Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Goliath654

Minor resolution problem

9 comments in this topic

[RQL]
Members
134 posts
6,137 battles

Soooo I got this nice 43" 4k monitor and it makes the game look super good when im rolling it stock, however it messes with my aim in world of warships and actually makes everything feel like its going in slow motion. So my question is, do any of yall know how to fix that without messing with the resolution and making the game look like pixilated garbage.

Thanks.

Members
326 posts
31 battles

I recently upgraded to a 43" 4k monitor as well. First thing I did was turn off antialiasing, at 4k resolution you don't need it and it frees up a huge amount of horsepower for graphics processing. Turn off Antialiasing and see what it does for you. 

Members
326 posts
31 battles

Also I would check your monitors properties to see if you are getting 4k at 30hz or 60hz. Most video cards do not have HDMI 2.0 so they will not outpt a 4k signal at 60hz only at 30hz. I had to get a Display port to HDMI cable that was certified for 4k 60hz before I got it to work right on my computer.

At 30hz the game looked great in port but when everything was moving it looked terrible, like what you were describing. Once I got to 60hz the game runs silky smooth.

[RQL]
Members
134 posts
6,137 battles

I dont have an issue with jerkyness or anything my FPS is still solid at over 60.
Its like if you use the static crosshairs my typical aimpoint on a cruiser is 10 but with this new monitor I have to now aim with the 17, and when I'm moving around I dont feel like I'm doing 43knts I feel like I'm doing 20knts.

Members
326 posts
31 battles
11 minutes ago, Goliath654 said:

I dont have an issue with jerkyness or anything my FPS is still solid at over 60.
Its like if you use the static crosshairs my typical aimpoint on a cruiser is 10 but with this new monitor I have to now aim with the 17, and when I'm moving around I dont feel like I'm doing 43knts I feel like I'm doing 20knts.

SO the in game FPS doesn't mean anything. Go to your desktop, right click and hit the display tab. Go to advanced display settings and look at the display information screen. You should see a link there that says Display adapter properties, click on the monitor tab and it will tell you the type of display and it's screen refresh rate.

I suspect when you check it will be 30 hertz. Which could account for some of the symptoms. 

Members
326 posts
31 battles
9 minutes ago, Goliath654 said:

says im pulling 60hertz.

Sweet so we can rule that problem out. As for the aim point I thing you will have to adjust. With the static cross hair if the flight time of the shell is 8 seconds the rule is Battleships x1, Cruisers X1.5, Destroyers X2. So a Battleship use the 8 tick mark as the aim point. For cruisers it would be the 12 tick point, destroyers it would be the 16 tick point. Those calculations are for a ship going 30 knots in a strait line of course. 

Are you sitting the same distance to the monitor that you were with your old one? I found I had to move my desk back about an extra three feet.

[RQL]
Members
134 posts
6,137 battles

I am bout give or take the same distance as before, as for the UI I have that scaled appropriately or as close as I'm gonna get it for the time being. as for the aim thing when I changed monitors in the past I had to re-learn my aiming point but it wasn't this extreme especially with DD's I literally dont have them in view in some cases to hit them, the only way I can think to fix this is use that dynamic crosshairs and that for me is gonna be a completely different problem.
I know if I change the resolution manually it fixes the aiming problem pretty quickly it just makes the game look like pixilated garbage.

Sign in to follow this