You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
outwardpanicjoe

Lets talk USS Maryland (fighting Mary)

what do you guys think?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see a tier 6 Maryland prem?

• sure why not!
    • no
    • save the name it for another tier 7 prem?
    • or maybe get a prem camo for the Colorado that is for the Maryland with its name on the stern?

44 comments in this topic

[SF-E]
Beta Testers
999 posts
4,089 battles

if you are going to watch that ^ you might want to put it on 2x speed but it has some good info on the ship.

So anyway  i was think we could spit ball some ideas if Maryland became the tier 6 prem instead of the WEE VEE how would you make it a fun ship at tier 6 to play it doesn't event have to be all that good at tier 6 but i think the important part is that it should be at least enjoyable to play. I know that tier 6 MM isnt the best right now but that is no fault of the ship other tier 6 ships are in the same boat. so post your ideas and comments down below. because if they do end up doing a tier 7 Wee Vee they will still have to balance a tier 6 Maryland first,  I would also hope that this ship would still be an interesting ship to play swell. 

Edited by outwardpanicjoe

[ICE9]
Members
833 posts

I still prefer the A hull for aesthetic reasons. The Tennessees and Colorados were beautiful ships as built.

• Cool 1

Members
594 posts
4,882 battles

I don’t think you need to change much from what WG already has planned. The only change I really care to see is the name. If they do that I’ll be very excited to see this ship come to the game. 

• Cool 3

[-ARP-]
Members
292 posts
13,982 battles
23 minutes ago, Forgottensoldier117 said:

I don’t think you need to change much from what WG already has planned. The only change I really care to see is the name. If they do that I’ll be very excited to see this ship come to the game. 

Agree

[90THD]
[90THD]
Members
2,755 posts
2,067 battles

Maryland for the T6 Premium Colorado Hull with a special Premium camo, it has been brought up in a Wee Vee thread; a camo that's based on the Maryland's Political Tour of the South American. I believe it was quite on the same level as the Great White Fleet camo.

Edited by Hurlbut

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,177 posts
11,693 battles

All this is is a cry and stamp of feet to get a refit west virginia that you will not get.

• Boring 1
  • Bad 3

[SF-E]
Beta Testers
999 posts
4,089 battles
13 minutes ago, Hurlbut said:

Maryland for the T6 Premium Colorado Hull with a special Premium camo, it has been brought up in a Wee Vee thread; a camo that's based on the Maryland's Political Tour of the South American. I believe it was quite on the same level as the Great White Fleet camo.

hmm what kinda of camo did you have in mind? lol it would be kinda cool to have a Maryland flag camo but that might be a bit much lol.

Members
594 posts
4,882 battles
10 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

All this is is a cry and stamp of feet to get a refit west virginia that you will not get.

What crying? People want WV44 in the game for a lot of very good reasons and they are discussing how they would like to see it added to the game. Is that not what forums are used for?

• Cool 1

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,177 posts
11,693 battles

I highly doubt that you want this ship in the game as the Maryland.  You don't care at all, provided there is a path to a 44 WV, that isnt coming.

• Angry 1

[SF-E]
Beta Testers
999 posts
4,089 battles
13 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

All this is is a cry and stamp of feet to get a refit west Virginia that you will not get.

I mean i see no problem in having a the Wee Vee be exactly the same as Colorado is slightly more AA could be like the NY to the Texas im not really looking for a tier 8 Colorado and before ww2 Maryland was a more well known ship due to her Political Tour of the South America. or just give us the Maryland with no West Virginia  at all at least that would make more sense  if they want to use an A hull Colorado anyway.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,177 posts
11,693 battles

I personally prefer the Maryland to the West Virginia.  The crying and gnashing of teeth that people aren't going to get the refit WV is more than a little annoying.  Threads like this are a poorly concealed grasp to not use the name West Virginia.  Nothing more.  None of you /want/ the Maryland.  It's transparent, and embarrassing.

• Bad 3

[90THD]
[90THD]
Members
2,755 posts
2,067 battles
16 minutes ago, outwardpanicjoe said:

hmm what kinda of camo did you have in mind? lol it would be kinda cool to have a Maryland flag camo but that might be a bit much lol.

Battleship_USS_Maryland_BB-46_starboard.

This might be the paint scheme she sported during the South America tour.

Members
2,918 posts
1,365 battles
10 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

I personally prefer the Maryland to the West Virginia.  The crying and gnashing of teeth that people aren't going to get the refit WV is more than a little annoying.  Threads like this are a poorly concealed grasp to not use the name West Virginia.  Nothing more.  None of you /want/ the Maryland.  It's transparent, and embarrassing.

Are you a CV player who is afraid of good usn ships, since youve lost tons of planes to US AAA?

[SF-E]
Beta Testers
999 posts
4,089 battles
3 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

Ok look i do enjoy the Colorado class as a whole and yeah I would like to see a WV in the game also they other ship that where there at pear harbor, Nevada, Maryland, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Tennessee class even the Utah could be a tier 4 prem. But why are you so against the West Virginia being a tier 7 prem ? or even a tier 6 prem if you rather have the Maryland anyway? I'm not crying I'm not yelling I'm just voicing my opinion on these ships. its not like we have a tier 7 BB for the US yet. If it happens it happens if it doesn't it doesn't. I'm just glade i can play the Colorado at all when I first started playing this game.     

[SF-E]
Beta Testers
999 posts
4,089 battles
2 minutes ago, KnightFandragon said:

Are you a CV player who is afraid of good usn ships, since youve lost tons of planes to US AAA?

Hmm i don't think that matters i good CV can get you if they really want to anyway but with the AA and CV changes it might be very different so will see. 

[SF-E]
Beta Testers
999 posts
4,089 battles
12 minutes ago, Hurlbut said:

Battleship_USS_Maryland_BB-46_starboard.

This might be the paint scheme she sported during the South America tour.

hmm do you think that is similar to the great white fleet camo  or maybe its just all white or grey?

[90THD]
[90THD]
Members
2,755 posts
2,067 battles
9 minutes ago, outwardpanicjoe said:

hmm do you think that is similar to the great white fleet camo  or maybe its just all white or grey?

The shading suggest all white except for the rear cage tower (soot). And maybe red below waterline. And black or dark banding of top of both smokestacks.

Edited by Hurlbut

Members
594 posts
4,882 battles
51 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

I highly doubt that you want this ship in the game as the Maryland.  You don't care at all, provided there is a path to a 44 WV, that isnt coming.

If the name isn’t changed how do you expect to get Maryland in the game? If they change name we could potentially see all three Colorado class battleships in the game and I think that would be neat. Honestly I want to see all of the US BBs in the game someday. 

[TF-64]
Members
374 posts
12,803 battles

Actually I do want the MD. I think the CO should become the T6. The MD become the tech tree with the WW2 refit. And the WV post pearl become the T7 premium. The MD post pearl refit was planned for the CO but was never performed due to being perceived unnecessary that late in the war. Well that and the priorities of CVs, transports and other items being ranked as higher needs. I find both the late war WV and MD being quite intimidating to behold. 

Edited by Slightlyaskewed
Also let's add a post Pearl TN at T6.

[S0L0]
Members
878 posts
4,884 battles
1 hour ago, outwardpanicjoe said:

image.thumb.png.009a53cf69cff626fb8a85edf0d8991a.pngimage.thumb.png.cbb141777fe6e45324913f14c3a1fc32.png

More pics of the 1920's version of the Great White Fleet.

I think the detailing around the base of B turret is bunting or flags of some kind, that is the only pic I've seen with it.

Matt

Beta Testers
2,987 posts
4,406 battles

maryland,weevee. i just want to play the damn ship. if she was named susy the giant snail,i would buy it too. 406mm guns that work at tier6 is good to me.

[SF-E]
Beta Testers
999 posts
4,089 battles
29 minutes ago, Slightlyaskewed said:

Actually I do want the MD. I think the CO should become the T6. The MD become the tech tree with the WW2 refit. And the WV post pearl become the T7 premium. The MD post pearl refit was planned for the CO but was never performed due to being perceived unnecessary that late in the war. Well that and the priorities of CVs, transports and other items being ranked as higher needs. I find both the late war WV and MD being quite intimidating to behold. 

true but WG normally names the tech tree ship after the the lead ship of the class tho.

[SF-E]
Beta Testers
999 posts
4,089 battles
18 hours ago, Cruxdei said:

maryland,weevee. i just want to play the damn ship. if she was named susy the giant snail,i would buy it too. 406mm guns that work at tier6 is good to me.

true im sure we will see either ship eventually. and i know you said you where not from here where are you from if you dont mind me asking im a half Panamanian american myself.

Beta Testers
2,987 posts
4,406 battles
7 minutes ago, outwardpanicjoe said:

true im sure we will see either ship eventually. and i know you said you where not from here where are you from if you dont mind me asking im a half Panamanian american myself.

i'm brazilian,and i don't know if i'm half x country or y country so for now just brazilian.

[SF-E]
Beta Testers
999 posts
4,089 battles
Just now, Cruxdei said:

i'm brazilian,and i don't know if i'm half x country or y country so for now just brazilian.

ah cool no problem.