Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Mono_De_Mantequilla

Two Carrier Troubles

7 comments in this topic

Members
302 posts
4,484 battles

I am relatively new to playing aircraft carriers, just Langley and Hosho so far.  I have been enjoying them and doing all right, except when there are two carriers per side in the battle.  In most battles where it has just been one carrier per side I have done well and won.  But in almost every battle with two, my side has lost.  I cannot always blame the Tier V carrier for not pulling his weight (though that has certainly happened), because I also seem to have trouble getting much done.  What should I be doing differently?  What are some of the secrets/tricks/tips you folks use to succeed when facing multiple carriers?

As I said it has only been Tier IV/V matches with my Langley and Hosho so far, though I have just finished training up the captain for Bogue, and Zuiho's is on the way.  Each carrier captain (I still have the Tier IVs) is 11-points, with ASE, DFE, TA, TAE and AS skills.  I have not encountered any Tier VI who can strafe and manual drop, but I figure to get into such a situation as soon as I start playing Bogue in randoms.

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,851 posts
12,584 battles

Practice in co op! A lot! Oh yea and did I mention Practice in co op! A lot!

• Cool 1

[SW]
Beta Testers
1,890 posts
8,233 battles

visit my youtube channel and watch the carrier videos, otherwise PRACTICE a lot

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
8,241 posts
17,239 battles

What they said thirded...

(spoken as someone with over 2,500 cv co-op battles.)

Also; there’s a little tab along your line of attack on the attack commit circle, (the circle around a target, beyond which you ca no longer change your attack.)

If you don’t already know about it, you can right click and hold on that, and drag it around to change the direction you attack from.

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
1,344 posts
9,536 battles
2 hours ago, Mono_De_Mantequilla said:

I am relatively new to playing aircraft carriers, just Langley and Hosho so far.  I have been enjoying them and doing all right, except when there are two carriers per side in the battle.  In most battles where it has just been one carrier per side I have done well and won.  But in almost every battle with two, my side has lost.  I cannot always blame the Tier V carrier for not pulling his weight (though that has certainly happened), because I also seem to have trouble getting much done.  What should I be doing differently?  What are some of the secrets/tricks/tips you folks use to succeed when facing multiple carriers?

As I said it has only been Tier IV/V matches with my Langley and Hosho so far, though I have just finished training up the captain for Bogue, and Zuiho's is on the way.  Each carrier captain (I still have the Tier IVs) is 11-points, with ASE, DFE, TA, TAE and AS skills.  I have not encountered any Tier VI who can strafe and manual drop, but I figure to get into such a situation as soon as I start playing Bogue in randoms.

WIth 2 CV's, best you can do is communicate as well as you can with the other CV on your team, as probably the weaker CV, you're probably looking at piling your fighters on top of whatever your teammate is engaging, or keeping your fighters in a position to interfere with a CV snipe.

Sounds like you're going about it right. Can't have too much practice in Co-op, and once you get to tier VI and are somewhat comfortable in them, run the Operations where you can, You'll get to make a lot of drops v/s some high AA ships, good credits and XP, in a nicer environment than random.

At some point there's gonna be a rework that's been previewed, and everything will get turned upside down and otherwise screwed up, and if we're lucky, eventually playable.

Members
302 posts
4,484 battles

I have practiced enough in co-op to research all the planes and the B-hulls before I started randoms in the carriers.  Co-op works fine for me.  And as I said, when I am facing only one carrier on the enemy team I do quite well in randoms also.  It is when I face two enemy carriers that I don't seem to do as well as I would like.  You only get one enemy carrier in co-op, so no amount of additional co-op practicing will help me there.  So what I would like are recommendations on things that I should do differently when playing in a multi-carrier battle than when playing in a single-carrier battle. 

Members
302 posts
4,484 battles
2 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

spoken as someone with over 2,500 cv co-op battles

I have seen you in your Langley or Hosho once or twice.  I will occasionally take Tenryu or Kuma into co-op battles just for a relieving spate of bot-killing.  :Smile_Default:

Sign in to follow this