You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NoZoupForYou

Nice us what we want, now what you think we want

58 comments in this topic

[NATO]
Beta Testers
2,095 posts
6,258 battles
15 minutes ago, guns_at_last_light said:

More importantly, which server has the population that pays the most? Having access to dollars or euros is likely a big plus for a company in Belarus, since they don't use the euro and have Russia as their largest trading partner.

Possibly, but still the data collected from the US server is paltry compared to the RU and EU servers, the EU once hit 40k, steady at 25k lately. I do know that based on forum posts in the past that the NA game is played much differently (they are largely lemming trains on the RU server, so Ive heard) than on the RU or EU servers and that CV's arent the same 'menace' some here believe them to be.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
9,943 posts
13,851 battles

"Nice us what we want, now what you think we want"

barack obama wtf GIF

• Funny 1

[HEROS]
Members
1,803 posts
15,523 battles

Yea, Ranked.  NO tier X's  (I could have a shimmy but I don't like that ship at all, I'd rather use a Yugumo, or Kitakaze and it's going to be a while before I have the Harugumo)  so made it to rank 15 and that's it, all done.  Find something for the tier X to do but please no more tier X only ranked.   And I don't understand why tier IX's cant be used.  I really don't because many of the tier IX are competitive ships in the hands of thoughtful competitive players if my own performance getting chucked into tier X matches in mt tier XIII and IX ships is anything to go by.  Never forget, it's the players.. Ships are just a tool.

The save a star thing in ranked DOES needs to be dropped.  we have sufficient stat farming in random.  In competitive play it's a bad thing.   The issue is players give up on the team and start chasing the shiny star when they might still be able to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat.    AND FAR TO MANY START CHASING THAT STAR TO SOON! and end up making sure the match is lost.  Please do not encourage selfish play in a match format dependent on team cooperation! Please!  

Folks will figure out soon that the IJN gunboat DD have some fairly serious Achilles heels (I drive the Kitakaze and they pretty glaringly obvious to me..so you bet I tend to avoid situations where they get exposed.  Very easy ships to one two three dead.  Same same all other ship types..  Seeing more DD's then you want to in a match..PATIENCE..Let the DD fight it out and for crying out loud support them even if that means taking one in the gut  for the team.. The object is to win.  Your personal survival is not required.  Go watch/play some american foot ball if you need an example of what team play is.

Every match is a puzzle to be solved to get a win out of it.  The better players figure it out.  The worse players never really do without a lot of incentive and encouragement.  Every advantage has a counter, but it may not be available in the match your in.  Them's the brakes.  Might have to think up a tactical counter on the fly. Ask yer DD players.. doinging stuff on the fly is a job requirement for them to be any good at all in a DD. 

Good man Zoup.  Keepem think'n

Warlord sends

Members
1,866 posts
2 hours ago, Carrier_Lexington said:

Players who are AFK (below a certain match participation, say, less than 10% Activity) in that battle lose a star regardless of match outcome, in addition to other penalties.

The bane of all 7 on 7 play. I know people lose their connection for unexplained reasons, but others are not there for something going on at home that should have been taken care of. "But Mom!".

Members
768 posts
18,340 battles
2 hours ago, Carrier_Lexington said:

I would go further to say that WoT has a better Ranked Progression system than WoWS: where the best loser gets a Chevron (star), the upper-middle bracket gain no Chevrons, and the bottom bracket loses a Chevron (meanwhile, the top winner gets two Chevrons with the middle bracket getting one and the lowest bracket getting none). Of course, WoT Ranked has 15 players per match, but I think it would be fair to say that a system like this could be implemented in a smaller scale:

• The Top three players on the losing team lose no stars.
  • The four spots below that lose one star
  • The Top player on the winning team gets 2 stars
  • Everyone else gets one star
  • Players who are AFK (below a certain match participation, say, less than 10% Activity) in that battle lose a star regardless of match outcome, in addition to other penalties.

This puts less emphasis on being "the best one" and more emphasis on trying to win, as the top three spots out of a seven-player team will tend to go to players who demonstrate better teamwork, and there is no preference given (aside from economic rewards) to the top player on the losing team.

The reward for being "the best" now goes to the winning team, meaning that it is now a gamble: Do you want to chance higher rewards to be the best player, at the risk of no progression at all or even a backslide if you fail? Or do you want to play for the win, which is a guaranteed star? Winning is requisite to getting bonus rewards, so, no matter what, the player must play for the team's win in order to even hope for boosted rewards.

I do like this.

[_-_]
Members
2,638 posts
7,538 battles
6 hours ago, hipcanuck said:

Possibly, but still the data collected from the US server is paltry compared to the RU and EU servers, the EU once hit 40k, steady at 25k lately. I do know that based on forum posts in the past that the NA game is played much differently (they are largely lemming trains on the RU server, so Ive heard) than on the RU or EU servers and that CV's arent the same 'menace' some here believe them to be.

I can't say about RU server, but I play the German BB line on EU sometimes. I'm up to Bismarck and plan to FreeXP straight to GK.

There's a hybrid of lemming trains and genuine cooperation, much more common than seen on NA. They are also very aggressive compared to NA. In fact, I've seen the old StarCraft zerg rush call "KEEKEKEKE!!!111"  used to call for a push. Matches are over quickly. Campers are scorned. Capping is King. AYBABTU is a common taunt.

The EU forums are different too, with far fewer posts in general and fewer rage rants. Most posts are well-reasoned and thoughtful.

Edited by So_lt_Goes