Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Captain_Rawhide

Free Experienc to the Minotaur?

37 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

187
[WOLFG]
Members
452 posts

Hi;

I am almost through to the Neptune.  I was thinking I would play it in CoOP long enough to get the B Hull and then Free experience to the Minotaur.  That looks like it will  cost 238,000 free experience.  I have saved  370,000 but it has taken a long time to do it.  I mostly play CoOP.  I have played Minotaur in Space Battles and had allot of fun with it.  

So my question is this.  Is it worth doing it?  I don't have any tier ten ships and I thought it might be fun to have one.  I am sick of putting effort into getting something though and having it nerfed or just outclassed by all the Premiums.  

Thanks for your input.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27,656
[HINON]
Supertester
21,730 posts
15,511 battles

Waste of FXP. Neptune is a good ship.

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,502 posts
10,237 battles
4 minutes ago, Lert said:

Waste of FXP. Neptune is a good ship.

I agree. Neptune is a very capable ship. It's your free xp though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,908
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
22,162 posts
12,386 battles
6 minutes ago, Lert said:

Waste of FXP. Neptune is a good ship.

 

1 minute ago, _Rumple_ said:

I agree. Neptune is a very capable ship. It's your free xp though.

Save that FXP for a ship you just can't wrap your head around and do decent in, for me it was the Izumo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,193
[FML]
Members
3,052 posts
13,073 battles

I was going through a massive losing streak when I was grinding my Neptune. I’d agree with the others and say stick to it. Don’t be afraid to put camos that give XP that you’ve earnt (eg, via the UK event) plus XP flags on to help the grind go faster. And consider doing randoms - at least for the first win of the day. 

 

Save the free XP for reward ships like the Nelson or Jean Bart - you won’t (likely) regret it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,986
[A-D-F]
Members
2,000 posts

The beauty of Neptune, is at least in randoms, people overlook you in order to kill the machinegun colon-rectal cancer that is the Minotaur. Now since you are playing mostly Coop, your results will differ, but Neptune is a good ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,881
[INTEL]
Members
7,277 posts
31,411 battles

Save it and grind. I have and like both, but spending that much FXP strikes me as wrong. Collect more to get an FXP-only ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26
Beta Testers
47 posts
2,984 battles

I find that using free XP to unlock ships is very counter-productive.  I use free XP to unlock modules once I get a new ship.  This way I don't have to do battles with a sub-par ship, and all the grinding I'm doing for the next one will be with a fully upgraded ship.  Another use of free XP that I find useful is going through the first few tiers of a new line I want to start to save me  a bunch of annoying low tier battles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,193
[FML]
Members
3,052 posts
13,073 battles
1 minute ago, 2Zons said:

I find that using free XP to unlock ships is very counter-productive.  I use free XP to unlock modules once I get a new ship.  This way I don't have to do battles with a sub-par ship, and all the grinding I'm doing for the next one will be with a fully upgraded ship.  Another use of free XP that I find useful is going through the first few tiers of a new line I want to start to save me  a bunch of annoying low tier battles.

 

1 minute ago, mohawkdriver said:

Minotaur is worth it, but I don't know if I would blow all my free XP on it.

I also agree with these posts (sorry out of pos rep for the day)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
153
[AAA]
Members
811 posts
9,632 battles
13 minutes ago, pinkship9001 said:

I wouldn't waste the free xp. I kept my neptune and play it more still than I do the minotaur. It's the best AA ship in the game.

I’m very curious how AA ships will work with the CV rework. Based on what I have read American and high tier RN cl will be beyond OP to planes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
197
[-K-]
Members
875 posts
8,713 battles

 The Neptune outs an awesome vessel. It is one of the best T9 cruisers that there is.

Play it out id say as its a lot of fun, but in the end its your free xp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27,656
[HINON]
Supertester
21,730 posts
15,511 battles
3 minutes ago, wstugamd said:

Based on what I have read American and high tier RN cl will be beyond OP to planes

I wonder where you read that, since they haven't even started on AA vs plane balancing yet for the CV rework ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,136
[N-W-T]
Members
1,892 posts
7,492 battles

Play it in arms race, at least until it's fully upgraded. Faster than coop. Arms race doesn't affect stats. I'm playing my iowa exclusively in arms race until it's upgraded. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
12 posts
13 battles

I skipped like half way through to the Minotaur with free exp because the Neptune was really annoying to play after i went through the Edinburgh (got deleted by 1-2 salvos way too often, didn't happen with the Edinburgh that much). But i can't say that it was worth it and i have to agree with 2Zonssaving the free exp to research modules on new ships is way better than skipping a ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,103
[CHASE]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,947 posts
11,460 battles
1 hour ago, pinkship9001 said:

I wouldn't waste the free xp. I kept my neptune and play it more still than I do the minotaur. It's the best AA ship in the game.

 

not anymore, even worcester's base aa is better, but it's the second best tied with montana (better long range, but 50 less dpm overall compared to monty)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
94
[BLAZE]
Beta Testers
126 posts
4,134 battles

The Minotaur is a lot less attractive of an option these days now the Worcester is here. The problem with the mino is it can only fire AP, while it's semi-armour piercing, when you consider the Worcester can just spam HE and do a massive amount of fire-damage, people tend to value the Worcester more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
0
[ASHIP]
Members
7 posts
4,063 battles

I couldn't play the neptune, i free xp pass it and got the mino and i don't regret it, its my highest earner and a very fun ship to play, takes some getting use to and its very special in a sense. ( know your surroundings )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
458
[NUWES]
Members
2,545 posts
8,064 battles

I did not like Neptune at all. Mino is much better. Neptune is not a terrible ship, she is just worse at doing Brit CL things on her tier than Edinburgh and Mino are on theirs. Neptune's detection is poor by Brit CL standards. Her turret layout is better than Mino's though. That being said I would not FXP to Mino especially if it is that hard to come by for you. Save it for a FXP ship that you like. Time will get you to Mino and while I didn't like my time with it, it is far from a bad T9. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
443
[WOLFX]
Members
855 posts
3,746 battles
5 hours ago, Captain_Rawhide said:

Hi;

I am almost through to the Neptune.  I was thinking I would play it in CoOP long enough to get the B Hull and then Free experience to the Minotaur.  That looks like it will  cost 238,000 free experience.  I have saved  370,000 but it has taken a long time to do it.  I mostly play CoOP.  I have played Minotaur in Space Battles and had allot of fun with it.  

So my question is this.  Is it worth doing it?  I don't have any tier ten ships and I thought it might be fun to have one.  I am sick of putting effort into getting something though and having it nerfed or just outclassed by all the Premiums.  

Thanks for your input.

 

 

Well you may be disappointed in the mino, she has seen better days. Her glory days was before the smoke changes, because stealth firing was taken away...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×