You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
shadowsrmine

I Just Heard A New One

25 comments in this topic

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,041 posts

Hope you'll  find this as Pricelessly  amusing as I Did and do:Smile_facepalm:  Someone in game just announced he was wondering whether I was a  Bot  because  a  BB  came up 'Behind'  my HSF  Herakaze  and I only Only fired her Gun's Not  Torp's:Smile_amazed::Smile_medal::Smile_teethhappy:   Now I admit  am a  little embarrassed  that I was'nt watching the Minimap closely enuff that he caught me by surprise from behind:Smile_facepalm:  Dumb !!!     However thinking a  DD  could send torp's at ship's  'Behind Her'  and you've made it too tier 8?!?!?!?!:Smile_honoring:  Oh and a  Long standing  issue that keep's  coming up   people that think this  o7   is Only a guy Saluting with his Left Hand..........................Is serving our country  'That Much of a rarity that they don't know/can't figure out that's a Person Facing You Saluting?    Oh man what has our country come too:Smile_sad:

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
9,547 posts
7,456 battles
6 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

Hope you'll  find this as Pricelessly  amusing as I Did and do:Smile_facepalm:  Someone in game just announced he was wondering whether I was a  Bot  because  a  BB  came up 'Behind'  my HSF  Herakaze  and I only Only fired her Gun's Not  Torp's:Smile_amazed::Smile_medal::Smile_teethhappy:   Now I admit  am a  little embarrassed  that I was'nt watching the Minimap closely enuff that he caught me by surprise from behind:Smile_facepalm:  Dumb !!!     However thinking a  DD  could send torp's at ship's  'Behind Her'  and you've made it too tier 8?!?!?!?!:Smile_honoring:  Oh and a  Long standing  issue that keep's  coming up   people that think this  o7   is Only a guy Saluting with his Left Hand..........................Is serving our country  'That Much of a rarity that they don't know/can't figure out that's a Person Facing You Saluting?    Oh man what has our country come too:Smile_sad:

o7 if it is facing you, then it is his/her left hand. If you are looking from behind then it would be the right hand. 

So is being called a bot, mean that you are potato-ing? :Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by Kizarvexis
  • Funny 2

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,041 posts
6 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

o7 if it is facing you, then it is his/her left hand. If you are looking from behind then it would be the right hand. 

So is being called a bot, mean that you are potato-ing? :Smile_teethhappy:

If he/she is Facing you 'For Him/Her It IS His/Her Right Hand'  I  served Two Tour's of Duty  and it was Extensively Explained again and again

Edited by shadowsrmine
  • Bad 2

Members
1,697 posts
7,233 battles
18 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

Are you sure you are not a bot?  I mean how do you get 5k average damage in Harekaze with 39% win rate? :cap_fainting:

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[PVE]
Members
9,547 posts
7,456 battles
Just now, shadowsrmine said:

If he/she is Facing you 'For Him/Her It IS His/Her Right Hand'  

Nope. o7 If the o is the face, then then 7 is the left arm.

soldier-salute-vector-1610821.jpg

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,346 posts
9,513 battles
1 minute ago, Kizarvexis said:

captain america avengers GIF

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,041 posts
1 minute ago, Kizarvexis said:

So let me get this right.....................When facing Someone Else Somehow Your Right Hand Magically Becomes Your Left.......................................

[PVE]
Members
9,547 posts
7,456 battles
Just now, shadowsrmine said:

So let me get this right.....................When facing Someone Else Somehow Your Right Hand Magically Becomes Your Left.......................................

Here is some people saluting from behind them.

military-men-saluting-view-from-behind-E

o7 see, it is saluting with the right hand, but the o is the back of the head, not the face.

• Cool 1

[DRB]
[DRB]
Beta Testers
847 posts
4,777 battles

Fun fact. In the US Navy the Boatswain Mate of the Watch can salute with his left hand if he has his boatswain pipe in his right hand.

Edited by Mainerd

[O_O]
Members
4,397 posts
9,515 battles

This is how I salute in game:  <0

It still isn't correct since the upper arm should be parallel to the deck, but it's as close as I can get with a keyboard.

This appears to be more of a wave to me:  o7

Edited by desmo_2

Beta Testers
2,983 posts
4,374 battles
2 minutes ago, Mainerd said:

Fun fact. In the US Navy the Boatswain Mate of the Watch can salute with his left hand if he has his boatswain pipe in his right hand.

some of the pipes are pretty cool looking but the design itself is hideous. what's wrong with the normal looking  whistle?

Members
1,590 posts
4,356 battles

Properly, the salute is to the viewer’s left when rendered with the right hand. Much like a flag is displayed with the field to its own right and it appears on the viewer’s left. This is not a terribly difficult issue to grasp unless you spend too much time looking in the mirror :Smile_honoring:.

[PVE]
Members
9,547 posts
7,456 battles
2 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

It still isn't correct since the upper arm should be parallel to the deck, but it's as close as I can get with a keyboard.

o7 <o

[DRB]
[DRB]
Beta Testers
847 posts
4,777 battles
2 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

some of the pipes are pretty cool looking but the design itself is hideous. what's wrong with the normal looking  whistle?

It's like playing a instrument. You need to learn how to move your fingers across it to do all the duty calls with it. It also looks like a pipe in a way.

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,041 posts
1 hour ago, Ramsalot said:

Are you sure you are not a bot?  I mean how do you get 5k average damage in Harekaze with 39% win rate? :cap_fainting:

Dude I am an average Player Doing my best whilst trying to have fun on My Various Ship's,   And switching from Cruiser to  DD  to  BB  and whilst I say I am average unlike many I actually attempt(Unlike Many in this Game Attempt to Help My Team Win Can You say the Same?   Heh    I Really Wonder About That:Smile_sceptic:)    PS   The one  ship line class I don't play even tho I have tried it  then Vendored it  was  CV 

Edited by shadowsrmine

[OO7]
Members
2,229 posts
9,718 battles
1 hour ago, shadowsrmine said:

I was wondering why nearly every word in your post had a spelling or grammatical error in it and then I looked up your performance history and it all made sense.   By the way, how is it humanly possible that you can view yourself as an average player when your performance metrics across the board are wildly below average?  So much so that you're at least smart enough to recognize you needed to hide them because of that very fact.

They likely weren't asking why you didn't torp the BB behind you as if to imply they expect you to fire torps outside of your firing arc, but simply that you didn't notice the BB (dumb by your own admission) and hadn't previously torped him even if it required fishtailing to get the firing angle necessary to do so.

You're just twisting his words out of context to provide for a way to defend your poor decision-making and lack of awareness.  Frankly, the fact that you would bring this to the forums which would put your grossly below average performance into the spotlight shows yet another example of you not working out the mental math.

Here's a lesson:  Don't ever point fingers at someone (even if anonymously sharing your version of a two-sided story) if you are not prepared or capable of defending your own performance, because it's going to blow up in your face.  Especially when it's nothing but empty hearsay.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[TF_34]
[TF_34]
Beta Testers
1,058 posts
3,925 battles
1 hour ago, shadowsrmine said:

If he/she is Facing you 'For Him/Her It IS His/Her Right Hand'  I  served Two Tour's of Duty  and it was Extensively Explained again and again

No...no, no matter how you slice it, if o7 is facing you, that would be a left handed salute. Even from the emojis perspective, left is left.

Not sure where your tours were or what branch but...if I'm standing in front you and pop a salute, it's with my right hand. As you look at me, I'm saluting with my right hand. To you, my saluting hand is on your left side.

The emoji is displaying a left handed salute. Could be that his right arm is injured.

The other option is you are behind the emoji, and that emoji is saluting someone/thing in front of both of you...

Edited by BBsquid
  • Boring 1

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
420 posts
12,948 battles

1 hour ago, desmo_2 said:

This guy's forearm is close to parallel to the ground:

Comedian Benny Hill Saluting in His Television Show : News Photo
  • Funny 1

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,041 posts
14 minutes ago, VGLance said:

I was wondering why nearly every word in your post had a spelling or grammatical error in it and then I looked up your performance history and it all made sense.   By the way, how is it humanly possible that you can view yourself as an average player when your performance metrics across the board are wildly below average?  So much so that you're at least smart enough to recognize you needed to hide them because of that very fact.

They likely weren't asking why you didn't torp the BB behind you as if to imply they expect you to fire torps outside of your firing arc, but simply that you didn't notice the BB (dumb by your own admission) and hadn't previously torped him even if it required fishtailing to get the firing angle necessary to do so.

You're just twisting his words out of context to provide for a way to defend your poor decision-making and lack of awareness.  Frankly, the fact that you would bring this to the forums which would put your grossly below average performance into the spotlight shows yet another example of you not working out the mental math.

Here's a lesson:  Don't ever point fingers at someone (even if anonymously sharing your version of a two-sided story) if you are not prepared or capable of defending your own performance, because it's going to blow up in your face.  Especially when it's nothing but empty hearsay.

Dude He Came Around The Island BESIDE ME! Came Up  Behind Me From The Other Side!    Bah  why am I even bothering to respond  to you:etc_swear: Expletive Not shown  because I'm   unsure of the Physical and or mental age?!?!?!?!?!?   Of  some of the people in this thread   Howover ONE Last Time the only way I could have seen him coming was looking at the minimap and the time I was focused on what Was In Front of me!    Now this is the last time I'm  gonna respond to this thread as I've lost interest due to the responses of Some of you:etc_swear: and once again expletive Not shown because some of and I'm not sure whether that % is  50% or 80%:Smile_facepalm:

• Bad 4

[DRB]
[DRB]
Beta Testers
847 posts
4,777 battles
21 minutes ago, BBsquid said:

No...no, no matter how you slice it, if o7 is facing you, that would be a left handed salute. Even from the emojis perspective, left is left.

Not sure where your tours were or what branch but...if I'm standing in front you and pop a salute, it's with my right hand. As you look at me, I'm saluting with my right hand. To you, my saluting hand is on your left side.

The emoji is displaying a left handed salute. Could be that his right arm is injured.

I think what people are saying is it's a matter of perspective. If you are giving the salute and you place your face into the "o" as if looking through it, it is correct. If you salute your monitor while looking at "o7" you'll notice the "o" is the back of your head and the "7" is your right hand and arm.

[OO7]
Members
2,229 posts
9,718 battles
19 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

Dude He Came Around The Island BESIDE ME! Came Up  Behind Me From The Other Side!    Bah  why am I even bothering to respond  to you:etc_swear: Expletive Not shown  because I'm   unsure of the Physical and or mental age?!?!?!?!?!?   Of  some of the people in this thread   Howover ONE Last Time the only way I could have seen him coming was looking at the minimap and the time I was focused on what Was In Front of me!    Now this is the last time I'm  gonna respond to this thread as I've lost interest due to the responses of Some of you:etc_swear: and once again expletive Not shown because some of and I'm not sure whether that % is  50% or 80%:Smile_facepalm:

Thank you for making my point.  You are truly a curious wonder from an anthropological standpoint.

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Members
18,173 posts
5,190 battles
2 hours ago, desmo_2 said:

Just don't salute like this on the EU server: ol

....it's illegal in Germany :Smile_hiding:

• Funny 1

Beta Testers
1,480 posts
8,949 battles
3 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

2 hours ago, shadowsrmine said:

Kizarvexis is right.  As you can see with the :Smile_honoring: emoji you used, the arm appears on the left side of the face from the viewer's perspective, but it is his right hand (and right side of his face) because he is facing us.   Similarly as the picture in Kizarvexis subsequent post illustrates, for the "7" to be the right hand, the "o" has to be the back of the head so that the arm appears on the both the viewer's and the person saluting's right side.

Either way, it is a moot argument anyway.  Unlike "<" for "<o," there is no ">" alternative for "7," and you cannot put the "7" on the right (i.e., "7o") because the "7" on the right makes no sense as a salute.  Thus, given that a proper salute uses the right arm, by definition, "o7" has to be understood that "o7" is a third-person view of the person doing the salute rather than a first person view from the viewer's perspective of someone else saluting.

2 hours ago, desmo_2 said:

Technically to use the "7" for the arm, it should be "07" or "O7," rather than using a lower case "o" for the head.  Lower case "o" is more appropriate with "<."

• Boring 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,090 posts
12,646 battles

Yes, we know that "o7" technically is a backward salute, because it portrays either someone either doing it with the wrong hand, or facing the wrong way (away from you). But until our keyboards grow an extra key that types a backward 7, it's what people have decided on using, and we all know what it's intended to mean.

And OP, you're not a bot, but you do have room to improve your gameplay. I've been called all sorts of weird things, it's just something people do when they're freaking out (and they freak out for a lot of reasons, or sometimes no apparent reason at all).

[FML]
Members
1,744 posts
10,099 battles
3 hours ago, shadowsrmine said:

Uh-oh, looks like it will need to be explained again to you, as you’re wrong. Try it for yourself. Tip: don’t use a mirror. 

Edit: ninjaed by @Kizarvexis.

Also, on your original point, you should have turned your very agile ship in order to attack the slow, ponderous, close ranged battleship with torps that could have killed him, either in addition or instead of trying to gun him to death. This should have been obvious, instead of meaning firing torps through your stern. 

Edit2: ninjaed by @VGLance.

Edited by UltimateNewbie
  • Boring 1