Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SkinnyK

Dasha Perova

38 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
32 posts
5,797 battles

purchased her for the Erie and all i get from her is speaking Russian.. Can anybody tell me how to fix her voice ?

Edited by SkinnyK
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,119
[WOLF9]
Members
9,689 posts
4,290 battles

Nope.  Dasha speaks Russian.

The fix is to learn Russian.

 

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 5
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,949
[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,343 posts
7,940 battles
8 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Nope.  Dasha speaks Russian.

The fix is to learn Russian.

Is easy, comrade. Drink liter of vodka (or quarter gallon in imperialist units). Bingo, you is now understand Russians, and they is understand you!

<side effects may include nausea, vomiting, regrettable decisions, and wearing a fur hat>

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,819
[PVE]
Members
15,225 posts
10,105 battles
44 minutes ago, SkinnyK said:

purchased her for the Erie and all i get from her is speaking Russian.. Can anybody tell me how to fix her voice ?

 

44 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Nope.  Dasha speaks Russian.

The fix is to learn Russian.

 

You can get National voices (see screenshot below), so that the IJN speaks Japanese, KM speaks German, RU speaks Russian, etc. Unfortunately, the Commonwealth doesn't speak in an Aussie or Canadian accent. :Smile_sad:

 

You can not go back the other way and make everyone speak English, except the normal captains. The ARP/HSF/Azure Lane girls speak Japanese and all the Dashas speak Russian. You can get the gist of what they are saying based on what is going on with you starting a consumable, getting set on fire, hearing the torpedo warning, etc.

 

3ZccGFj.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
754
[NWNG]
Members
2,821 posts
4,689 battles
49 minutes ago, vak_ said:

Is easy, comrade. Drink liter of vodka (or quarter gallon in imperialist units). Bingo, you is now understand Russians, and they is understand you!

<side effects may include nausea, vomiting, regrettable decisions, and wearing a fur hat>

Sorry comrade, but I drank a liter of vodka and even after I did not understand Russians nor did they understand me. Should I try for 2 liters?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38
[WOSDS]
Members
38 posts
6,134 battles

How hard would it be to just have a check box that you can turn the native language on or off? For crying out loud!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,819
[PVE]
Members
15,225 posts
10,105 battles
3 minutes ago, Targeted said:

How hard would it be to just have a check box that you can turn the native language on or off? For crying out loud!

There are ways to replace the language files, but it involves modding or changing the game files yourself. For the anime content, I'm sure the contract with the anime in question precludes that for WG. For Dasha, I'm not sure how that would have worked contract wise.

Edited by Kizarvexis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,119
[WOLF9]
Members
9,689 posts
4,290 battles
30 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

You can not go back the other way and make everyone speak English, except the normal captains. The ARP/HSF/Azure Lane girls speak Japanese and all the Dashas speak Russian. You can get the gist of what they are saying based on what is going on with you starting a consumable, getting set on fire, hearing the torpedo warning, etc.

Yes, and to tell the truth, the oddball captains I have, Nelson, Isoroku, and Dasha, I don't mind.  There's enough visual cues that you don't lose much (except with Flooding, which is now pretty much fixed). 

However.  Just in case, I try to keep a significant amount of vodka in the house.

 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27
[ABCD3]
Members
245 posts
6,670 battles

I got her for my Texas BB and she is teaching me, Russian.   When do you get a free language course for free?  

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,119
[WOLF9]
Members
9,689 posts
4,290 battles

I came very close to that matchup (USN cruiser + Dasha) because that version of the girl looks so much like my mom at that age, when she worked in the Pratt & Whitney aircraft engine plant in Wichita.  However, somehow I just couldn't see mom yelling at me in Russian.  (The yelling part is pretty close, though.)

 

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
352
[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
1,717 posts
8,471 battles

Beer, the universal translator.  Unfortunately, it only works when talking to someone in person, and doesn't actually work for recorded voice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
70
[SHAN]
Beta Testers
354 posts

Personally I would like to see all the captains we get speak English with the accent of the nation they hail from. I.E. Russian captains speak English with a Russian accent, French captains speak English with a French accent ect.

 

Cirran

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
863
[WOLF2]
Members
3,413 posts
15,030 battles
16 hours ago, SkinnyK said:

purchased her for the Erie and all i get from her is speaking Russian.. Can anybody tell me how to fix her voice ?

Sounds like marriage … may I recommend fishing or golf?

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,306
[ARGSY]
Members
12,361 posts
7,858 battles
17 hours ago, SkinnyK said:

purchased her for the Erie and all i get from her is speaking Russian..

If you bought her to play in co-op, everything she says is "You filthy cyborg-seal-clubbing SOB."

If you bought her to play in Randoms, everything she's telling you is that there are lifers down there with 4 million XP on their ships and captains, and you are waaaaay behind the eight-ball, tovarishch

:Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
757
[4HIM]
Members
2,429 posts
7,709 battles
19 hours ago, Counter_Gambit said:

Sorry comrade, but I drank a liter of vodka and even after I did not understand Russians nor did they understand me. Should I try for 2 liters?

Just try a cheaper vodka. Then do the Cheeki Briki. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
197
[SIMP]
Members
1,008 posts
9,310 battles
On 9/26/2018 at 4:20 PM, Kizarvexis said:

 

You can get National voices (see screenshot below), so that the IJN speaks Japanese, KM speaks German, RU speaks Russian, etc. Unfortunately, the Commonwealth doesn't speak in an Aussie or Canadian accent. :Smile_sad:

Mate, The best would be Kiwi!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×