Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
icyplanetnhc

Matchmaking should balance the disposition of radar ships in Ranked

6 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
352 posts
1,803 battles

I finally ranked out this past weekend, and from my observation, I think the matchmaker can do a better job in ensuring a more balanced disposition of radar between teams. For instance, matchmaking can try to ensure that the delta of radar capable ships between the two teams does not exceed one. Vision control has been a huge factor in ranked matches, and in cases where one team has all the radar vessels, capping and map control can become exceedingly difficult.

Many have complained about ranked being unduly “grindy”, and I think the matchmaking arbitrarily assigning radar ships contribute to players feeling that the match is out of their control.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
74 posts
10,087 battles

Radar can be so unbalanced that I leave the ranked battle que if 2 or 3 cruisers are present.

If figure only 2 cruisers = 50% the 1st two in line both have radar or both dont. That means 50% they are unbalanced...... leaving a 25% chance I have a 75% chance of my team losing.

 

Then I remember the MM hates me & buff that 18.75% chance  to 31% chance of cant-do-anything-about-it losing</sarc

Edited by teleStraightShooter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
620
[TF57]
Members
1,264 posts
3,933 battles

If radar is so easily played around (like the forums claim)

then

there is no need to balance radar between teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
352 posts
1,803 battles

Yes, I’m aware that I’m repeating an oft-repeated topic, but Ranked makes the problem more acute, especially at Tier 10 and with fewer ships on each team. In this environment, team synergy because even more important and when player progression is tied to winning, I think the matchmaker can be written in a way to prevent lopsided team compositions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×