You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
nubswon

RANK IS BROKE/ GET RID OF THE STAR

12 comments in this topic

[TF57]
Members
1,264 posts
3,934 battles

I found an easy method to avoid the frustration of ranked

...I don't play the mode any more

• Cool 4

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,686 posts
9,083 battles
2 minutes ago, Slumlord_Cheeto said:

I agree, they need to fix the star system. 

The star system itself is probably fine but how you get and lose them needs to be changed. It has been suggested by many people to base gaining and losing stars on base experience instead of winning and losing. That reduces the impact of the team and gets rid of gaining a star on poor performance.

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts
24 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

The star system itself is probably fine but how you get and lose them needs to be changed. It has been suggested by many people to base gaining and losing stars on base experience instead of winning and losing. That reduces the impact of the team and gets rid of gaining a star on poor performance.

It also [edited] over DDs, who often determine games, but get low XP because their role is poorly rewarded, and, damage farming > *

• Cool 3

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,686 posts
9,083 battles
3 minutes ago, w4spl3g said:

It also [edited] over DDs, who often determine games, but get low XP because their role is poorly rewarded, and, damage farming > *

I was specifically responding to fixing the star system. In the few tier 8 matches I played before I walked away there were not many DD's and they did well on experience so that must be a tier 10 problem where the matches have more DD's diluting the available spotting & capping experience.

[CTF80]
[CTF80]
Members
4,229 posts
10,558 battles

Unable to conceive progressing in Ranked given the current frustration I feel when I almost get there, then lose a star.  

• Cool 2

[SOUS]
[SOUS]
Members
41 posts
2,342 battles
44 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

I was specifically responding to fixing the star system. In the few tier 8 matches I played before I walked away there were not many DD's and they did well on experience so that must be a tier 10 problem where the matches have more DD's diluting the available spotting & capping experience.

Seems to me basing the star on experience means that damage farming will always get a star and any non-fire spam cruisers or DD need not apply.

Members
5 posts
13 battles

Maybe ranked is not broken and you can't reach higher ranks because you aren't good enough? Just a theory.

• Bad 1

[DETN8]
Beta Testers
763 posts
5,973 battles
2 minutes ago, Sidian42 said:

Maybe ranked is not broken and you can't reach higher ranks because you aren't good enough? Just a theory.

Coming from someone with only 13 battles, 10 of which are co-op battles. What do you know of ranked??

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,686 posts
9,083 battles
24 minutes ago, KidDiscordia said:

Seems to me basing the star on experience means that damage farming will always get a star and any non-fire spam cruisers or DD need not apply.

There are many problems with the current Ranked system and I was addressing only one of those problems which is likely one of the major reasons that people do not play Ranked. With the idea I brought up even though they are not rewarded as well as other ships if a DD player plays well they will advance.

6 minutes ago, Bronco said:

Coming from someone with only 13 battles, 10 of which are co-op battles. What do you know of ranked??

I would bet money they are a reroll with that kind of average damage.

Members
5 posts
13 battles
12 minutes ago, Bronco said:

There is more than one server, you know? And you have to do at least 10 battles to be able to post here afaik. Unless they changed that recently.

But it's still true that i don't know about ranked. I played it for 10 matches and didn't like the 7vs7 aspect at all. And it doesn't help that the OP just said "NUFF SAID" while it's clearly not enough information on what is wrong in their opinion. But in most cases of these complaints about ranked, especially if the player complaining isn't very good, it's a matter of player skill, not a matter of the game mode. A ranked mode would be bad if just anyone was able to reach higher ranks. I often wonder how certain people even manage to get to rank 10 based on how they play.

Edited by Sidian42
  • Bad 1