You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ramsalot

19 point captains

31 comments in this topic

Members
1,697 posts
7,233 battles

I thought it would be cool to put them all together, I got 21 so far.  Captains with unique names don't get a rank for some reason.

TrgPxC8.jpg

• Cool 2

Members
1,697 posts
7,233 battles
12 minutes ago, BoondockTaints said:

I win.

I don't know, I do have a much better guys to girls ratio among my captains. :cap_cool:

• Funny 1

Members
326 posts
31 battles
2 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

I don't know, I do have a much better guys to girls ratio among my captains. :cap_cool:

Anyway you look at it, it is a giant sausage fest lol. 

[-AF-]
Beta Testers
115 posts
2,064 battles
15 minutes ago, BoondockTaints said:

I win.

unknown-1.png

Is there a reason why Raymond Laroche, has 2 entries as commander of the Henri IV? And you've 2 commanders for the Kutuzov?

That's what jumped out at me while browsing..

[KENT]
Members
54 posts
366 battles

I have about 10 16-18pt commanders and these guys :D

fVmMSrflmxE.jpg

Edited by RU_Chanderlin

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,023 posts
3,512 battles
19 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

I don't have proof of this at the moment (not on a computer with the game installed) but I have a better Male:Female ratio than you, at 1:1. Just ignore the fact that I only have 2 19-point commanders.:cap_haloween:

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,804 posts
10,590 battles

Not as many as the OP and that other guy but not bad for a Co-op player. Got a whole bunch at 15-17 pts to finish up.

j39VkEb.jpg

[NDA]
Supertester
4,840 posts
13,786 battles

There are 23 Elite Commanders in the Sinksalot Fleet. 
With 3.1+ Mil Elite Commander Exp in the bank. 

:cap_cool:

[PVE]
Members
9,568 posts
7,466 battles

This type of thread is why I plan on making 2019 The Year of the Captains for me. I have a 16, two 15s, a 14, a 13, and two 11 pointers I would like to make 19pts by Dec 31st 2019. I only have one 19pt captain now.

9NPvxpT.jpg

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,023 posts
3,512 battles
6 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

This type of thread is why I plan on making 2019 The Year of the Captains for me. I have a 16, two 15s, a 14, a 13, and two 11 pointers I would like to make 19pts by Dec 31st 2019. I only have one 19pt captain now.

9NPvxpT.jpg

YAY, I have more of something, than someone who has played more battles, that makes me better than you:cap_haloween:

Even though I cannot get images, I should still mention my two 19 point commanders:

Rokuro Kinjo: Harugumo
Akeno Misaki: Kitakaze

[PVE]
Members
9,568 posts
7,466 battles
3 minutes ago, Counter_Gambit said:

YAY, I have more of something, than someone who has played more battles, that makes me better than you:cap_haloween:

Even though I cannot get images, I should still mention my two 19 point commanders:

Rokuro Kinjo: Harugumo
Akeno Misaki: Kitakaze

:Smile_teethhappy: :Smile_honoring:

Better keep it up as I'm trying for 7 more in the next 15 months. :Smile_izmena:

Use the Windows Snipping Tool in the Windows Accessories folder in the Start Menu. If you are on Mac, you are on your own you heathen. :Smile_teethhappy:

This is Window 7, but it works on Windows 10 as well.

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,023 posts
3,512 battles
1 hour ago, Kizarvexis said:

Use the Windows Snipping Tool in the Windows Accessories folder in the Start Menu. If you are on Mac, you are on your own you heathen. :Smile_teethhappy:

This is Window 7, but it works on Windows 10 as well.

I am unable to get the images, because I am currently on a computer that does not have the game installed. Won't be able to get the images until some time after 8pm my time (1 hour 30 minutes from now).

[PVE]
Members
9,568 posts
7,466 battles
5 minutes ago, Counter_Gambit said:

I am unable to get the images, because I am currently on a computer that does not have the game installed. Won't be able to get the images until some time after 8pm my time (1 hour 30 minutes from now).

Ah, sorry about that. :)

[WOLFB]
Members
450 posts
3,836 battles
2 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

This type of thread is why I plan on making 2019 The Year of the Captains for me.

A couple months back I decided to double down on grinding my first 19 point commander. At the time I thought I would never be able to get one. So I read the girls, asked some questions and did some math (spreadsheets!).

I realized that even with a modest average Base XP (average of 1,000 or so) that if you use a good camo, add the Equal Speed Charlie London and Zulu Hotel flags and use all the special signals that boost XP and commander XP you can consistently get 10-20 thousand commander XP per game.

You can get the XP for a 19 point commander in not less than 125 games. Of course retraining your commander for each ship will add to that, but I like playing new ships. But you're probably starting with an 8 or 10 it 12 point commander already.

125 games is not so many. It would be a lot faster with Premium time too. I've been strategically planning when I use the free Premium time from Operations, Public Test play and Ranked.

I'm already well into a 17 points after just a couple months of focussing of on one commander.

So take heart! It's not as big a deal as it seems once you figure it out, focus on just one commander and use all your camos/signals.

God speed!

Members
706 posts

I have just 4 (USN BB, RN BB, RN CL, MN BB) however I have enough EXP to take another from 16pts to 19pts which I will do once the RN DD's drop and I assign them a ship, and this week I am going to also make a big dent in the EXP needed to take another RN DD commandeer from 10pts to wherever, again ready until I assign them a RN DD, and IF I have enough time or impetus I have some USN hovering around 15 & 16 pts.

[PVE]
Members
9,568 posts
7,466 battles
2 minutes ago, Jester_of_War said:

A couple months back I decided to double down on grinding my first 19 point commander. At the time I thought I would never be able to get one. So I read the girls, asked some questions and did some math (spreadsheets!).

I realized that even with a modest average Base XP (average of 1,000 or so) that if you use a good camo, add the Equal Speed Charlie London and Zulu Hotel flags and use all the special signals that boost XP and commander XP you can consistently get 10-20 thousand commander XP per game.

You can get the XP for a 19 point commander in not less than 125 games. Of course retraining your commander for each ship will add to that, but I like playing new ships. But you're probably starting with an 8 or 10 it 12 point commander already.

125 games is not so many. It would be a lot faster with Premium time too. I've been strategically planning when I use the free Premium time from Operations, Public Test play and Ranked.

I'm already well into a 17 points after just a couple months of focussing of on one commander.

So take heart! It's not as big a deal as it seems once you figure it out, focus on just one commander and use all your camos/signals.

God speed!

Oh I know. I have a 19pt captain on Des Moines from the grind from New Orleans to Des Moines (~2 months in PvP) getting ready for the US cruiser split. I will do some PvP grinding,  but a lot of co-op grinding.

I want to get the following captains to 19pts by Dec 31st, 2019 (15 months);

16pt NC captain going to be permanent on Iowa.

15pt John Doe captain who is going to be permanent on Montana.

15pt Yamamoto captain (Nagato) who is going to be permanent on Yamato.

14pt Gneisenau captain who will be permanent on Große Kurfurst.

13pt DoY captain who will be permanent on Conqueror.

11pt Shchors captain who will be permanent on Moskva.

11pt Richelieu captain who will be permanent on Republique.

I want to get the following permanent captains to 10pts as well, so I will have a LOT of Cmdr XP grinding for the next 15 months.

9Cleve B/U perm cpt
9New Orleans
8Balti Seattle perm cpt
7Leander
9Budyonny
8Bayern
6La Galissioniere
6Nurnburg
6Dallas
6Pensacola
6Fushun
8Perth
6Cesare
6Duca D'Aosta
6Blyskawica
7Normandie
8New Mexico
6HSF Graf Spee Thea

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,023 posts
3,512 battles
43 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Ah, sorry about that. :)

You're good. Thanks for the video though, even though I am likely never going to use that tool, still nice to know how it works.

[PVE]
Members
9,568 posts
7,466 battles
2 minutes ago, Counter_Gambit said:

You're good. Thanks for the video though, even though I am likely never going to use that tool, still nice to know how it works.

You are welcome. It is really useful to save the end screens on really nice games. 

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,023 posts
3,512 battles
22 minutes ago, Jester_of_War said:

God speed!

The problem: It can quickly get boring playing just one commander.

Also you forgot to mention this: Jump commander around his trained ship, and premium ships of same nation (even if it is not the same ship type), for the lovely first win bonus. YES, A Commander trained on a DD should still be put into a battleship, or Carrier... on second thought don't do that with premium carriers...

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,023 posts
3,512 battles
Just now, Kizarvexis said:

You are welcome. It is really useful to save the end screens on really nice games. 

I just screenshot them. Going through steam single push of a button, and boom, screenshot saved. If I need to edit the pictures (to prevent name-n-shame) photoshop or equivalent is my go to. Also used Photoshop to play a game Shogi over the internet one time, because using that method allowed us to take our time with our move selection, where doing it in an actual online-site for it, we would feel rushed. I believe the longest without a move being made was 5 days... and wow I went off on a tangent.

ANYWAY: If things go as planned, I shall maintain a 1:1 male:female 19-point commander ratio, until I run out of female commanders. When this happens, do not know. My current plan, is to finish grinding out the USN Cruiser lines to tier 10, and get all other ship lines across all nations, to tier 5 (not counting premium ships of course).

[WOLFB]
Members
450 posts
3,836 battles
54 minutes ago, Counter_Gambit said:

Jump commander around

Yes definitely. But for those who haven't gotten into this yet, I'd like to offer a word of warning:

There is a hangup to using Premiums to train commanders. It's not really much faster. Because you have to wait for the battle to end before you can put the commander into a new ship. At which point you can just play the commander in that same ship again.

Premium ships are great because they have Premium camo (it's permanent --free done you've already bought it -- and it gives an XP bonus) and you can get one single extra First Win Bonus out of them (I think First Win Bonuses are overrated).

Butif you have a commander in a high tier tech tree ship, dropping it into a low tier Premium for training is probably not worth it. If you can put good bonus camos on that tech tree ship it will make more XP at the higher tier. And almost all the bonus camos have better bonuses than The camp on Premium ships.

I was all excited to get my first Premium and I totally didn't think through the thing about having to wait for the battle to end. It was a bit of a downer.

That's why I like to grind more than one commander at a time 

Also: Premiums often cost money. A lot of money. Do your research before you buy a video game boat.

That said I love all the Premiums I've bought. And pro tip: Sims and Atlanta have a built in XP bonus to the base XP. Which is very helpful because that multiplies all the other bonuses.

Edited by Jester_of_War
  • Cool 1