Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
LordVakos

Continuing to nerf torpedoes?

10 comments in this topic

Members
1 post
1,149 battles

Why do you continue to nerf torpedoes?  Theres 1000 different ways people can avoid them already but you want to nerf them even more?  You're making DD's utterly useless, more than they already are.  Ridiculous.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[OKM]
Members
82 posts
1,796 battles

Torpedo will still get hit hard for some reason. First: Wargaming seems to not like the idea of the ''silent killer''. They use the ''if you can kill, he can kill you'' as much as possible and tend to nerf other play. And, high level torpedoing require to do it undetected more often than the opposite. Second: It can possibly one shot a boat. Sure, BB can also do so but at least Cruiser get an alarm of being targeted, which torpedo do not give. And, being devastating strike is not fun for many player. Finally: the focus player base tend to be BB captain, and torpedo are especially good against bad BB captain.

[-K-]
Members
5,295 posts
9,114 battles
21 minutes ago, LordVakos said:

Why do you continue to nerf torpedoes?  Theres 1000 different ways people can avoid them already but you want to nerf them even more?  You're making DD's utterly useless, more than they already are.  Ridiculous.

Evidence to back up this claim?

[O_O]
Members
792 posts
4,781 battles
20 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Evidence to back up this claim?

Nope.

eb9.gif

-R

[WOLF5]
Members
1,538 posts
2,143 battles

Where did they say they are nerfing torpedoes?

[RKLES]
Members
7,214 posts
9,006 battles
1 hour ago, LordVakos said:

And nerfing torpedoes is a nerf on some BBs and CAs as well. 

Members
297 posts
39 battles
9 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

And nerfing torpedoes is a nerf on some BBs and CAs as well. 

It's funny, he says "you're making DD's utterly useless", as if they weren't bad before, but DDs have been underperforming as a class since CBT, with only a handful of notable exceptions (Khaba, Fletcher, Minekaze most egregiously, etc.)

Edited by TheSeventhSeeker

[AAA]
Members
432 posts
5,471 battles

I don’t know. There are a lot of bbs that keep stumbling into my torps and sinking. The fletcher is a boss and was king before all this radar. I have found myself using Gearing more due to her long torps. I get at least 1 blind hit a game. 

[ECCHI]
Beta Testers
4 posts
1,783 battles

in some cases, ONE torpedo can do as much as a citadel hit, and the shell has to penetrate you in the exact spot a torpedo does not.

Sign in to follow this