You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
CTMAADawson

44K Free XP. What to buy?

14 comments in this topic

[SPV]
Members
52 posts
1,811 battles

Should I get the Independence CV, New Mexico BB, or Farragut DD? Alternatively, I could invest in a new Nation's tech tree.

[SC]
Members
1,577 posts
10,017 battles

I wouldn't use them at all unless it's to upgrade a hull. Best to hoard free XP for when you really need it or for premium ships you can purchase with it down the road.

• Cool 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
1,541 posts
7,555 battles

44k isn't that much... Keep it for hull and gun upgrades once you grind to the next tech tree ship.

Unless you are going to skip over Karlsrugh.  In that case, do it. :Smile-_tongue:

Edited by OtterWolf

[INTEL]
Members
6,666 posts
25,791 battles

It is not much at all.

FXP is best used not to jump ship but to upgrade stock ships. Some stock ships are awful until upgraded.

If you do not have any pressing use for it, then keep collecting, aided by flags/camo to get to 750k and be able to buy special ships.

• Cool 1

[SPV]
Members
52 posts
1,811 battles
6 minutes ago, alexf24 said:

It is not much at all.

FXP is best used not to jump ship but to upgrade stock ships. Some stock ships are awful until upgraded.

If you do not have any pressing use for it, then keep collecting, aided by flags/camo to get to 750k and be able to buy special ships.

750k is a long way from 44k. I'm a pretty new player and All I have is T5 ships. Not the best for grinding. Thus why I asked which T6 to buy.

Members
54 posts
2,689 battles

Emerald to Leander might be worth the jump if you have ssues. The T6 Farragut is a good ship to get in my opinion.

Edited by wkcw1

[VW]
Members
1,947 posts
12,499 battles
1 hour ago, CTMAADawson said:

Should I get the Independence CV, New Mexico BB, or Farragut DD? Alternatively, I could invest in a new Nation's tech tree.

Save 706k and get mushy or krohn or wait for alaska/ jean bart.

[INTEL]
Members
6,666 posts
25,791 battles
51 minutes ago, CTMAADawson said:

750k is a long way from 44k. I'm a pretty new player and All I have is T5 ships. Not the best for grinding. Thus why I asked which T6 to buy.

Yes it is a long way. What's the hurry?

You should not jump to higher tiers while you may be unprepared for said tiers.

T5 is tough for some ships (esp. light cruisers) as some of the time MM is not kind, and puts you with T7 BBs. T6 is no better as you will often see T8 (not to mention the costs go way up and you will need to keep a healthy balance of credits just to function at high tiers).

What lines to pursue? Depends on what you like. I personally prefer DDs but have gone along every tree (nation) and every class, except CVs which I dislike. When I was at T5 I  was not in a hurry to go up, especially as Atago came on sale for the first time (way back) and I got it. Lovely ship, but showed me how unprepared I was for T8. So I kept it in port for a long time until I was comfortable playing the tier with tree ships that I progressed to naturally. Jumping, especially when you are not familiar with medium and high tiers is a bad idea, for you and for your team.

[WORX]
Members
1,875 posts
12,936 battles

instead of grinding out lines for free XP, play ships you love to play and earn you as much free XP as possible. I dont recommend spending free XP in the lower/mid tiered ships. I do recommend skipping from tier 8 to 10 if you don;t like to grind. That is the only exception to use free free XP.

[VVV]
Members
359 posts
2,271 battles
1 hour ago, OtterWolf said:

Unless you are going to skip over Karlsrugh.  In that case, do it. 

I found the Karlsruhe to be okay. Save it to pass the Nurnberg quicker. Please. That bote is horrible. It's somehow worse than the Konigsberg, while being an "upgrade" from it.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
1,541 posts
7,555 battles
17 hours ago, AtlanticRim said:

I found the Karlsruhe to be okay. Save it to pass the Nurnberg quicker. Please. That bote is horrible. It's somehow worse than the Konigsberg, while being an "upgrade" from it.

LOL, to each their own, I guess...  I kept the Nurnberg, it's now got an 18 point captain, and I use it a lot for Scenario missions.

[VVV]
Members
359 posts
2,271 battles
10 hours ago, OtterWolf said:

LOL, to each their own, I guess

For some reason, I did really like the Konigsburg, but hated the Nurnberg, but I'm just weird.

[-TRM-]
Members
59 posts
4,331 battles

I would not use it and hoard for a t9 premium-especially Musashi currently.  I am currently sitting on 973k and I still grind stock upgrades 9/10 times.  That way I can get a new high level premium free xp ship when it drops.  Only ship I free xped is Emerald as it is a shitbox that destroyers can citadel.  If you must do one do the New Mexico, it is a monster of a BB at tier 6.  Will also teach you how to score citadels and properly angle.  Get the hull first.  Then also buy the range mod to extend range.  If anything free xp the hull.