you yet or is it still whining and "woopsies happen, get over it" and gitgudnoob and "neverhappenedtomesoitdidn'thappentoyou"?  #BELIEVECAPTAINS)

2) intentionally sidling up alongside then grinding and/or blocking teammates from shooting over them lest they teamkill/go-pink (~dodging low-hp teammates driving at you near the end of match when there's no perceptible reason for them to be getting so close...had a few try to grind-out on me with only a sliver of hp left when no one was nearby attacking)

Does anybody truly, madly, deeply want to retain these potential MINOR scenarios and not apply simple patches that add nuanced special-case tweaks to the game mechanics to limit abuse of them in these rarest-of-rare cases?  If so, why?

Edited by mundipuddi