You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
KamiSamurai

0.7.10. Public Test Bug Reports

51 comments in this topic

[ZR]
Beta Testers
1,134 posts
12,723 battles

Greetings Captains!

The 0.7.10 Public Test is now starting, so please provide any bug reports you may encounter here. 

Please also check out Wacko's little guide on how to report a bug here: 

Spoiler

If you're fairly certain you've encountered a bug, we'd like to encourage you to submit it to the Game Support section of the WoWS ticket queues, within section where bugs are asked for, or to create a post within this sub-forum.

Remove your mods and try again before sending in a bug report as mods tend to be the culprit. 

I do ask that you please provide any and all information that you can when reporting an issue. 

Something that I have noticed that really helps in tracking this sort of thing is if you fill out the following information: 

Issue: This is where you should explain the problem that you're having.

Expected Result: Tell us what should be happening.
How to Replicate: Give us examples on
 how to reproduce this bug.
Screenshots/Replay/Supporting Info: Screenshots and Replays go a long way, so having this ready to go will really help. 

Just some friendly reminders of what a bug is NOT:

An aspect of game design that you disagree with ("This ship needs to be buffed" "That ship needs to be nerfed" "The ocean is the wrong shade of blue")
Items that you feel are missing from your account (almost always this is a problem with your payment method for premium stuff or an interface confusion for the rest)
Historical Inaccuracies
Issues related to your installed mods. - Remove your mods, if you gave any, and try again before sending in a bug report as mods tend to be the culprit.
We reserve the right to add to this list :trollface :

Forgot to mention, Remove your mods and try again before sending in a bug report as mods tend to be the culprit. 

For each report please attach the python.log file from your Public Test client. That will help us to better understand the nature of the issue you're experiencing.

If possible, it would be perfect if you could attach our Special Public Test version WGCheck tool report ( you can find the tool attached to this message). 

You can find the instructions on how to use that tool here(instructions are given for the live server, however, they will be identical to Public test)

Spoiler

Below I have included a download link to our WG Check tool. This diagnostic tool can be used for World of Tanks, World of Warships, and World of Warplanes.

This tool can be used as a way to run a diagnostic check on your game client, check to see if you're missing any game files (it will try and repair them if possible), and to gather necessary information our support team might need to address any tech/bug related issues. 

Once you have downloaded it, open the zip file and run the WGCheck.exe. After it has launched, please select the World of Warships icon and locate its directory. The default location is **C:\Games\World_of_Warships**

- Check the box labeled, *Add game client to the firewall exceptions*.

- Check the box labeled, *Extended network diagnostics*.

- Start the integrity check by selecting the orange *Start Diagnostics* button.

Be patient, it will take some time to finish.

In many instances, this should repair or at the very least diagnose what issue you may be having. 

If it doesn't resolve your issue, then I would like to ask that you please submit a support ticket to our CS team and please send us the WGCheck log that generates after the program has completed its check.

If the file size is too large for the support system, you may have to place it within a .zip file.

Lastly, if you have any mods installed on your PC, please remove them and run the check tool again (check your game client as well to see if removing the mod helped) before sending your info to us here in support. 

WGCheckQA_EN.zip

[TWICE]
Members
1 post
3,794 battles

I was playing the lexington, and one of my dive bombers suddenly froze. It stopped responding and just stopped in the middle of the air. I am unsure how to show you my python.log

[ZR]
Beta Testers
1,134 posts
12,723 battles
42 minutes ago, Rowain said:

I was playing the lexington, and one of my dive bombers suddenly froze. It stopped responding and just stopped in the middle of the air. I am unsure how to show you my python.log

You can just link your python log here. Thanks!

[-TRM-]
Members
2 posts
4,809 battles

I am unable to login.  I have played on the Public Test before and am using the same email and password I use on the Game Centre and I can login to regular game but I am getting a "email or password incorrect" message on the test server login.  I didn't play in the last update but I definitely did in the one before.  My game client is all up to date for the PTS, I just can't log in.

Any advice?

ugh, double post, what a noob, sorry

Edited by Drumbeat
such a noob I hit post twice

[-TRM-]
Members
2 posts
4,809 battles

I am unable to login.  I have played on the Public Test before and am using the same email and password I use on the Game Centre and I can login to regular game but I am getting a "email or password incorrect" message on the test server login.  I didn't play in the last update but I definitely did in the one before.  My game client is all up to date for the PTS, I just can't log in.

Any advice?

[APCR]
Members
33 posts
7,316 battles

So in the opeartion Saving Trans., the gun sound on blade will not be affected by my setting of gun firing volume. 

Also, can we get halloween 2017 port? It is good. 

[SAA-3]
Members
6 posts
116 battles
3 hours ago, OSY_UD_IX_Moon16 said:

Also, can we get halloween 2017 port? It is good. 

Yes, please bring back the Halloween 2017 port :Smile_great:

[-BZ-]
Members
39 posts
2,687 battles

video here:    https://youtu.be/lJIlE7ThmpM

if a sub is involved in a RAM,  it will freeze the game and task manager is required to restart it.  

I attempted to view the last surviving ship,  and was unable.   i tried SHIFT to switch from free cam to last ship,  no go,   clicking LMB and RMB, no go,  so i left the battle.   only to have all my options frozen

WoWS_report.wgc

Edited by CapStar362
added WC Report File

[KRB]
Members
1 post
2,198 battles

On the Shimakaze, the default (non-premium) Smoke Generator I consumable only has 1 charge instead of the 2 it should have. The premium Smoke Generator II has the correct number, 3. 

World of Warships 9_27_2018 7_43_46 PM.png

[SANK]
Members
127 posts
4,795 battles

Playing the sub in the new scenario, torpedo 1 became locked even with one line green. I could not fire the one green, I had to keep waiting for the second one to load before I could fire.

And game froze after i was killed. I was the last one alive.

Edited by Billy2Hawks
Extra data

[KENT]
[KENT]
Beta Testers
3 posts
3,035 battles

Bug: In the Horror of the Deep blue see operations you can not spot the Castle

Appropriate result: Approaching the Castle at any angle should allow for the castle to be spotted.

Bug replication: From spawn head up the 3 and 4  line heading north. once past the larger Island turn in. even when you are right on top of the castle it won't let you spot it. 

I was at periscope depth and then surface in order to try to spot it and it would not allow me to. it was not until i started to sail away to complete the other tasks that the castle came up out of the ground from were the skull is.  

Note: I accidentally deleted the screen shot of me right at the castle when i was drawing the arrows on the map. so I attached the replay. hope you guys can figure it out. 

World of Warships Screenshot 2018.09.28 - 01.24.14.96.png

World of Warships Screenshot 2018.09.28 - 01.31.55.38.png

20180928_011235_PXSS107-Mina-Hurray_e04_Halloween_2018.wowsreplay

python_2.log

python.log

python_1.log

[STW-A]
[STW-A]
Members
3 posts
12,869 battles

First time playing PTS, and got some what major issue.

Battle mode, Co-op, random, operation were shown all the time but rank battle button will appear / disappear after battles.

Other one is for Halloween operations it would be ok one battle then battle button will gone grey / unclickable with error message, "you need to join division to play" when move mouse over.  Exit game and restart will not fix the problem, but may be fixed after play a Co-op game, but only works for 2 or 3 more operation before "need division to play" issue occurs again.  See attached picture.

python.log

bug710.jpg

Edited by Wise_Dragon

[STK]
Members
51 posts
5,117 battles

The Submarine's captain cannot be assigned back to the submarine if sent to reserve, nor can I recruit a new captain by doubloon/credit/free (returns a transaction error). This made me not able to play the Holloween event at all.

I had selected torpedo armament expertise skill then I felt that it does not have effect on the submarine's torp reload. So I decided to remove the captain and check. It does have no effect on its torp tubes. And by then I found that I cannot assign the captain back to the submarine, the game told me it is a different nation's captain. I then tried to recruit a new one but the game returns with a transaction error. Now I am stuck and is unable to play the submarine at all. OMG, I was so wanted to try it out. I hope you can fix this.

Barracuda.png

Edited by Judadiao
attach screenshot
  • Angry 1

[SOUS]
Members
9 posts
12,332 battles

When playing the operation "Horror of the Deep Blue Sea," I could not get my sub (Barracuda) to target any of the enemy vessels, and therefore I was unable to get an aiming line for my torps.

python.log

[ARP2]
Beta Testers
11 posts
2,333 battles
On 9/27/2018 at 1:50 PM, Rowain said:

I can confirm this bug occuring on my Lexington's AP bombers. On phone right now so I'm not able to upload anything. Here are some details:

The bombers freeze(the individual planes are literally stuck in position, not hovering) after dropping bombs. The squadron can still spot until dead, but will not move or respond to any orders. AA and enemy fighters can attack the squadron. After a stuck squad is killed, you can issue orders to deploy a new squad. However, no planes will deploy from the carrier, though an icon representing the squad will pop up right over the carrier (and remain stuck like the squad was before). This effectively removes the AP bombers from the field after 1 use.

Edit: Here's the python.log and report.

python.log

WoWS_report.wgc

Edited by AoSApocalypse
Added python.log and Added WGCheck Report

[SF-E]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
177 posts
7,821 battles

Not a bug per se, but I like the red line for my aiming. Nice addition! Could we have an option to have the same red line on the mini map? Your aiming direction is the hardest thing to see on the minimap.

Thanks!

[STW-A]
[STW-A]
Members
3 posts
12,869 battles

WG developers:

Really like to test out the sub for 2018 Halloween event.

BUT I SIMPLY JUST CANNOT DO IT

Second post for the error of "complete mission only in div bug".  As you need 5 stars from 2016, and 2017 operations to unlock other subs you just have to try and grind 5 stars.  But with the bug there is not the question I can joining many teams to get it, BUT I cannot even play!!!

We need someone to take a look into this matter, get it fix soon, or I'm stuck in port staring only!!!

shot-18.09.29_19.19.34-0993.jpg

shot-18.09.29_19.19.45-0149.jpg

shot-18.09.29_19.19.51-0685.jpg

python.log

[5563]
Members
82 posts
14,150 battles

It took 2 tries to get the client to start.  Then I managed to have 2 battles before the client froze.  I only started tonight.   Not sure what caused the freezing. . . .

[CLAN]
Members
5 posts
8,785 battles

Opened clan chat but unable to minimize or close it. Unable to pull log files at the moment, just an FYI

[ONAVY]
[ONAVY]
Members
315 posts
9,916 battles

Every time I connect to the PTS, I can't open a chat window, can't open the clan server to accept an invite, can't get out of I division I formed in one game because the 'chat server not available, we are working on it'.

Now I can't fight battles because I am stuck in a division and can't exit out of it.

[WORX]
Members
1,850 posts
12,893 battles

Just a visual bug in the Barracuda (Sub) torp aiming  visual. I was able to fire even when the torp aiming indicator cone was at yellow not green. So far, that has been one of many  confusing aspect of the sub interface but firing torps when the indicator is not green. that needs to be looked at.

Edited by Navalpride33

Members
1 post
61 battles

I am unable to login.  I have played on the Public Test before. A popup arise saying that there are technical issues. I attached the screenshot with the problem.

error_entrar_Pt.thumb.png.7860611903613f6eca6f80d4ca368cbb.png

Edited by SirGargol

[WBK]
Members
63 posts
2,314 battles

I got into a weird state where the UI wasn't accepting mouse clicks. After a Ranked battle where I lost, I could not dismiss the screen where I lost the star by clicking on close, I had to hit escape. After that, I could not change tabs on the report. The Tab key would select Return to Port or Battle On, but I could not click them, only hit return. I could not even exit the game. Eventually I had to kill it in the task manager.