Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ackack47

Copper/Ranked question

13 comments in this topic

[NGAGE]
Beta Testers
281 posts
12,063 battles

Is the only end goal for making Rank 1 to attain copper now?  I used to play Ranked to unlock rare boats but it seems WG put them out for steel and their respective camos for copper.  I suppose my real question is, does this mean the only thing copper will be traded for are special camos?  I have all the XPs (XP/FXP/CXP) and credits I'll ever care for so I don't want more camos.  I've got 3 copper sitting in my inventory and there isn't anything in the Arsenal purchasable yet.

Not to say I'll stop playing ranked, I actually enjoy it.  Tier 9 ranked please!

Edit: I suppose it's too early to know.

[LOU1]
Members
3,832 posts
10,439 battles

The calculations I have seen on the forums show that earning enough Steel for a rare ship will take quite a few years of playing.  I noticed that because it means I will probably never get enough Steel for one of them.  Even an SC only drops 1500 Steel, IIRC.

• Cool 1

[NGAGE]
Beta Testers
281 posts
12,063 battles

Yeah I never counted how much steel you get, I guess that's not bad.  I think I counted 5,600?

[_HW_]
Members
180 posts
4,894 battles

Speaking of copper, I had one copper in my arsenal currency after winning a ranked battle sprint and it just disappeared sometime later.  I never spent it and never saw anything that I could spend it on.  I think it disappeared sometime before the Florins and Silver Coins showed up.  Did they end copper and if so, did I get anything for the one copper I had?

Thanks to anyone who might know something about this.

[PVE]
Members
17,261 posts
10,953 battles
3 minutes ago, Nordlaender said:

Speaking of copper, I had one copper in my arsenal currency after winning a ranked battle sprint and it just disappeared sometime later.  I never spent it and never saw anything that I could spend it on.  I think it disappeared sometime before the Florins and Silver Coins showed up.  Did they end copper and if so, did I get anything for the one copper I had?

Thanks to anyone who might know something about this.

As far as I know, copper is only given for the full Ranked seasons. You can get really good perma-camo with copper and molybdenum (Clan Battles).

• Cool 1

[_HW_]
Members
180 posts
4,894 battles
3 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

As far as I know, copper is only given for the full Ranked seasons. You can get really good perma-camo with copper and molybdenum (Clan Battles).

Interesting.  I did both Sprints during that "season" and made it to Rank One in both sprints, and at the end of one, probably the second one, I got one copper.  This last Ranked battle season I failed to reach rank 12 and get all those flags I wanted.  I was not so interested in the steel and one camo after that, but I really wanted the flags from level 12.  At 13, I was one away and then everything went downhill and I was back at 15.

Still, I had one copper in the Arsenal.  What happened to it?  Should I ask WoW directly?  Maybe they gave me a camo for it at some point and I did not know it.

Thanks for letting me know what I can get for copper and molybdenum.  I appreciate the information.

Edited by Nordlaender
forgot something

[PVE]
Members
17,261 posts
10,953 battles
15 minutes ago, Nordlaender said:

Interesting.  I did both Sprints during that "season" and made it to Rank One in both sprints, and at the end of one, probably the second one, I got one copper.  This last Ranked battle season I failed to reach rank 12 and get all those flags I wanted.  I was not so interested in the steel and one camo after that, but I really wanted the flags from level 12.  At 13, I was one away and then everything went downhill and I was back at 15.

Still, I had one copper in the Arsenal.  What happened to it?  Should I ask WoW directly?  Maybe they gave me a camo for it at some point and I did not know it.

Thanks for letting me know what I can get for copper and molybdenum.  I appreciate the information.

The 10th Ranked Season was the first that gave out copper. It was also issued for past ranked seasons.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/ranked-10/#rewards

None of the Ranked Sprint seasons gave out copper.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/development/ranked-sprint/#rewards

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/development/ranked-sprints-3-4/#rewards

If you don't have any of the special camos for Flint and Black, then I would open a tkt.

• Cool 1

[FML]
Members
3,073 posts
13,099 battles
On 9/27/2018 at 9:54 AM, ackack47 said:

Is the only end goal for making Rank 1 to attain copper now?  I used to play Ranked to unlock rare boats but it seems WG put them out for steel and their respective camos for copper.  I suppose my real question is, does this mean the only thing copper will be traded for are special camos?  I have all the XPs (XP/FXP/CXP) and credits I'll ever care for so I don't want more camos.  I've got 3 copper sitting in my inventory and there isn't anything in the Arsenal purchasable yet.

Not to say I'll stop playing ranked, I actually enjoy it.  Tier 9 ranked please!

Edit: I suppose it's too early to know.

Hi.  Ranking out still gets you 2500 doubloons, which isnt nothing.  Port slots, captain retraining, free XP conversion for new T9 ships etc all make doubloons useful. 

The Copper gets you a special camo for the Flint and the Black.  Its stats are better than the 'base' camo, though personally I prefer the look of the base camos.  

The steel you get from ranking out is material, but really you gain almost as much from getting to Rank 2 - it means that you'll get enough for the Flint after 2 full rank outs plus a bit of change if you use the discount, instead of needing 3 full rank outs to get the Flint.  Similar story for the Black, though it needs what, 4 rank outs if you have a bit of spare steel lying around. 

If you have all the doubloons you need, you dont want the steel ships (incl Bourgogne or Neutrashimy), and you dont want the special mustang/crocodile camo for the Flint or the Black, then there probably isnt much point to playing ranked for the rewards.  

Personally, now that I have my Flint (and its special camo), I only dabble at ranked for some lolkek (played what, 4 battles last season? it was enough).  

• Cool 1

[_HW_]
Members
180 posts
4,894 battles
2 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

None of the Ranked Sprint seasons gave out copper.

Yeah, I played those because I wanted the ten grand coal really bad, and I got them.  The copper thing came from something different, or maybe from the Mighty Prinz campaign or something.  I just know I had one copper in the Arsenal because I tried to see what I could buy with it.  There was nothing for sale for copper.  I did not know about the special camos for Black or Flint.  I have enough steel with the coupon to buy one of them, but I wonder if they are worth it.  I guess I will need to read up on them first.  I need a better tier 9 ship than Jutland.

I will open a ticket just to make sure they did not accidently delete my one copper, although I don't know if it is enough to buy a camo for Flint or Black.

Thanks for all the information regarding what the copper and the steel were for.  That helps me a lot.

Members
913 posts
1,286 battles
2 hours ago, Nordlaender said:

Yeah, I played those because I wanted the ten grand coal really bad, and I got them.  The copper thing came from something different, or maybe from the Mighty Prinz campaign or something.  I just know I had one copper in the Arsenal because I tried to see what I could buy with it.  There was nothing for sale for copper.  I did not know about the special camos for Black or Flint.  I have enough steel with the coupon to buy one of them, but I wonder if they are worth it.  I guess I will need to read up on them first.  I need a better tier 9 ship than Jutland.

I will open a ticket just to make sure they did not accidently delete my one copper, although I don't know if it is enough to buy a camo for Flint or Black.

Thanks for all the information regarding what the copper and the steel were for.  That helps me a lot.

The only way to earn copper is by ranking out in an official ranked season. If you did have 1 piece of copper, it was rewarded to you by mistake if you never ranked out. So if they removed it, they did it intentionally, not accidentally. You need 3 copper to buy one of those camos anyway.

[_HW_]
Members
180 posts
4,894 battles
10 hours ago, USS_Taylor_Swift said:

The only way to earn copper is by ranking out in an official ranked season. If you did have 1 piece of copper, it was rewarded to you by mistake if you never ranked out. So if they removed it, they did it intentionally, not accidentally. You need 3 copper to buy one of those camos anyway.

3 coppers, I see.  Well maybe they took it away after the Ranked Season was over.  I Ranked out in two seasons, but one was called "sprints" and the other was called something else.  I do remember that the copper was awarded for the last rank, and I did get it.  I am not delusional.  It came with one other item as well, but I forgot what it was.  I noticed it was missing when they introduced the new florins and silver coins.  Up to that point, it was just sitting in the Arsenal as the first of my items from left to right.

Members
913 posts
1,286 battles
2 hours ago, Nordlaender said:

3 coppers, I see.  Well maybe they took it away after the Ranked Season was over.  I Ranked out in two seasons, but one was called "sprints" and the other was called something else.  I do remember that the copper was awarded for the last rank, and I did get it.  I am not delusional.  It came with one other item as well, but I forgot what it was.  I noticed it was missing when they introduced the new florins and silver coins.  Up to that point, it was just sitting in the Arsenal as the first of my items from left to right.

From what I'm seeing, you ranked out in 2 seasons of ranked sprint. If that's a mistake and you did rank out in a regular season, I would contact WG about it.

[_HW_]
Members
180 posts
4,894 battles
3 hours ago, USS_Taylor_Swift said:

From what I'm seeing, you ranked out in 2 seasons of ranked sprint. If that's a mistake and you did rank out in a regular season, I would contact WG about it.

I'm not sure how many times I reached Rank One -- at least two times, possibly four, but the first round I did not keep screenshots of it.  I think there was something called Nerves of Steel that I finished and it had a large amount of steel at the end along with one copper tube.  I completed that and I later saw it in my Arsenal, but had no idea what it was for.  I will ask WG about it.  I hope they can resolve it for me.

Thanks to everyone for all the information about copper and what it is for.  I had no knowledge of its purpose, so I appreciate all the information and advice you gave me.

Nord

Sign in to follow this