You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
HeartlessAngeI

Repair on in the Daring. Too much? Or no

Repair on the Daring. Yay or Nay   

18 members have voted

This poll is closed for new votes
  1. 1. Did you think the Daring was strong enough before being giving the repair

• Yes
    • No

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/01/2018 at 01:30 AM

11 comments in this topic

[-TDF-]
Beta Testers
5 posts
2,561 battles

Personally I think the Daring has a little too much going for it. Rest in peace shimma captains.

[SIDE]
Members
1,250 posts
8,868 battles

Unless you've actually tested and played the ship, including players being able to get their hands on one, the value of this survey is suspect, at best. I mean really, how do you know if it's too strong or not?

Edited by _Rumple_
  • Cool 1

[-TDF-]
Beta Testers
5 posts
2,561 battles

I don't. I'm just going by what I've seen in game, it's just my opinion. I'm not asking for it to be changed just wondering what people think of it 

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,933 posts
7,508 battles

To be honest, repair on DD's is only useful if, and I stress if, the driver in question is afforded the chance to cut bait and get to somewhere they can repair. DD's are small, HP gets eaten up very quickly once they get focused.

My thought is that very good DD drivers benefit from RP, the average DD driver really doesn't. So, since Daring would already be strong in the hands of really good drivers, it really doesn't change anything. For the average DD driver, having a few extra HP isn't going to suddenly allow them to grossly affect the match, so again, it really doesn't change anything.

[-TDF-]
Beta Testers
5 posts
2,561 battles
11 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

To be honest, repair on DD's is only useful if, and I stress if, the driver in question is afforded the chance to cut bait and get to somewhere they can repair. DD's are small, HP gets eaten up very quickly once they get focused.

My thought is that very good DD drivers benefit from RP, the average DD driver really doesn't. So, since Daring would already be strong in the hands of really good drivers, it really doesn't change anything. For the average DD driver, having a few extra HP isn't going to suddenly allow them to grossly affect the match, so again, it really doesn't change anything.

I agree with you that there will be potato's who will die to alpha after being spotted by radar. My argument is that a good player will be able to use every single repair and that gives the Daring effectively 35kish health which is a lot for a destroyer. They can also heal off a torpedo hit, something that would cripple almost any other destroyer. Not to mention they have hydro so chances are torpedo won't hit them and even if they do they can repair torpedo damage. I've fought them in the gearing and it's tough, they have better dpm and detection and that's before they even had the heal. In the hands of a good player this destroyer will be extremely strong in my opinion.  

Disclaimer I have not played the Daring but I keep up on news about it and have seem them in game my fair share of times. This is all just one man's opinion 

Members
1,327 posts
501 battles

how can ANYONE say that the think it WAS strong before heal when hardly ANYONE has one??? and going y what you see in game???
Not enough to go on at all... this really was a waste of time..

DDs are as string as the captain driving them.... not the enemy getting shot by them... or the team mate watching them...
THe poll can only be answered by players that have it....
Just sayin....confirmation bias by anyone answering that does not have one is going to skew this poll...

• Bad 1

[AAA]
Members
427 posts
5,434 battles

With few exceptions dds get their damage from torps. Having only 10 km torps with all the radar makes a repair party necessary on about all dds. I have been playing Lightning a good bit. I’m cautious. I feel the map out. I only have 8 km torps. At some point I have to close and I get hit with unseen radar boat pretty frequently and I have to bail out taking damage on the way. No speed boost. Repair will allow anyone that can break contact to heal up

• Bad 1

[DRACS]
Members
3,504 posts

I'm on the fence. Heals are always strong on DDs, for obvious reasons. That being said, Daring only has two of them with the premium consumable, which means that Superintendent is highly encouraged. But unlike, say, the Grozovoi, the other consumables on Daring don't benefit that much from it. It already has six smokes, and a seventh isn't really needed.

It has great concealment, but it cannot attack other DDs with HE except with IFHE, and depends on it's great AP to attack DDs that show broadside. In fact, the ONLY purpose of HE on this thing is to set fires. And given an 8% fire chance on six guns that fire every 2.5 seconds, it does this very very well.

So ... yeah. Not sure. Daring kinda needed something, but I can't say if the heal makes it balanced or maybe a little OP.

[AXANR]
Members
3,363 posts
16,656 battles
On 9/26/2018 at 11:53 PM, wstugamd said:

With few exceptions dds get their damage from torps. 

[laughs in gunboat DD]

Torps are where DDs get high-alpha. However, on most of my DDs I get as much or more damage from my guns as I do my torps, and on German and Russian DDs in particular I get more. If you're depending on your torps for all, or even most of your damage in anything but IJN mainline DDs, you're doing it wrong. 

[AAA]
Members
427 posts
5,434 battles
15 hours ago, poeticmotion said:

[laughs in gunboat DD]

Torps are where DDs get high-alpha. However, on most of my DDs I get as much or more damage from my guns as I do my torps, and on German and Russian DDs in particular I get more. If you're depending on your torps for all, or even most of your damage in anything but IJN mainline DDs, you're doing it wrong. 

Russians have dds? I thought they were cruisers!

touche. Depends on which line you play. 

Ive mostly played the American/Asian and mostly as torp botes but RN dds have helped me learn to use guns more effectively on all dds.

im avg 100 gun hits a game now but torps still rack up the damage for me but that’s mostly at bbs in smoke and I get a lot of shatters. Great games I get fired to stick 

Edited by wstugamd