Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
bsbr

Jolly Roger flag

14 comments in this topic

Members
171 posts

Is it true this rank season is last season to get Jolly Roger flag? I’m disappointed if true. WG should not hide Jolly Roger flag behind arbitrary wall. They need to award it some other way.

• Cool 1

Members
171 posts

Why are they changing this? Is it because rank won’t be same anymore after this season?

[-WPG-]
Members
808 posts
3,352 battles

I think normal ranked will continue to be largely the same. The blitz thing is a one-off, "ranked lite".  WG has never said why they were removing the jolly roger, or what the other "commemorative awards" are.   I think it's dumb, too. It's a small symbolic award for an often frustrating grind.

I didn't have a T10 last season, and don't have the will to go through the stress of ranked to get it this season, so looks like i won't be getting one either. 

• Cool 1

[UEFN]
Members
389 posts
11,721 battles

what so special about that flag? it gives zero bonus...and it's so small nobody could really see it on your ship anyway.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[SCCC]
Members
208 posts
11,931 battles

What they should have done is have a flag with cumulative befits.  For example, rank out once get the "once" flag with 1% credits, 1% capt exp, 1% xp.  Do it it twice and get 2% of the above etc....  That would give people more reason to continue playing ranks, especially since you no longer get much for flags etc like you used to.

• Cool 1

Members
1,697 posts
7,233 battles
27 minutes ago, Xcalib3r said:

what so special about that flag? it gives zero bonus...and it's so small nobody could really see it on your ship anyway.

It ain't that small :cap_cool:

OxyWOAz.jpg

• Cool 2

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,414 posts
9,542 battles

Oh that is too bad. That was the main reason I ranked out the first time. Now I just play until I get to the edge of frustration. 

[UEFN]
Members
389 posts
11,721 battles

after over 10K battles in randoms/cw/ranked i have ZERO recollection on what flags my team mates or red teams have mounted on their ships.  LOL   Cool camo are easy to spot, flags and signals....no.

[FML]
Members
1,767 posts
10,138 battles

I fly my Jolly Roger flags as a warning to the enemy that I might just be good enough to kill them, despite my awful positioning, low HP, broadside, guns pointing the wrong way whilst doing strong torpedobeats without support on the flank that has been overrun and on the team that collapsed after 4 mins. 

Sometimes, it’s even true! 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Members
1,697 posts
7,233 battles
10 minutes ago, Xcalib3r said:

after over 10K battles in randoms/cw/ranked i have ZERO recollection on what flags my team mates or red teams have mounted on their ships.  LOL   Cool camo are easy to spot, flags and signals....no.

Well, I am not running any XVM-like mods (or any mods for that matter), so I make it a point to check what flags ships in my visual range have.  I have spotted quite a few players this way with flags that stand out and indicate them as above average, and I adjusted my play accordingly to provide extra support and rely on smart(er) play from such players.

Members
43 posts
9,834 battles
6 hours ago, bsbr said:

Is it true this rank season is last season to get Jolly Roger flag? I’m disappointed if true. WG should not hide Jolly Roger flag behind arbitrary wall. They need to award it some other way.

Exactly! There no reason to remove it! Even though it's just a flag and it has no cumulative benefits, I still think It's a nice reward to have because for me it give myself a sense of accomplishment. Plus, it's a warship game so who wouldn't want a classic Jolly Roger pirate flag for their ship?      

Edited by USAPatriotGamer

Members
855 posts
3,587 battles
5 hours ago, UltimateNewbie said:

I fly my Jolly Roger flags as a warning to the enemy that I might just be good enough to kill them, despite my awful positioning, low HP, broadside, guns pointing the wrong way whilst doing strong torpedobeats without support on the flank that has been overrun and on the team that collapsed after 4 mins. 

Sometimes, it’s even true! 

Best thing I have read on these forums in a while...... 

• Bad 1

Sign in to follow this