Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_Dracarys

LOL they gave up on league of seawovles

14 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
821 posts
6,190 battles

from 7.11 dev update: "One of the special features of this sprint season is that it’s going to be shorter than the main season. The Sea Wolves league will not be available"

honestly not being able to play league of seawolves is kind of sad. I ranked out only 2 times so far, but was unable to get into a single LoS game. IMHO just make the rewards more lucrative or accessible and the rank 1s will flood this league. Everyone on winning team gets a container, or top 4 players on both teams get a container. Those of us who are farming coals and flags will love it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
746
[POD]
Beta Testers
3,004 posts
4,451 battles

now maybe  i can rank out with my okhotnik and okt rev. sicne this ranked season is designed for new playahs,the rewards might be nerfed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LHG]
Members
1,659 posts
4,931 battles
26 minutes ago, _Dracarys said:

from 7.11 dev update: "One of the special features of this sprint season is that it’s going to be shorter than the main season. The Sea Wolves league will not be available"

honestly not being able to play league of seawolves is kind of sad. I ranked out only 2 times so far, but was unable to get into a single LoS game. IMHO just make the rewards more lucrative or accessible and the rank 1s will flood this league. Everyone on winning team gets a container, or top 4 players on both teams get a container. Those of us who are farming coals and flags will love it.

Ok, no need to panic. 

This "Ranked Sprint" season does not replaced the normal seasons of Ranked Battles.  Those will remain the same and you should still be able to rank out and be a sea wolf in them. 

The "Ranked Sprint" season is designed to allow mid-tier players which have been excluded from normal Ranked competition by the recent Tier 10 requirements to participate in a Ranked competition.

"Ranked Sprint" seasons will be much shorter and will use Tier V vessels. Since this is sort of a "Ranked Junior" approach, people who rank out in this mode will not enter the Sea Wolves league which is reserved for those Ranking out in normal Ranked Battles. 

It's all there in the news bulletin everyone, just need to read what's released a bit more thoroughly.  

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
97
[FAILD]
Members
427 posts
1,608 battles

Since it is tier 5 I might actually play Ranked if I'm not in the middle of a job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
821 posts
6,190 battles
2 hours ago, BB3_Oregon_Steel said:

Ok, no need to panic. 

This "Ranked Sprint" season does not replaced the normal seasons of Ranked Battles.  Those will remain the same and you should still be able to rank out and be a sea wolf in them. 

The "Ranked Sprint" season is designed to allow mid-tier players which have been excluded from normal Ranked competition by the recent Tier 10 requirements to participate in a Ranked competition.

"Ranked Sprint" seasons will be much shorter and will use Tier V vessels. Since this is sort of a "Ranked Junior" approach, people who rank out in this mode will not enter the Sea Wolves league which is reserved for those Ranking out in normal Ranked Battles. 

It's all there in the news bulletin everyone, just need to read what's released a bit more thoroughly.  

im down to play more ranked if it gives steels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
94
[SCCC]
Members
208 posts
11,974 battles

I'm pretty sure there has never been a battle in the LOS beyond the first week of the first ranked season it was available on the euro server. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
269
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
1,711 posts
8,143 battles
11 hours ago, BB3_Oregon_Steel said:

Ok, no need to panic. 

This "Ranked Sprint" season does not replaced the normal seasons of Ranked Battles.  Those will remain the same and you should still be able to rank out and be a sea wolf in them. 

The "Ranked Sprint" season is designed to allow mid-tier players which have been excluded from normal Ranked competition by the recent Tier 10 requirements to participate in a Ranked competition.

"Ranked Sprint" seasons will be much shorter and will use Tier V vessels. Since this is sort of a "Ranked Junior" approach, people who rank out in this mode will not enter the Sea Wolves league which is reserved for those Ranking out in normal Ranked Battles. 

It's all there in the news bulletin everyone, just need to read what's released a bit more thoroughly.  

Big question is, if you already participated in normal ranked battles, will we still be able to participate?

My Texas Hungers and i still have a Bogue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
60
[TNG]
[TNG]
Members
284 posts
15,165 battles

League of Seawolves is already a non factor anyways....there is never anyone in que. .  i’d like to know the just how many actual LOS games were played last and this season.  They need to revise the rewards in LOS, or make it a coal & oil grab.  I’ve ranked out the last 3 seasons in a row and have only played 1 game in LOS- due to not enough players.      I’ enjoy competing against the highly skilled players who rank out. The 5-2 bracket and ranking out makes you a better player. 

It would be fun to play against those skilled players and get some decent rewards in LOS. WG needs to do something different or just stop advertising LOS alltogather. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,021
[ARGSY]
Members
6,364 posts
4,293 battles
18 hours ago, _Dracarys said:

honestly not being able to play league of seawolves is kind of sad.

In a shortened, special season of Ranked, this is sort of understandable. I'm looking forward to it; it'll be the first Ranked season I've ever taken part in, or have the ships for, in which I have a chance of going all the way to the top.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LHG]
Members
1,659 posts
4,931 battles
9 hours ago, Crokodone said:

Big question is, if you already participated in normal ranked battles, will we still be able to participate?

My Texas Hungers and i still have a Bogue.

Yes, the bulletin indicates it's open to anyone with a T5 ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
269
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
1,711 posts
8,143 battles
20 minutes ago, BB3_Oregon_Steel said:

Yes, the bulletin indicates it's open to anyone with a T5 ship.

Perhaps this is an attempt to give players steel outsideof super containers. I know after reaching rank 15 or 14 i received a small quantity of steel; i want to say 400 but i really dont remember.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LHG]
Members
1,659 posts
4,931 battles
Just now, Crokodone said:

Perhaps this is an attempt to give players steel outsideof super containers. I know after reaching rank 15 or 14 i received a small quantity of steel; i want to say 400 but i really dont remember.

I'm not sure what the rewards would be, however I wouldn't expect them to be as great as those for the more traditional Ranked Battles.  I'm kind of looking at this event as "Ranked Junior" which allows you to play in divisions and is open to more new players.  If it's successful, I see normal Ranked becoming a perpetual high tier event, maybe exclusively for Tier X ships (though maybe some forays into T8 or T9 land).  

Ranked Junior will be for all those mid tier players that want some competitive form of gaming but don't have the right tier of ship to play in a traditional Ranked environment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
269
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
1,711 posts
8,143 battles
Just now, BB3_Oregon_Steel said:

I'm not sure what the rewards would be, however I wouldn't expect them to be as great as those for the more traditional Ranked Battles.  I'm kind of looking at this event as "Ranked Junior" which allows you to play in divisions and is open to more new players.  If it's successful, I see normal Ranked becoming a perpetual high tier event, maybe exclusively for Tier X ships (though maybe some forays into T8 or T9 land).  

Ranked Junior will be for all those mid tier players that want some competitive form of gaming but don't have the right tier of ship to play in a traditional Ranked environment. 

Or a competitive tier10 or 19pt captain; Both require a significant investment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,481 posts
2,336 battles

Off Season Ranked should be interesting. I believe they also mentioned that taking part in it will also affect your placement next season? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×