You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
HeartlessAngeI

Small Gearing buff idea defensive AA and speed boost

5 comments in this topic

[-TDF-]
Beta Testers
5 posts
2,561 battles

First things first, I will admit the gearing is definitely not a bad ship. The introduction of the Daring and the Grozovoi buff are the reason I'm writing this. Defensive AA was supposed to be the US destroyer gimmick and I find my self hardly using it because giving up speed boost is such a trade for a consumable that you may use only once every 3 or so games. There are other ships with speed boost and defensive AA so why can't the USN DDs who are supposed to be the AA DDs have speed boost and defensive AA at the same time? I see no reason why not, it would allow them to still have an advantage over the Daring and other DDs and give the USN line something unique that I could actually use without sacrificing my acceleration and speed that the gearing desperately needs. 

Edited by HeartlessAngeI

Members
362 posts
5,184 battles

Gearing would get a large improvement if they ever were to update the model, not make it so fat (it should be as thin as the Yueyang), and lower the draft a bit. As it stands, Gearing eats so much unnecessary damage due to how fat it is.

[-TDF-]
Beta Testers
5 posts
2,561 battles

Agreed. I won't deny she's still a great destroyer but adding the Fletcher torps did little to help some of the previous issues. The introduction of the Daring is somewhat replacing the Gearing. I haven't forgotten about those Shimma players either, I feel bad for those guys. 

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
1,059 posts
9,376 battles

It is a bit slow...its been power creeped some...but a good boat, still see a ton in CWs

[DRACS]
Members
3,504 posts

Gearing is still a very good boat. Although fixing her modeling would help some. Although don't expect that to happen any time soon.

Honestly, there are other tier 10 DDs that need more help than Gearing. Gearing is still very competitive.