Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Carniolan

What do I have to do to get a special Royal Navy mission?

43 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

49
[POP]
Members
173 posts
5,362 battles

I got all but the two impossible to get without a tier 7 British DD containers from the first directive set.

I got all of today's containers.

I bought five from the Premium shot.

Not one frickin' special mission to get a British DD...

Yet, I see tons of them out there.  What am I doing wrong?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
319
[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
918 posts
2,119 battles

You gotta get lucky. Plain and simple. Notser said he's opened 200 crates without a lightning (or whatever the tier 8 is) in them

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13
[PIZZA]
Members
22 posts
1,248 battles

Sorry about your luck. Or the WG conspiracy against you, whichever the case may be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,198
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,597 posts
9,000 battles
1 minute ago, awiggin said:

Sacrifice a chicken to RNGesus. 

  Reveal hidden contents

 

 

Female virgins are the best sacrifice but try finding one in this day and age. :Smile_izmena:

1 minute ago, jager_geist said:

Buy a lucky rabbit foot. Maybe that'll help.

It wasn't lucky for the rabbit.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
124
[FGNE]
Members
347 posts
2,467 battles
3 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Sacrifice a chicken to RNGesus. 

^ But I if you wish those that much I would go for a goat with some bottles of wine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
923
[WOLF9]
Members
1,102 posts
1 minute ago, awiggin said:

Sacrifice a chicken to RNGesus. 

  Reveal hidden contents

 

 

For those of you cursed to live in our urban centers, the 20 piece KFC bucket will also work. Do not try to slide by with the $5 fill up. The Gods will be offended and release Rosie O'Donnell to destroy your city.

  • Funny 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
170
[WOLFB]
Members
450 posts
3,836 battles

You can buy the Cossack if you really want T7+ British DD.

But that would be letting the RNG demons win.

I won't do it. Begone RNG demons!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
66
[ONAVY]
[ONAVY]
Members
315 posts
9,901 battles

I received every container from Stage 1 of the RN Event (except those requiring T8>) and not a singe DD mission. Bought 5 using sovereigns, nothing. Got 2 more today in stage 2, nothing. Notser had a video on this yesterday. Open ended RNG, it is what it is. You can get one in the first container, or never get one. That is not good for the community.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
549 posts
2,102 battles

Like others said its luck. I got the t6 DD mission so far but no lightning mission yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
121
[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
502 posts
1,028 battles
4 minutes ago, Willy55_1955 said:

I received every container from Stage 1 of the RN Event (except those requiring T8>) and not a singe DD mission. Bought 5 using sovereigns, nothing. Got 2 more today in stage 2, nothing. Notser had a video on this yesterday. Open ended RNG, it is what it is. You can get one in the first container, or never get one. That is not good for the community.

Agreed...they should have come up with a set of missions to be accomplished to earn each one in order, so that those that want to put the effort in can earn them rather than have to gamble for them.  With as bad as the RNG is, you'd think when you did get one of the missions, they would make it a bit easier to get the ship in your port rather than have to also earn 2k base XP per level of the ship...so 14k base XP for the T7 DD...that takes a few days for me at least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
141
[ENDVR]
Members
410 posts
5,326 battles

I didnt get a single French BB mission back when they did that.  Got all the RN DDs this time.  Just the way it works sometimes.

Just let it ride, don’t stress about it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,433
[-K-]
Members
5,251 posts
9,096 battles
36 minutes ago, _1204_ said:

You gotta get lucky. Plain and simple. Notser said he's opened 200 crates without a lightning (or whatever the tier 8 is) in them

I didn't like his rant in that video.  Gambling is gambling, and always involved a good portion of luck.  Just because he spent money on 200 (!) crates, doesn't necessarily entitle him to anything of significance.

You can also buy 100 lottery scratch tickets, but there isn't any guarantee you win anything on any of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
718
[HYDRO]
Members
1,556 posts
3,751 battles
7 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

I didn't like his rant in that video.  Gambling is gambling, and always involved a good portion of luck.  Just because he spent money on 200 (!) crates, doesn't necessarily entitle him to anything of significance.

You can also buy 100 lottery scratch tickets, but there isn't any guarantee you win anything on any of them.

There is some sense in what Notser says. Other games like Hearthstone do it by significantly increasing the chance of good drops if you don't get legendary drops  after a certain number of card packs in Hearthstone's case.  A bit of insurance wouldn't be bad.

On the other hand as you said gambling is gambling regardless of how you sugarcoat it. Notser  is an adult and knows the risks, costs and issues with lootbox culture.

Edited by warheart1992
  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,198
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,597 posts
9,000 battles
35 minutes ago, Jester_of_War said:

You can buy the Cossack if you really want T7+ British DD.

But that would be letting the RNG demons win.

I won't do it. Begone RNG demons!

I won't buy the Cossack with real money because I am not very good with DD's although I am leagues ahead with them then with CV's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,615
[-K-]
[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,779 posts
6,788 battles
3 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

I won't buy the Cossack with real money because I am not very good with DD's although I am leagues ahead with them then with CV's.

Cossack seems kind of meh based on LWM's review. One torp launcher and awful shell ballistics? Pass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
319
[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
918 posts
2,119 battles
15 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

I didn't like his rant in that video.  Gambling is gambling, and always involved a good portion of luck.  Just because he spent money on 200 (!) crates, doesn't necessarily entitle him to anything of significance.

You can also buy 100 lottery scratch tickets, but there isn't any guarantee you win anything on any of them.

Yeah he had no reason to be mad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
121
[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
502 posts
1,028 battles
Just now, _1204_ said:

Yeah he had no reason to be mad

Of course he does...go watch Flamu's video opening his premium RN crates...got most of his missions in the first few boxes!  Terrible RNG...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
93
[LANCE]
Members
306 posts
3,243 battles
15 minutes ago, SmokeHenge said:

I didnt get a single French BB mission back when they did that.  Got all the RN DDs this time.  Just the way it works sometimes.

Just let it ride, don’t stress about it. 

Same for me. Still only have the Dunkeque (sp) as my French BB but have all the RN DD’s from playing the missions. I did play the majority of these in RN ships though ... Gallant, Leander, Fiji, Belfast and Minotaur. I wanted the set but was missing until Jervis. Bought a Cossack and very first game in that got the Jervis!

Good luck to those that don’t have any yet! May RNGesus smile down on you soon!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21
[RST]
[RST]
Members
171 posts
14,889 battles

I am in the same boat. Opened 5 premiums and about 20 non-premiums and got only 1 mission for the tier 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,753 posts
795 battles
3 minutes ago, Bonfor said:

Of course he does...go watch Flamu's video opening his premium RN crates...got most of his missions in the first few boxes!  Terrible RNG...

One time I was in Vegas, blowing off time before going to bed, and I got $20 dollars in quarters.  No plan, just hit the button and people watch.

I pulled $100 bucks out of that slot machine.

There was a black Friday run on that machine when I got up.

Coworker was on a different machine and stayed longer.  Said the next guy got really angry the machine didn't pay out.

No different.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,198
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,597 posts
9,000 battles
2 hours ago, vak_ said:

Cossack seems kind of meh based on LWM's review. One torp launcher and awful shell ballistics? Pass.

Yeah but it would allow me to complete the tier 7/8 RN missions. I got the mission for the Acasta though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,433
[-K-]
Members
5,251 posts
9,096 battles
12 minutes ago, Bonfor said:

Of course he does...go watch Flamu's video opening his premium RN crates...got most of his missions in the first few boxes!  Terrible RNG...

When you know the inherent risks of gambling and still go forward, accepting potential losses is part of the equation.  There are no guarantees, so you can't be upset about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
346
[TDD]
Members
905 posts
7,942 battles

it's nothing but a scam. ... promo to get you to buy crates

just play the game and dont worry about it those dds will be in the tech tree

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×