You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Philown

CV Reworks: never seen suggestion

16 comments in this topic

[NTFO]
Members
8 posts
911 battles

I know there's so many of these subjects but there's something that concerns me and it hasn't been posted so far. I never posted on this forum for this time the CV rework brings me in. 

There's something that I would like to be considered: I bought some premium CV and honestly so far I'm considering maybe for a refund maybe to stop. Before going into any directions I will of course try the rework and maybe my mind will change. But what I like in CV is the fact that you can control multiple things at the time. It's to have numbers of squads under your control that to me, makes this fun. Now that that it will be a single squad at the time, I don't think I'll still be interested into that. 

So here's the point: I played only CV since I started this game. I grinded up to t10 all the way and it tooks soooo long (cv is the longest grind because you have to shift to same tier 2 times). So now that I have the Midway I'm just disappointed to see that my only t10 will become unfun to play. I would just think that it would makes it more fair to have a way to get another t10. Take back all my CV if you want I just don't want to grind back from t1 to t10 again without any t10 to enjoy. By this I mean, I would be satisfied to be able to trade CV line for a BB or DD or Cruiser line. Anyway it's not like we (CV main) would win on the trade because, like I said, CV is the longest grind of all. To me it would just be a compensation so that not all the effort of grinding that I put on CV are now none. 

Thanks for constructive contributions here

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Members
297 posts
39 battles
10 minutes ago, Philown said:

cv is the longest grind

This hasn't been my experience, it didn't even take me two weeks to get Hakuryu after OBT started, yet I still don't have any other tier 10s.  It's about 30% more XP that I get in my CVs compared to other ships in their respective tiers.

Edited by TheSeventhSeeker

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,597 posts
9,000 battles

CV's have to change, there are not enough people that enjoy the CV's RTS patting your head while rubbing your stomach while juggling live hand grenades play style.

• Bad 1

[MEIST]
Members
870 posts
3,054 battles

I believe I heard that there was going to be a possible refund for the carries if wanted, but I really doubt that they are going to give you a T10 in a different class.

Members
297 posts
39 battles
47 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

CV's have to change, there are not enough people that enjoy the CV's RTS patting your head while rubbing your stomach while juggling live hand grenades play style.

The goal of this rework can't be to fix CVs (because they are not fixable), nor to increase the CV population (because a large CV population is not good), its purpose must be to lower skill ceiling and to make the game more enjoyable for the other classes.  CVs must stay unenjoyable to play for the general population.  If battleships are popular, and you get a match which is 90% battleship, which happens often enough, the game is still fun and playable, if you were to get a match which was 90% carrier, it would be completely unfun and would hardly resemble a match with no carriers - they absolutely cannot remove the 2 carrier cap and thus they cannot make CVs anywhere near as popular as any other class without breaking MM.

31 minutes ago, jager_geist said:

I believe I heard that there was going to be a possible refund for the carries if wanted, but I really doubt that they are going to give you a T10 in a different class.

They really ought to refund all xp earned on carriers as free xp, and remove them from the player's port with full credit refund.  Then, after the rework, if you want your carriers back, you can just research them with your new free xp and the credits you got from the refund, at no loss, if you don't then just use it on something else.

Edited by TheSeventhSeeker
  • Cool 1
  • Angry 1

[MEIST]
Members
870 posts
3,054 battles
4 minutes ago, TheSeventhSeeker said:

They may, I don't know. I don't think they have done a refund for a whole ship line before. So, I don't know what they do in these cases.

[NTFO]
Members
8 posts
911 battles

They really ought to refund all xp earned on carriers as free xp, and remove them from the player's port with full credit refund.  Then, after the rework, if you want your carriers back, you can just research them with your new free xp and the credits you got from the refund, at no loss, if you don't then just use it on something else.

This is what I'm saying: if at least we could get a full refund or even half of it. Because now for me it's like when you start from 0. I lost all good things that I had to grind credits or fxp. To me this is the most important things to know. Then comes the premium (which I do have like I said). 

4 hours ago, TheSeventhSeeker said:

This hasn't been my experience, it didn't even take me two weeks to get Hakuryu after OBT started, yet I still don't have any other tier 10s.  It's about 30% more XP that I get in my CVs compared to other ships in their respective tiers.

Well since me it was my first ship I had no fxp, no captain, no credits. And yeah it is super long I've done little bit of cruiser or BB after that and it's super fast.

[NTFO]
Members
8 posts
911 battles
3 hours ago, jager_geist said:

Yeah but I grinded my CV by selling the previous one. Like a lot of ppl if I don't have xp for a ship it's pretty useless to have such a load of credits

Members
1,610 posts
3,573 battles
On 9/26/2018 at 12:33 PM, TheSeventhSeeker said:

The goal of this rework can't be to fix CVs (because they are not fixable), nor to increase the CV population (because a large CV population is not good), its purpose must be to lower skill ceiling and to make the game more enjoyable for the other classes.  CVs must stay unenjoyable to play for the general population.  If battleships are popular, and you get a match which is 90% battleship, which happens often enough, the game is still fun and playable, if you were to get a match which was 90% carrier, it would be completely unfun and would hardly resemble a match with no carriers - they absolutely cannot remove the 2 carrier cap and thus they cannot make CVs anywhere near as popular as any other class without breaking MM.

Er,  yes,  a large CV population IS a good thing,  IF they are properly balanced.  That's just a silly thought process you got going on there.  They want to make money off of CV's,  like they make money off of every other class.  In order for that to happen,  they have to be both enjoyable and playable to the large majority of the playerbase.  They've already talked about increasing the number of CV's per match if they can balance them properly,  so yes,  they can increase the number of active CV's and make more money off of them.

Why...why would they remove peoples carriers?  You uh...you don't make a whole lot of sense,  neighbor.

• Cool 1

Members
21 posts
805 battles
On 9/26/2018 at 12:33 PM, TheSeventhSeeker said:

A large CV population is good. More planes for my aa to chew up. I find myself in many games with a dedicated aa captain with no CVs.

Members
1,509 posts
7,515 battles

The best solution by far for CV's is to remove them all from the game and throw them into a trash compactor and then take the compacted cube of cv's and strap them to an atomic warhead on a rocket and fire them into the sun.

• Bad 1
  • Angry 1

[GRFOX]
Members
2,242 posts
4,796 battles

The carrier rework is 110% motivated by console developments. It has nothing to do with anything else. RTS wasn’t going to fly with console players so it had to be changed. They could of done it better but no matter. They did what they had to do before console launch so that could be completed.

Edited by GreyFox78659

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,597 posts
9,000 battles
19 minutes ago, GreyFox78659 said:

The carrier rework is 110% motivated by console developments. It has nothing to do with anything else. RTS wasn’t going to fly with console players so it had to be changed. They could of done it better but no matter. They did what they had to do before console launch so that could be completed.

Since the console players will never be in the same game as a PC player this is wrong. It is 100% motivated by low CV player population numbers though.

• Cool 1

[NATO]
Beta Testers
1,774 posts
5,809 battles
On 9/26/2018 at 11:37 AM, TheSeventhSeeker said:

It didnt take long to level up then but CV XP and credit gain has been nerfed 2 or 3 times since going live and most CV's damage potential has been nerfed as well by changing/eliminating strike loadouts.

[NATO]
Beta Testers
1,774 posts
5,809 battles
On 10/7/2018 at 4:51 PM, BrushWolf said:

It is 100% motivated by low CV player population numbers though.

While it may....may....be that, I highly doubt this rewrite will change the % of the playerbase who are interested in playing CV's.

Technically I guess we wont be playing a CV, we'll be flying planes....in a game about ships....I wonder how long it will be before we get premium aircraft ;)

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,597 posts
9,000 battles
11 minutes ago, hipcanuck said:

While it may....may....be that, I highly doubt this rewrite will change the % of the playerbase who are interested in playing CV's.

Technically I guess we wont be playing a CV, we'll be flying planes....in a game about ships....I wonder how long it will be before we get premium aircraft ;)

I think it will help and they even admitted that CV are unlikely to ever bet the most played. The way they see it is the low population is mostly driven by the fact that few that play this game like the RTS format and the micromanaging that comes with it. The low population lead them to make these changes but secondary reasons are the imbalance in CV player skill, making use of alt attacks, leading to the team with the better CV player having a huge advantage. They do not like one player out of 24 being able to have that much impact on winning or losing. Another secondary reason is the permaspoting of ships, mostly DD's but this impacts every ship, by planes they cannot reach.

Technically we are flying planes with the current system but we are flying three to eight (?) squadrons at one time, the new system just has a different viewpoint.