Sign in to follow this  
JackSchitz

How do I report suspected cheating?

14 comments in this topic

Members
17 posts
2,175 battles

Just finished a game where one of the players was invisible even at very close range.  How do I report this person ("cheating" was not an option in the game)?

Thanks.

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,868 posts
12,620 battles

Send in a support ticket. there is a category for cheating reports

[MEIST]
Members
871 posts
3,059 battles
3 minutes ago, JackSchitz said:

Just finished a game where one of the players was invisible even at very close range.  How do I report this person ("cheating" was not an option in the game)?

Thanks.

No player can make an invisible cheat. All those mechanics are server side. It would be impossible for them to do that.

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
1,855 posts
12,893 battles

Eh? other then the usual mechanics involved. Present a replay, a print scn, something that supports your claim. If not not even support will do anything if you don;t present something to support it.

Members
17 posts
2,175 battles
20 minutes ago, jager_geist said:

No player can make an invisible cheat. All those mechanics are server side. It would be impossible for them to do that.

OK, then maybe there was a fault on the server for that game.

[MEIST]
Members
871 posts
3,059 battles
Just now, JackSchitz said:

OK, then maybe there was a fault on the server for that game.

Did maybe your ping go crazy at that point?

[AWP]
Members
782 posts
3,007 battles
51 minutes ago, JackSchitz said:

Just finished a game where one of the players was invisible even at very close range.  

As you’ve been told, there is no way to have an invisible cheat or anything similar because all of that is handled server side. There are a few possibilities:

1) Your ping jumped really badly

2) The ship did not expose its mid section from behind an island. You can fire without being detected if you can expose a turret without the mid part of your ship

3) There was smoke between you, again depends on the ship firing at you. 

4) An error or bug

Just submit a ticket about it.

Edited by Belyy_Klyk
  • Cool 1

Community Department
2,108 posts
520 battles
27 minutes ago, Belyy_Klyk said:

As you’ve been told, there is no way to have an invisible cheat or anything similar because all of that is handled server side. There are a few possibilities:

2) The ship did not expose its mid section from behind an island. You can fire without being detected if you can expose a turret without the mid part of your ship

4) The detection “delay” messed up. 

The detection delay is overcome already. Other options from described are possible.

[AWP]
Members
782 posts
3,007 battles
24 minutes ago, turbo07 said:

The detection delay is overcome already. Other options from described are possible.

Edited. Didn’t see that you had posted, only issue with posting with poor cell service.

Members
17 posts
2,175 battles
29 minutes ago, Belyy_Klyk said:

4) An error or bug

Just submit a ticket about it.

1. Ping was fine - using a hardline with no issues.  Other ships were visible.  The phenomena occurred only with one ship/player for the whole game. 

2. The ship was right in front of me in open seas. I watched it fire at me multiple times (the guy wasn't very good) and the flight times were less than 0.5 secs so he wasn't beyond sighting distance.  I was reduced to firing at his gun blasts and needless to say didn't get a hit.

3. No smoke.  See above, I observed this multiple times.

4. Maybe - I will submit a ticket.

Thanks.

• Cool 1

Community Department
2,108 posts
520 battles
3 minutes ago, JackSchitz said:

1. Ping was fine - using a hardline with no issues.  Other ships were visible.  The phenomena occurred only with one ship/player for the whole game. 

2. The ship was right in front of me in open seas. I watched it fire at me multiple times (the guy wasn't very good) and the flight times were less than 0.5 secs so he wasn't beyond sighting distance.  I was reduced to firing at his gun blasts and needless to say didn't get a hit.

3. No smoke.  See above, I observed this multiple times.

4. Maybe - I will submit a ticket.

Thanks.

I see. Then highly likely it's a bug. Thank you for noticing. This may help to investigate the reason.

Members
17 posts
2,175 battles
47 minutes ago, turbo07 said:

It's a very rear bug, and we already had a few tickets describing it. So please contact our support via ticket for providing more details if it's suitable for you.

I posted on the bugs forum. Below is the link.

Thanks for all of the replies.

Sign in to follow this